Hogwarts Express Question

lisak09

Original Poster
We will be at Universal on Sunday, so excited! My daughter and I don't like roller coasters or anything with big drops so we will be giving Gringotts a miss. We're hoping to go on the Hogwarts Express and since our plan was to spend Sunday at Universal Studios I was thinking of heading to IOA early and heading straight to Hogsmeade to get on HE. Will this work or do you have go from Diagon Alley first? Thanks for the help:)

JT3000

You can board the Hogwarts Express from either park. Also, it's worth noting that Gringotts is barely a roller coaster. It only has two, very short (several seconds each) coaster sections and a single drop on par with Pirates of the Caribbean. I would at least try it.

lazyboy97o

King's Cross Station is not in Diagon Alley, so if you were hoping to get in quickly by riding the Hogwarts Express that will not work.

IAmFloridaBorn

Yeahhhhhh what they said.
Gringotts has two mild drops. (Not even enough to hurt your stomach) Very fun drops!

HE , if you want to ride it just ride it. You can't get into either one of the lands riding it. It sits just outside of each land. And Diagon Alley being New, that wouldnt be your best bet as opposed to walking in Diagon Alley, then again you might get lucky. They had the Kings Cross area open to people exiting King Cross straight into DA a few times. So Who knows. Go with the flow!

JustInTime

Yes, you can go to IOA and ride the train from Hogsmede to Kings Cross. But I think the ride is better the other way around. If I were you, I would just go to Universal, ride the express then get back on and ride it back. I am almost positive there is a reride option. But it is different each way so it's like two rides. And when you ride, be sure to watch the doors more than the windows. The door effect is much cooler. Also, gringotts wasn't scary. i loved it.

JoeCamel

There has been no wait to get into DA so once you ride HE you can just walk around to the DA entrance and explore the land. I agree with the others that you should give EFG a try if you can get in line with 100 minutes or less or if the single rider line is to the goggle pickup or less. It is NOT stomach churning at all.

If you do decide to go for Gringotts then do that first and then ride HE over and back. Should be less of a line

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom