HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

No Name

To be honest, my local friends were extremely impressed with frozen ever after, so although it still is an admittedly lazily copied ride, I think it would fare well with the local audience and people who don’t know that it is a cloned ride
Frozen Ever After is a surprisingly good ride, and I think a lot of people would consider it the best non-thrill ride created in the US parks in the last 15 years. When imagineering’s batting average isn’t exactly perfect, I think it makes a ton of sense to build on something that already works.

WoundedDreamer

My first little edit from HKDL

I'm stunned. The last time I was meaningfully impressed by a Disney firework/fountain show was World of Color. As a homage to Walt Disney and Walt Disney Animation, World of Color remains one of the few projection shows where it felt the characters and stories used were actually suitable and earned.

This show is on par with that show in terms of story, themes, suitability for the setting, and vibe. The story is directly communicated in the opening song in a way that doesn't feel gross or overwhelming. That is partially due to the song-writing team nailing it.

Then what follows is a celebration of birth, growing up, finding love, optimism, facing setbacks and temptations, and finally moving on. The show is tasteful and upbeat. It's celebratory. The music is evocative of time passing. But the message of accepting it and celebrating is so sweet. As someone who is constantly disappointed by what Disney Parks' are producing in the 2020s, this is one of those rare moments where I have to step back and applaud them. Well done to the team behind this.

The choices in songs they used also were superb. And apart from a few quibbles (why on Earth would you do a cover of you'll be in my heart- you can't out Phil Collins Phil Collins!), the soundtrack was fantastic. This felt like songs chosen had meaning.

And the way they used the Paint the Night lighting package and fountains after the show ended was great. Almost like an encore. What a great vibe and use of technologies that aren't expensive to draw the moment out a little longer and celebrate with the people you care about.

I'm going to be totally honest and say that I didn't think Disney could make something like that anymore. I'm almost tempted to say they should just drag and drop this to the Magic Kingdom ASAP. This is the type of show that would resonate with people. I do hesitate to say that though for a few reasons. Magic Kingdom is the grand and regal park. HKDL and DL are the more intimate parks. The message and vibe of the show are honestly more suitable for parks of that setting. Argh.

Thank you for putting together that wonderful video, Martin. Trying to decide what to show and what not to show in a nighttime spectacular requires good taste. Your edits never once brought me out of the show. Well done.

Very impressive. Hong Kong, you should be proud!

SweetDuffy101

Is Hongkong Disneyland going to have a brand new daytime parade in 2024-25?

Attachments

• IMG_1367.jpeg
    IMG_1367.jpeg
    34.8 KB · Views: 117

TTA94

Is Hongkong Disneyland going to have a brand new daytime parade in 2024-25?

Wouldn’t surprise me if it includes floats from Dreaming Up. Salty they didn’t come to WDW lol, but typical.

But what about Paint The Night? That’s as mysterious as the US version lol. Or is both sets of PTN going to return in 2025 🤔 If so my suspicion is it will have to do with a soundtrack and intro update for both parades.

PiratesMansion

Wouldn’t surprise me if it includes floats from Dreaming Up. Salty they didn’t come to WDW lol, but typical.

But what about Paint The Night? That’s as mysterious as the US version lol. Or is both sets of PTN going to return in 2025 🤔 If so my suspicion is it will have to do with a soundtrack and intro update for both parades.
I mean, WDW did get a Tokyo float or two for Festival of Fantasy. It can be done!

Unlike DLR, HKDL ran PTN just fine until the park closed in 2020, so as long as they have the staffing to run multiple parades, I suspect it will be fine. That said, I can understand wanting to focus on a refreshed daytime parade if they're having any issues that preclude them from running two parades on the same day (staffing, etc). That daytime parade dates back to 2011 is ready for replacement IMO.

McMickeyWorld

I mean, WDW did get a Tokyo float or two for Festival of Fantasy. It can be done!

Unlike DLR, HKDL ran PTN just fine until the park closed in 2020, so as long as they have the staffing to run multiple parades, I suspect it will be fine. That said, I can understand wanting to focus on a refreshed daytime parade if they're having any issues that preclude them from running two parades on the same day (staffing, etc). That daytime parade dates back to 2011 is ready for replacement IMO.
A few weeks ago, I saw someone's comment on Twitter stating that none of the units had been sold, and they ended up being dismantled backstage in Tokyo. I can't confirm it, but if it's true, it's a real shame. I would have liked to have seen that level of quality in the Magic Kingdom

PiratesMansion

A few weeks ago, I saw someone's comment on Twitter stating that none of the units had been sold, and they ended up being dismantled backstage in Tokyo. I can't confirm it, but if it's true, it's a real shame. I would have liked to have seen that level of quality in the Magic Kingdom
Unfortunately, that's unlikely to happen unless attendance/profit drops off a significant amount AND Disney actually brings in someone who knows what they're doing to right the ship to fix the situation.

Something I don't trust will happen under the company's current leadership.

PymParty

Okay, let's revive this thread... What's next for HKDL ?
It seems that World of Frozen was a big success for the park, and some part of the expansion funds are still waiting to be spent.
Considering Disney's construction speed, there won't be any new rides opening at the park for the foreseeable future given that nothing has been announced for the park.
On the other hand, Shanghai has already announced that they are going to start working on a new attraction, weeks after the opening of Zootopia...

Supersnow84

I still think that HK is sorta stuck until DCA can figure out what they are doing with ~not~ quinjet

The next meeting of the park officials with the LegCo will be quite soon (potentially in the next month even going by when it was last year) they may be able to convince the money to be redistributed and get it going soon by abandoning quinjet but it’s unlikely they will get any more money until they can show that frozen had sustained positive impact on the park and not just a “flash in a pan” style thing

Gusey

The park is celebrating its 20th anniversary next year and is expected to get a new parade. In terms of new attractions, it seems to come down to whatever they decide to build on the old Autopia spot, whether it be Avengers or something else

Ismael Flores

I wish they had not cancelled the idea they had for the cool Avengers building.
With that said it really depends on the majority holders of the park.
Since Disney does not fully own the park the majority hokllder would have to approve and fund their portion if the investment .

Would be nice if they approved the secind gate and downtown disney area

Supersnow84

Nothing to do with quinjet is officially cancelled and the money remains sitting there to be used it’s just that was supposed to be a 2 way design split with DCA and Disney seems to hav abandoned that side entirely for Disneyland forward

When the meeting with LegCo comes around they will likely ask for LegCo to allow them to redistribute the funds somewhere else rather than asking for more money then they can spend that in the short term while they show that frozen has given the park a turning point so to speak

SweetDuffy101

Can somebody clarify this, There are rumors circulating on X(Twitter) that the Hk government declined to give Disney the remaining parcel for a second Gate, Instead will be utilized for housing within the region.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom