Holiday Inn - Disney Springs. Yay or Nay?

Schweino

Have a small trip to Orlando for December (11/30 - 12/5 and first 3 nights are at Universal) and plan to do the holiday party at HS on 12/4, so we want to get to the Disney area when we check out of Universal on 12/3.

I will first state that I want to budget/price two options, and the first option is French Quarter at $715 total after taxes. We do not want to do Pop/AS (we've stayed at Pop before...but we did 8 nights at FQ in Dec '22 and fell in love).

Option 2: How do you feel about the Holiday Inn - Disney Springs? For 2 nights with a Fireworks view room, it was $475 after all fees/taxes and we can at least book a shuttle to get to HS for free (not sure we can get back after the party is over, will just uber). Also walking access to DS so we can catch a bus to any resort we may need to go to for any food plans.

I have never stayed off-site before, so my knowledge is near zero. What I am looking for is access to Disney Springs (either walk or shuttle) and the parks (shuttle to HS). If you have other suggestions that do not cost more than $500 total I am all ears (ha!). TIA!

kimberlymautz

I apparently can't delete this post, but just learned I posted this in the wrong place :facepalm: apologies!
I know you posted this in the wrong spot, but I saw it and had to warn you. I'm in a Disney Facebook group and have seen SO MANY COMPLAINTS about Holiday Inn at Disney Springs. Cockroaches in the rooms. Being charged $500+ extra for water park fees (that several of them said that they never used), vehicle fees (whether they brought one or not), and some other kind of fee. I forget what else they said, but none of it was good. :(

Upvote 0

Eric Graham

Have a small trip to Orlando for December (11/30 - 12/5 and first 3 nights are at Universal) and plan to do the holiday party at HS on 12/4, so we want to get to the Disney area when we check out of Universal on 12/3.

I will first state that I want to budget/price two options, and the first option is French Quarter at $715 total after taxes. We do not want to do Pop/AS (we've stayed at Pop before...but we did 8 nights at FQ in Dec '22 and fell in love).

Option 2: How do you feel about the Holiday Inn - Disney Springs? For 2 nights with a Fireworks view room, it was $475 after all fees/taxes and we can at least book a shuttle to get to HS for free (not sure we can get back after the party is over, will just uber). Also walking access to DS so we can catch a bus to any resort we may need to go to for any food plans.

I have never stayed off-site before, so my knowledge is near zero. What I am looking for is access to Disney Springs (either walk or shuttle) and the parks (shuttle to HS). If you have other suggestions that do not cost more than $500 total I am all ears (ha!). TIA!
To be honest, we stayed at a Disney good neighbor hotel the last time that we stayed and we didn't really care for it. We tried shuttling back and forth and that took forever. And we thought we could get first opportunity to get Genie, but we could not. I believe next time we'll stay on property. May be more convenient and better to stay at Port Orleans. We really enjoyed the resort when we stayed there. A carriage ride would be nice and relaxing also if you have a family. I would advise you to get a room away from the pool because of the noise. Hope you enjoy the holiday party with the Muppets, and you should check out the new Minions Land at Universal:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom