Trip Report Honey we are home!

Hi all!

There is PTR here for our upcomming trip to WDW next October. We go to DLP 4 or 5 times year, but this everything is in place for WDW so less stays in Paris for us. But since the new Ratatouille ride was open we decided that we NEED to go to DLP to ride the new attraction! Well to start with it... it was absolutely worth it! What a marvelous and great new ride. If you can't go to France in the (near) future you have to be soooo jealous. Off course you all are jealous about Disney Dreams, by far the greatest closing show of all the parks but with this new ride DLP is on the way back!

During the weekend or right after the weekend I will continue this report with a bunch of pictures!!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Ok this message is just Ratatouille only. Tomorrow I will post more in the TR of our July trip.

What is Ratatouille? Well of course you all know the movie! It's a great movie and probably made special for the European Disney fans. But I guess every Disney fan in the world loves the movie.

The attraction uses LPStrackless ride technology, similar to Pooh's Hunny Hunt (in Tokyo Disneyland) and Mystic Manor (in Hong Kong Disneyland), which uses vehicles shaped as rats to automatically slide across the ground with no track. It also contains a 3D dome segment of the ride that the vehicles will ride into.

ratatouille-poster.jpg

Details:
Build between 2013 and 2014
Soft opening on June 26th 2014
Officially opened on July 10th 2014
Costs to build: USD 270.000.000,--
Duration of the ride: between 4:15 and 4:55

SPOILER ALERT :)

If you click on this link you find a youtube movie with on-ride footage.

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Very interesting! It's always fun to see a new attraction and surrounding area. Hope to visit DLP someday.

Yeah they managed to build a great new attraction! And understand why you are hoping. I had that for more than 10 years for WDW and now it's almost there :)

Last edited:

DisSplash

Loving your trip report, and waiting for more on Ratatouille!
I LOVE Earl of Sandwich and finally got to eat there in Downtown Disney last summer, so your pictures of those yummy sandwiches made me hungry (and I just had breakfast) ... The fish and chips looked tasty too ... Geez, what is it with Disney food? Makes me just want to eat all the time.

You should definitely get yourself a chef's hat ... it's a fun look!
That fastpass line looked insane, but I'm glad that you were able to avoid that in the end.
The Ratatouille area of the park does look gorgeous!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Loving your trip report, and waiting for more on Ratatouille!
I LOVE Earl of Sandwich and finally got to eat there in Downtown Disney last summer, so your pictures of those yummy sandwiches made me hungry (and I just had breakfast) ... The fish and chips looked tasty too ... Geez, what is it with Disney food? Makes me just want to eat all the time.

You should definitely get yourself a chef's hat ... it's a fun look!
That fastpass line looked insane, but I'm glad that you were able to avoid that in the end.
The Ratatouille area of the park does look gorgeous!

Hey thanks! There is more on it's way!

We loce Earl as well, like I said we enjoy breakfast almost everyday when we stay in DLP. Since this summer they also have the opportunity to have diner. So guess on our next DLP (2015) trip we will try that out. Funny that it made you hungry.... I guess the sandwiches are the same is everywhere else :) And when we are in WDW we will do Earls as well...... Disney food is most of the time good or at least ok :) Although most of the times we do not go to restauransts. The money we save by eating is the 'cheaper' restaurants is spent on merchandise :)

The chef hat is funny, but didnt buy it. Where can you wear it.. guess my boss does not allow me to wear it at work LOL

The good thing about the fast passes for Ratatouille is that in the morning they give away the fastpasses for just the morning and around 13.00 they give away for the rest of the day. So around 10.00 and 13.00 the line is very very long! But since we know the time we were lucky every day with short lines and fastpasss for Ratatouille every day!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Here we go again with the continuation of our DLP trip last July. Again with a lot of pictures! I have around 40 left.

We were still in the main park, but had to leave soon. Time to use the fastpasses for Ratatouille.

For children, in my opnion, one of the greatest rides is Pinocchio. The painting on the wall is one we should have at home on the wall :) Wish I was such a good painter LOL

Pinochio.JPG

Then we were back in Disney Studios. Remember that it is a Thrursday and that the holidays in France still have to start. But as you can see it was not crowded at all. Only the square in front of Ratatouille was more crowded.

The photoshop in Disney Studios.

back in studios_01.JPG

The mailbox is not really Disney like :)

mailbox.JPG

This is what I mean with not that crowded.

not crowded.JPG

Chesihire the Cat is also famous in Paris :)

Alice cat.JPG

During our walk to Ratatouille we walked by TOT. Off course a ride we take often.

TOT_01.JPG

And there we are back with the marvelous square of Ratatouille.

Ratatouille square again.JPG

As you can see in the youtube movie I linked in an earlier message you can see that during the walk inside the ride Gustav is telling a story. Taking pictures inside Ratatouille was not really possible. It's very dark and some parts are in 3D. The way they provide the guests with the 3D-glasses is nice. You walk by a big fryer and you take the glasses out.

Inside Ratatouille_01.JPG

Inside Ratatouille_02.JPG

Inside Ratatouille_03.JPG

So we dont have more pictures of the ride within Ratatouille. But WOW what a ride it was. We were astonished the first time. Never had such an experience before. I mean the first time in TOT was great, the first time in Crush Coaster was not to describe. But this time DLP/WD really made something special. And it is hard to describe it in words....... so I won't even try :)

mrdrift

Loving the report from DLP. DLP looks like it has many of the same rides as WDW, but still has a different ambiance to it. I think my family would really like to visit the parks in Paris. The photos are really good. Thanks for sharing .

FlaggNL

Original Poster
And than I have just 2 messages with pictures left. It was just a 4 day stay, so not as many pictures as normal. I am for sure that during our October WDW trip we will take much more pictures... probably 100's.... and we have Memory Maker so that will be an extra addition of pictures :)

After TOT we went into the Tram Tours.. waiting time was just 5 minutes. Not a thrill ride but great to sit for 15 minutes :)

Tram Tour.JPG

Tram Tour_02.JPG

Off course I had to go in a picture with the Armageddon vehicle!

Armagaddon.JPG

Sacha tried a selfie with the camera:)

Ria_Sacha.JPG

Crush's Coaster is one of the best rides inside Studios park. Normally the wait time is over 90 minutes, but this time it was 'just' 40 minutes so me and Sacha took the ride. And again it was marvelous. During the first part of the ride you go outside and Ria took some great pictures! Then inside again and a slow ride what looks a bit childish.. but than it happens...... you go up like you are chased by a shark.. and at the top... well you go in a really thrill ride. You car circles around inside a dark rollercoaster with a lot op stops and corners :) When you are in DLP an absolute have to do ride!!

Crush_01.JPG

Crush_02.JPG

Crush_03.JPG

Crush_04.JPG

Crush_05.JPG

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Loving the report from DLP. DLP looks like it has many of the same rides as WDW, but still has a different ambiance to it. I think my family would really like to visit the parks in Paris. The photos are really good. Thanks for sharing .

Thanks! Yeah there are many the same rides as the other Disney parks in the world. But Paris also have some rides that are unique! Crush Coaster is in my thought Paris only. Ratatouille is off course Paris only. Disney Dreams, the closing show at the end of the day is unique for Paris.

Your family absolutely will like DLP :)

Thanks for the photo compliment. Almost all the pictures are by Ria so I will pass it!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
So here is my last message with pictures of the July 2014 trip.

First some pictures of DLP I forgot to post in ealier messages. The last few pictures are from Starbucks in Disney Village. Unfortunate only Village have a Starbucks and it is not like WDW where you have Starbucks inside the parks :)

band.JPG

BTM.JPG

Casey.JPG

Starbucks_01.JPG

starbucks_02.JPG

Starbucks_pancakes.JPG

Frapuccino_01.JPG

Frapuccino_02.JPG

FlaggNL

Original Poster
So that's it for now. Like I mentioned before we are in DLP twice a year. But this year is different. The plan was just one trip because in October we will be in WDW. So a good reason the save the money we normally spent in DLP. But then Ratatouille opened. And we had two weeks for work. So the Disney feelings were to big and we decided to go on a short 4-day trip to DLP. I guess the next trip to DLP will be in 2015. Now the only that is left for us is counting down for the October trip (See PTR). And off course after the WDW trip there will be TR with probably a lot, really a lot of pictures and stories.

For now so long, hope you enjoyed the TR and maybe someday you will be visiting DLP also!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Thanks for sharing the pictures! I hope to get to DLP soon. Have fun counting down to WDW. Cant wait to read that report.

Thanks for the reply! DLP is absolutely worth a trip, but I guess you already know that :)

The pre-feelings are great! I can wait for that report. Because when I am writing that TR it means we are back and I don't want that :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom