HHN 2024

celluloid

IMO they do this wrong. It should extend past Halloween and two weeks in November. Doing these houses in late August/early September is just disgusting because that's the time of year that you still get the summer heat but without the afternoon storms to cool things off.

The thing is Labor Day gets crowded day guests and visitors who are there and willing to go to HHN.

No coincidence that August 30th is start of Labor Day Weekend this year.

Andrew25

IMO they do this wrong. It should extend past Halloween and two weeks in November. Doing these houses in late August/early September is just disgusting because that's the time of year that you still get the summer heat but without the afternoon storms to cool things off.
Grinchmas starts 2-3 weeks after Halloween, so they need time to "transfer" the park over to the Holidays. Sure it's hot, but people are visiting in droves.

Also, once the official holiday is over, people are pretty much done with whatever that holiday is. They have no other way to go outside of expanding more into August. If HHN proves to continue being successful like last year, I'd prefer they run the event every night in October before adding more weekends to August.

The thing is Labor Day gets crowded day guests and visitors who are there and willing to go to HHN.

No coincidence that August 30th is start of Labor Day Weekend this year.
They've started on Labor Day the past two years now. So it's still the same duration as last year, they didn't really "extend" into August, it's just the way this year worked out.

celluloid

They've started on Labor Day the past two years now. So it's still the same duration as last year, they didn't really "extend" into August, it's just the way this year worked out.

This was my point. The thing that changed is how the calendar fell.

They have also extended into November's first weekend for years when the calander falls as such.

And as you stated, the transfer to the next Marquee Event(Macy's/Grinchmas) is the fastest turn around they have as it is. Rehersals and entertainment teams are already deep in it. And with Hurricane delays it gives they can only find so many days to make up like they have been able to do in the past.

Also. First Merch shirts are out already, and Unmasking the Tours start August 11nth this year. First time they have ever come this far before the event itself.

Rob562

Original Poster
GB
FN
CB
AGL
M Swt

There is a Scare Zone this year that is really going to be a WHaaa? to some.

I presume M Swt is Major Sweets from the NY Halloween Parade scare zone at HHN31. That was what I assumed the lollipop icon was referring to on the spec map.

-Rob

I'm brainstorming ideas. If it's non IP, I think it's likely we see a continuation of the recent Latin horror themed houses with Brazillian or Colombian tropical horror. If it is IP, I really can't think of any horror franchises that take place in the Tropical Americas. But hear me out... what if we finally see the return of a Jurassic Park house or scarezone? That would definitely be a real "WHAA?" moment.

celluloid

I'm brainstorming ideas. If it's non IP, I think it's likely we see a continuation of the recent Latin horror themed houses with Brazillian or Colombian tropical horror. If it is IP, I really can't think of any horror franchises that take place in the Tropical Americas. But hear me out... what if we finally see the return of a Jurassic Park house or scarezone? That would definitely be a real "WHAA?" moment.

Notice the rook.

And as for the first part. You certainly can.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom