Holidays 2012 at the Disneyland Resort

Californian Elitist

As much as I love Halloween, I just love that it immediately gets kicked to the curb once it's over, to make way for Christmas. It's not just Disney that does this. I was in Target a couple of days ago and the Christmas season is there, too. Love it.

Cosmic Commando

As much as I love Halloween, I just love that it immediately gets kicked to the curb once it's over, to make way for Christmas. It's not just Disney that does this. I was in Target a couple of days ago and the Christmas season is there, too. Love it.
I was at a Target today and from my car, I saw some flashing strobe/blinking LED lights. I thought that it was from some leftover spooky Halloween display, but it was definitely "sparkly" Christmas ornaments!

Californian Elitist

I was at a Target today and from my car, I saw some flashing strobe/blinking LED lights. I thought that it was from some leftover spooky Halloween display, but it was definitely "sparkly" Christmas ornaments!

It's the best! Target has really nice things for Christmas but Kmart is the best when it comes to Christmas decorations and ornaments (is there such thing as Kmart in NY?).

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
So the Buena Vista Street Christmas tree showed up today... and I, your wdwmagic.com honorary Disneyland beat reporter for the month of November was on the scene! It looks great! Pictures to follow shortly...
Can't wait to see 'em! There's a couple of shots floating around Twitter and it looks fantastic. Can't wait for the rest of the decorations to go up around BVS!

Cosmic Commando

The tree looks great! I don't even know how to describe the design style, but the decorations look like what you'd expect to find in your grandmother's or great-grandmother's attic. Pictures can't pick it up, but the garland really shimmers and catches the light in person. I took a few pictures...

SDC15508.jpg

SDC15529.jpg

SDC15524.jpg

SDC15519.jpg

SDC15517.jpg

SDC15509.jpg

SDC15514.jpg

nemofinder22

I LOVE that tree is so different than DL's kind of "understated" if you will but still packs a punch.

Thanks for the photos Cosmic!!! The 2nd photo with the tree, Red Car Trolley and Five and Dime!

Not to take away from Comic's photos but heres one from Mint at night.
http://mintcrocodile.blogspot.com/2012/11/checking-out-some-new-christmas-decor.html
i-VJgngb9-M.jpg

http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/photos/i-VJgngb9/0/O/i-VJgngb9-O.jpg

More here-
http://mintcrocodile.blogspot.com/2012/11/checking-out-some-new-christmas-decor.html

Californian Elitist

A brand new TV spot for the Holidays, and it focuses mainly on DCA! Also a cool preview of the decor/lights we'll see in Cars Land. I love it.

That was one of the best Disneyland Resort Christmas commercials they've come up with. It's so odd seeing so many ads for California Adventure. Disneyland has always been in the spotlight. I'm so happy California Adventure is finally getting the attention it deserves!

Nicole220

Love the tree! I find it interesting because when I saw the DCA tree backstage just over a month or so ago, it had different ornaments on it! They were flat, cardboard cutouts basically. It still looked great but this is even better. They must not have had the other ornaments ready when the tree went up for filming back then.

Cosmic Commando

A brand new TV spot for the Holidays, and it focuses mainly on DCA! Also a cool preview of the decor/lights we'll see in Cars Land. I love it.

Yeah, they did do a good job with the decorations for the commercial. I can tell that the air filter garland is just like it is in the actual land and I noticed some things in the same places both in the commercial and in Cars Land.

nemofinder22

A DLR commercial with the correct castle, not even a generic Disney Parks castle!?!?!?$! WHAT!!?!?! With DCA as the focus!?! WHAT?!?! ;)

I would love if Mater's Junkyard Jamboree got and overlay with those cute antler hats.

Also it's a small world holiday soft opened today!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom