Home on the Range Pre-Parade show debuts at the Magic Kingdom Park

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Greetings all with a little news from the ol' cast portal

Guests at the Magic Kingdom Park now can view a new Pre-Parade show promoting Walt Disney Pictures' upcoming animated feature Home on the Range.

"I was very excited after viewing [a preview screening of] the film," said Show Director Corey Benedict. "We wanted to bring an entertainment offering that would recreate the happy times in the Patch of Heaven farm (the film's setting)."

The show, which consists of two floats accompanied by equestrians on horses, includes puppets of characters in the movie. Dancers perform to the music of K.D. Lang's song "A Little Patch of Heaven" from the Home on the Range soundtrack. Pearl, the character who owns Patch of Heaven in the film, encourages Guests to participate in the square dance.

The Pre-Parade show begins daily prior to the "Share a Dream Come True" Parade from March 5 - April 16. Home on the Range debuts in theaters April 2.

The show, which consists of two floats accompanied by equestrians on horses, includes puppets of characters in the movie. Dancers perform to the music of K.D. Lang's song "A Little Patch of Heaven" from the Home on the Range soundtrack. Pearl, the character who owns Patch of Heaven in the film, encourages Guests to participate in the square dance.
^Haha fun fun fun!! :sohappy:

Pixie Duster

Not sure about the Meet and Greet, practically all the major characters are four legged and you know those four legged animals have trouble meeting and greeting in the parks ;).

Saw the preparade today and thought it was great! One of the best preparades they have done. The "girls" (the three cows) were great, great movement. The lady in charge of the farm talked on the first float, so she may be a meet and greeter eventually. All the performers were very interactive and the song sounded great!

TinkerBell9988

I saw a piece of this new pre-parade show yesterday, and I love the music!

I was singing it all day, and now it seems I have forgotten it... LOL

mraw

I saw the pre parade on Saturday and I loved it! The three cows in the barn were cool. I love when Roseanne's character says "you go, Cowgirl!" I enjoyed their movement as well. I'm guessing that they are puppets, because they are very well articulated. I need to take a picture next time.

NADisney

For those of you that have seen the pre-parade ,will you please post pics for those of us who have not seen it or will not be able to see it ...lol

netenyahoo

There are lots of 4 legged characters that they make into 2 legged ones for meet and greets. The Brother Bear characters, Pluto and Eeyore come to mind. The only problem with cows would be the udders. That would just be a little akward and weird.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom