Hmmm…

khelinski

Original Poster
…I have been told by a few cast members that nothing is what it seems. That the “Disney-image” that is perceived to the public, is just that – an image. But what goes on “behind-the-scenes” is a bit different. In respect to the college/career start programs, there are a good number of young people from all directions in the “world” that comes to work at Disney.

Guess I should get to the point. I’ve been following the posts here daily, and while this isn’t entirely “bias” in regards to Disney, there aren’t any threads about the crime rate within the apartments, as well as the room-mates itself. I guess, judging from what I heard, that it’s a very cut-throat environment, everyone is a dime-a-dozen (well, it’s like that any where you work), and it’s best to watch ones back at all times.

I guess you take the program for what it is. Some take it seriously, while others don’t. College is the same deal.

I myself am not worried at all – I am very career-minded, hence I am going into the career program. I am not new to the work/public world. So I am not at all worried. But I would like a better idea in regards to the “crime-rate” within the confines of the apartment.

Luckily, I am not an alcoh-ie, and even if I was – I am of legal age. So I am not worried about the temptation within. If I really wanted a drink, I’ll go to the bar. But I am worried about “other” room-mates. Like in high school, if you are caught in the bathroom the SAME TIME as somebody else that’s smoking at that VERY MOMENT, you are still in trouble. I hope this isn’t the case in regards to living in the apartments. Which makes me ponder if they organize apartments by PROGRAM or AGE, since while I am in the program that’s bellow CP, I am still 22!

I guess I inquire a better understanding, for I am days away from my start date.

Krozar

Similar deal with me. I want the resume and service industry experience. I was able to get a 1-BR and should have a roomie shortly. Was supposed to get one today but he never materialized. But I definitely would not put up with late-night loudness and any of the drug crap. I often have to get up at 3:45am to go to work which means I am going to bed at 8 and I don't want to be jarred awake.

Your best bet is Chatham. Vista has a reputation, everyone knows it, and that's why people who like to party will try and get Vista. Vista has the hot tubs as well.

Security is tight. Too damn tight for this rich-______ area. I have lived in ghetto apartments for a long time, so this level of security on I-4 in Tourist Mecca makes me laugh. It's not about keeping rapists and stuff out of the community as they try to claim. It's about Disney forcing Price Management to find people who are acting a fool and remove them from the program. That's why the security is there. Many enter the program because they think it will be fun central Florida party-time. Disney, like everyone else, knows what happens when college kids are in close quarters. They don't want that culture to enter into their flagship operation (WDW). Nor does Jose, the 45-yr-old Puerto Rican guy working in the MK tunnels to support his 4 kids want that crap in his workplace and company. People take this stuff seriously. Welcome to the real world. The party is over.

khelinski

Original Poster
Similar deal with me. I want the resume and service industry experience. I was able to get a 1-BR and should have a roomie shortly. Was supposed to get one today but he never materialized. But I definitely would not put up with late-night loudness and any of the drug crap. I often have to get up at 3:45am to go to work which means I am going to bed at 8 and I don't want to be jarred awake.

Your best bet is Chatham. Vista has a reputation, everyone knows it, and that's why people who like to party will try and get Vista. Vista has the hot tubs as well.

Security is tight. Too damn tight for this rich-______ area. I have lived in ghetto apartments for a long time, so this level of security on I-4 in Tourist Mecca makes me laugh. It's not about keeping rapists and stuff out of the community as they try to claim. It's about Disney forcing Price Management to find people who are acting a fool and remove them from the program. That's why the security is there. Many enter the program because they think it will be fun central Florida party-time. Disney, like everyone else, knows what happens when college kids are in close quarters. They don't want that culture to enter into their flagship operation (WDW). Nor does Jose, the 45-yr-old Puerto Rican guy working in the MK tunnels to support his 4 kids want that crap in his workplace and company. People take this stuff seriously. Welcome to the real world. The party is over.

Do you know if I will be able to get into Chatham through the CS program?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom