Hollywood Studios expansion news!

Thrill Seeker

Getting back on topic... (and wow! I haven't posted in ages. Been lurking though).

Any news for DHS will be expected. I haven't been there since the late 90s but from what I have heard... So I was thinking: I know everyone wants that Tron E-Ticket that's going into Shanghai and I saw someone post in here that they thought it'd fit better at DHS...and I agree. However, I don't think the facade should be like what we have seen in the concept art....

What about a complete recreation of Flynn's Arcade on the outside and the que can be the same on the inside? Wouldn't that fit more in DHS? Just me thinking out loud...carry on!

Honestly, I'd rather see Tron go to Epcot than DHS. I think it fits well with the Future World theme and there's a nice spot for it between Mission: SPACE and Universe of Energy..

javy2004

i hope i'm not alone in this, but i'm hoping wreck-it-ralph is a smashing success and it'll create enough reason to put in a new attraction, hopefully doing something we haven't seen before, and i could see it fitting at DHS.

also, with all the talk about Cars Land, not only do i think DHS should get it, but every resort should get it. This land became an instant classic for me. i'm not too big on the Cars franchise, but WOW! walking into radiator springs and knowing where everything is in the land bc it is recreated to accurately from the movie blew me away. RSR is a totally different beast from TT despite the ride system. my only thing would be that Luigi's Flying Tires needs a MK dumbo setup with 2 separate rides operating side by side for the super low capacity. Although, i would scrap the ride altogether. I didn't ride it, but watching that ride in action is one of the most incredibly underwhelming things i've witnessed in ANY theme park.

When a land is done right, i think even most non-fans of whatever franchise the land is themed after, ppl notice and it'll bring them back over and over again. in the summer of 2011, i didn't even know what a muggle was, but after a forbidden journey and a couple glasses of butterbeer, I was sold on a themed land that i went out of my way to have no knowledge of prior to that day.

Cars Land at all disney resorts!!! A monsters inc. coaster sounds pretty cool, I'd just like some merch with Boo in it :D

jmuboy

I would love to see a TRON ride added to DHS. A Flynn's Arcade facade leads to a game grid ride. if its planned and designed for China why not use it here at WDW. WDW go Philharmagic and Dwarf Coaster (both designed for Chinese parks) before the Chinese park versions opened. What wrong with stealing one more ride idea? plus the move tie in would work perfectly. And it would be great to see a non animated Disney movie franchise added to DHS!

Tron, Carsland and move Laugh Floor to Pixar Place and DHS might actually be worth the cost of admission.

bigeternity

I would love to see a TRON ride added to DHS. A Flynn's Arcade facade leads to a game grid ride. if its planned and designed for China why not use it here at WDW. WDW go Philharmagic and Dwarf Coaster (both designed for Chinese parks) before the Chinese park versions opened. What wrong with stealing one more ride idea? plus the move tie in would work perfectly. And it would be great to see a non animated Disney movie franchise added to DHS!

Tron, Carsland and move Laugh Floor to Pixar Place and DHS might actually be worth the cost of admission.

That would be a great start.

doctornick

If they move Laugh Floor to DHS (which seems possible given that it's just a theater/screened attraction so it's not as complicated as moving an actual ride), I'd just as soon see Tron added to the vacated space at Tomorrowland if possible -- I assume it would need a bigger footprint than just the Laugh Floor space, but they could use the land behind it (towards the railroad berm) or even use the Tomorrowland Terrace land as well.

If they move Laugh Floor to DHS (which seems possible given that it's just a theater/screened attraction so it's not as complicated as moving an actual ride), I'd just as soon see Tron added to the vacated space at Tomorrowland if possible -- I assume it would need a bigger footprint than just the Laugh Floor space, but they could use the land behind it (towards the railroad berm) or even use the Tomorrowland Terrace land as well.
This makes the most sense. Tron is a futuristic-type thing that would actually combine quite well in tomorrowland. Laugh floor could be moved onward to DHS to fill in vacant space in Pixar Studios, and voila! A kinda cohesive decision that WDI actually could make! Aaaa... It could happen... ;)

doctornick

This makes the most sense. Tron is a futuristic-type thing that would actually combine quite well in tomorrowland. Laugh floor could be moved onward to DHS to fill in vacant space in Pixar Studios, and voila! A kinda cohesive decision that WDI actually could make! Aaaa... It could happen... ;)

Y'know, I was wondering if they could reconfigure the entrance/exit of the Hunchback theater to put in Laugh Floor there. The back end of the theater is near LMA, so if LMA (along with Backlot) becomes Cars Land/part of Pixar Place then it would be continuous. Of course, Laugh Floor wouldn't be particular near the Door Coaster then, which is less than ideal.

cheezbat

I believe that was the idea if Tron was ever to come to MK.

elchippo

changing subject (much as I LOVE TRON), but still fits the thread's theme...

In talking about DHS expansion, rather than be so Pixar/Cars heavy, I feel there's a lot of potential in recycing a lot of concepts found in the DCA re-do...if DHS is going to expand, I'd much rather see it steer towards honoring "early Walt" which would definitely fit the park (at least the front of it).....stuff like silly Symphony swings could totally fit there. But of course I havent been to DCA....any other thoughts?

jmuboy

I would love to see a refresh of Hollywood and Sunset Blvds. Turn them into "Hollywood land "with a real working Red Car Trolley. Refresh the shopping and dining. Replace Theater of the Stars with an art deco style indoor theater for large scale productions (like Aladdin / Golden Mickeys / Disney Dreams (stolen from the cruise line). Remove BAH.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom