Hilton Head in Late March/Early April

Blueliner

Original Poster
Has anyone stayed at the Hilton Head resort in late March/early April? We are thinking about heading there for spring break, but I was wondering whether most of the resort activities are in full swing at that time and whether the weather is tolerable for hanging out at the beach (but not necessarily taking a plunge in the Atlantic). It looks like the average highs might be in the low to mid 70s and the average lows might be in the low to mid 50s.

epcotisbest

Has anyone stayed at the Hilton Head resort in late March/early April? We are thinking about heading there for spring break, but I was wondering whether most of the resort activities are in full swing at that time and whether the weather is tolerable for hanging out at the beach (but not necessarily taking a plunge in the Atlantic). It looks like the average highs might be in the low to mid 70s and the average lows might be in the low to mid 50s.
We went last December and it was cold. Only able to swim in the pool once, but used the hot tub almost daily. Plenty of activities and tours available too. Had a wonderful time despite the cold. I would imagine early April would be wonderful. I have a trip report on here:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/hilton-head-island-minimal-mickey-maximum-fun.880995/

Blueliner

Original Poster

DizneyPryncess

Spring can be hit or miss in Hilton Head. We went the last week of April for a wedding this year, and it was very hot. We used the pool & beach every day. Last year we went the first week of May and it was a wind/rain storm the entire time, with weather around 55-60 (locals told us this was a freak thing for May). And then a few years before that we went in March for Spring Break and it was pretty chilly. We only could go to the beach one day, and the rest of the week we wore jackets.

I would check your 10 day weather, and pack accordingly. Hilton Head is still fun, even if it's chilly. There's lots of shopping & restaurants. We love the nature hikes & walks too. I've seen the Disney resort pool up & running, with kids swimming, when I think it's freezing out, so you shouldn't have a problem with resort activities going on. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom