Hollywood and Vine

Polly

I have priority seating for a character breakfast in August at Hollywood and Vine. Is it good? We have never done any character meals so have nothing to compare it to. I would appreciate your views.

Nansafan

We have had character breakfast at H&V twice in the last 3 years and enjoy it very much. We were last there June 29. They had the usual breakfast fare, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, biscuits and gravy, grits, bagels/muffins etc. and frittata. Our favorite food there is the breakfast pizza and of course Mickey Mouse waffles. The characters were Goofy, Chip, Dale and Minnie. The great thing about a character meal is that you do not have to chase them down. They visit each table and spend as much time at your table as you want for pictures, autographs etc. The little dance number is cute too. Character meals are great for families with small children and when they are all you can eat, great for families with teenagers who can eat you out of house and home like my son can. Birnbaum's and the Unofficial Guide say that Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary is the best character meal and it is great but I prefer H&V. It is less crowded and easier to get a PS for.

Upvote 0

bearboysnc

They had the usual breakfast fare, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, biscuits and gravy, grits, bagels/muffins etc. and frittata.

O.K. when I moved to the south, I thought I'd seen it all...

What's a Frittata?

Upvote 0

scherdin1

I have a question about H&V too! What about the dinner meal? Is it also good? Is this also a character meal? We are thinking about doing this in December for the Fantasmic priority seating dinner package. Has anyone done this? If so, how did it work?

Thanks!!:kiss:

Upvote 0

maureen ashton

scherdin1 When my sister and I went to WDW back in May we had a free Character Bkfst at H & V and enjoyed it very much. We then decided to make reservations for Dinner another night to take advanage of the Fantasmic PS. I was great, the meal is excellent, I hate buffets and avoid them at all cost but have told everyone that they will never hear me say this again it was the best buffet I had ever had. All the food tasted as it should, not steamed to death. Not a lot put out at one time so everything was hot or cold as the case may be. We ate early, 4:30 and the restaurant was empty. The Fantasmic seating worked out great, you enter through gates near the front entrance of the park, but it is quite a walk to the seating and you are seated to the right of centre stage, but we saw everything fine, the show is wonderful. I don't beleive you will be disappointed with your choice. It is not a character meal. Enjoy your trip

Upvote 0

scherdin1

Thanks so much Maureen! We will definitely try it for Fantasmic! We have been to Fantasmic so many times, but ALWAYS have to spend so much time waiting. This will be great! I can't wait!:sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

no2apprentice

We had the character lunch at H & V when we were there at spring break. I don't know if it was that particular group of CM's, or because it was a light lunch crowd when we were there, but it was a HOOT! Goofy accidentally knocked some chairs over, and played that up for several minutes. Chip and Dale were wild! We've been to Chef Mickey's for breakfast, and Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner, but this was the most interaction I've seen at a character meal.

If you do the dinner PS for the Fantasmic seating, just be aware that while you are closer to the front, you are on the far side of the seating blocks. Some people have commented that they would rather get there very early and sit more in the center. If you do the Fantasmic PS, still allow an hour (45 minutes at the very least) to get your seats prior to showtime.

Upvote 0

scherdin1

Thanks. I'll remember that. We'll try to get there about 45 minutes to an hour before, but our 2 year old will be with us, and he doesn't do too well sitting still for a LONG time.

We've been to Disney many times, but for some reason never ate at H & V. I'm looking forward to doing something different.

Upvote 0

Nansafan

Originally posted by bearboysnc

O.K. when I moved to the south, I thought I'd seen it all...

What's a Frittata?

It is not a southern dish unless you are from southern Italy. A Frittata is the Italian version of an omelet. They are cooked in a pan until the eggs are set and then the pan is placed in the oven to finish cooking the eggs. It is not folded like the typical omelet but it has similar filings, onions, peppers, mushrooms etc. It can be served hot or cold.

Upvote 0

meekoman

Me and my wife stopped there in may for dinner and we were very impressed with the food and decor. The previous night we had dinner at the Garden Grill and was really disapointed with the quality. I would recommend it.

Upvote 0

TURKEY

Hollywood and Vine is excellent for all 3 meals.

Breakfast is great. I think its kind of a secret. It was never really crowded like Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, and other breakfasts. The characters were great everytime.

Upvote 0

Polly

Original Poster
Thanks for all your replies.

Is this a all you can eat place? I hope so because my eldest boy is 15 and can eat and eat and eat::slurp:

Upvote 0

Nansafan

Originally posted by Polly
Thanks for all your replies.

Is this a all you can eat place? I hope so because my eldest boy is 15 and can eat and eat and eat::slurp:

Yes it is all you can eat. This June we had my son-15, 2 neice-14 and 11 and 2 nephews-13 and 11. The 3 older ones eat you out of house and home and the 2 younger ones are so picky, we're lucky they eat anything. With the selection H&V has, everyone was happy including my purse.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom