Help this Camera Rookie!!!

Disneydreamer23

Original Poster
Hey every one, I am going down to Disney in 6 days!! I usually use a small little not so great camera , for black Friday My DH bought me a Fuji Film FinePix S with a 30x zoom. This is my daughters first trip. We are going for 2 weeks and I have a memory card for 3000 pictures and plan on using it up! Does any one have any shooting tips for....
1. Dark Rides?
2. Parades in the dark?
3. General shooting of moving characters/rides?
4. Shooting inside?

Any suggestions would help me thank you!!
camera.jpg

NowInc

Dark rides? Without flash (which you should never use inside a ride), you wont have a ton of luck. If you can adjust the ISO, bump it up to a higher setting.
Parades in the dark? Flash is ok. Everyone else will be using it :) As above, a higher ISO will yield you better results
General shooting? If you have a sports mode, use it. Faster speeds = less blur.
Shooting inside? Again, a higher ISO will work well. Flash is ok, as long as you aren't on a ride (to be courteous to those around you)

I don't know much about that particular camera, but it should do you fine for your normal shots. Don't really expect it to perform great in all situations.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Disney in 6 days - that gives you 5 evenings to practice, check out the results and wipe the memory card to start again. Get outside when its dark and experiment with a shot of street lamps or the outside of your house with the lights on - use flash, turn the flash off, see whats best.
Also when you're not using flash, crank up the ISO - too much and its too grainy, not enough and its too dark.

You instruction manual will give hints and tips for night shots.

I would completely avoid using the camera in Manual mode - stick to the pre set settings for best results

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom