Hitchicking Gator

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Original Poster
I was wondering, why didn't WDW get a hitchhiking gator like DL and TDl. Instead of a really cool gator, all WDW got was the roadrunner :-(

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Anyone for popcorn?
Count me in
image.jpg

MerlinTheGoat

Pretty sure he's referring to a specific animatronic figure that is present at Splash Mountain at Disneyland but not present at WDW's. There are a lot of differences between the three versions of the ride. WDW's had enhancements of its own such as better rockwork and other scenery aspects, as well as some better AA's that are closer to the original Song of the South characters. Some of the Brer Rabbit figures don't look right at all at Disneyland, probably due to being hand-me-downs from the America Sings attraction.

EagleScout610

Premium Member
Original Poster
Pretty sure he's referring to a specific animatronic figure that is present at Splash Mountain at Disneyland but not present at WDW's. There are a lot of differences between the three versions of the ride. WDW's had enhancements of its own such as better rockwork and other scenery aspects, as well as some better AA's that are closer to the original Song of the South characters. Some of the Brer Rabbit figures don't look right at all at Disneyland, probably due to being hand-me-downs from the America Sings attraction.
Yes, the B'rer Roadrunner at WDW right before you find B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear looking in a hole, that's what I'm asking

EagleScout610

Premium Member
Original Poster
Might have to do with the fact that Disneyland's Splash was built in Critter Country, a land themed to the Old South, and where gators would be more prevalent. But since WDW's Splash was built in Frontierland, WDI may have tried to ease the transition by introducing a desert-native animal, like the roadrunner.

Just a guess.
Maybe, but Tokyo's is also in critter country, and they have both croc and roadrunner

JIMINYCR

When I read the title of this thread, I thought it was about players on a certain football team attempting to get out of town after that embarrassing loss.....

:D

I'm thinking .... Waiiit a minute....when did HM get a Hitchhiking gator. Did I miss something?? And how does that fit in with the 3 Hitchhiking ghosts???? Now whats Disney doing to screw up a good ride?????

258px-Hitchhikingghosts.jpg

TN_cute_alligator_cartoon_28a.jpg

Whew.... No hitchhiking gators.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
There are plenty of gators in Florida and they didn't want to scare any visitors by putting a gator in one of the best attractions in the Magic Kingdom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom