Help please! Need Cruise Info!

Disneydreamer23

Original Poster
Hey every one! I am headed down to the world in Sept 2015 and I finally found a cruise I can afford with my 2 week vacation! I need some help!~ It Departs on a Friday at 4 pm, It will be hard for me to take Thursday off Since I already have 12 days off already. Do you think that is Do able? I am traveling from Chicago Its a 2 hour flight. Also what is the difference in having a room with a port hole VS a balcony?> Traveling with My self, DH, and DD 2 . Also do they have Magical Express to take you to the cruise then to your resort after? This might be the last chance for a while we are able to do a cruise so I am hoping this will all work out! Any help would be great Also is it like Disney you put 200.00 down then pay the rest at 45 days out?> I am thinking I would like to make monthly payments. Thank you every one!

stevehousse

As long as u get an early flight out of Chicago you will fine to make it there. Yes they have magical express from airport to cruise to resort but it's not free, you have to pay for it. In terms of a deposit, it's higher than the normal $200 deposit for the world. It's a percentage of your cruise depending on price I believe.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Hey every one! I am headed down to the world in Sept 2015 and I finally found a cruise I can afford with my 2 week vacation! I need some help!~ It Departs on a Friday at 4 pm, It will be hard for me to take Thursday off Since I already have 12 days off already. Do you think that is Do able? I am traveling from Chicago Its a 2 hour flight. Also what is the difference in having a room with a port hole VS a balcony?> Traveling with My self, DH, and DD 2 . Also do they have Magical Express to take you to the cruise then to your resort after? This might be the last chance for a while we are able to do a cruise so I am hoping this will all work out! Any help would be great Also is it like Disney you put 200.00 down then pay the rest at 45 days out?> I am thinking I would like to make monthly payments. Thank you every one!
Get the earliest flight into Orlando that you can. You'll want to be on MDE no later than 11a to noon Eastern (don't forget to account for the time zone change). It will take an hour to an hour and a half to get to the port, and you'll want to immediately start the boarding process.

Yes, they have MDE transport to and from MCO to Port Canaveral (assuming your cruise is going out of Port Canaveral, if it's not, then no, they don't have MDE transit out of Miami, if that's the departure port, only Port Canaveral). The MDE for the cruise costs money per person, it is not complimentary like the one for WDW.

However, at the end of your cruise, it will transport you from Port Canaveral to your WDW resort, and the cost is for both trips (not individual).

Balcony staterooms just give you a balcony (veranda). If that's not important to you, then you'll be fine with a port hole.

Last edited:

englanddg

One Little Spark...
As long as u get an early flight out of Chicago you will fine to make it there. Yes they have magical express from airport to cruise to resort but it's not free, you have to pay for it. In terms of a deposit, it's higher than the normal $200 deposit for the world. It's a percentage of your cruise depending on price I believe.
Yep, all this too! I think it's 1/4 of your cruise down, but I don't recall.

The cost for the Disney bus is $69 per person, round trip (to the port and back after your cruise). You can depart from MCO (in your case) or any Disney Resort, and it will take you back to MCO or any Disney Resort after your cruise.

They'll also handle your baggage automatically with the Disney DCL/MDE, which makes life easier when you get to check in at the port.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The times line up to where it is possible, but I would never cut times that close when an airline is involved. All it takes is one delay and you have missed your cruise. If you do elect to do it, get insurance and take the earliest flight you possibly can. (like go from work on Thursday to the airport early)

A port hole room has window that can not be opened. A room with a balcony has a balcony that you can go out on.

Disney does have transfers from the port to WDW and vice versa, but it is not free.

Payment for the cruise is nothing like Disney. The deposit is a percentage of the total and final payment is due around 75-90 days out if I am not mistaken. If you are inside that 90 day +/- window you will have to pay it in full. Also unlike WDW, if you miss the final payment it will automatically cancel.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
The times line up to where it is possible, but I would never cut times that close when an airline is involved. All it takes is one delay and you have missed your cruise. If you do elect to do it, get insurance and take the earliest flight you possibly can. (like go from work on Thursday to the airport early)

A port hole room has window that can not be opened. A room with a balcony has a balcony that you can go out on.

Disney does have transfers from the port to WDW and vice versa, but it is not free.

Payment for the cruise is nothing like Disney. The deposit is a percentage of the total and final payment is due around 75-90 days out if I am not mistaken. If you are inside that 90 day +/- window you will have to pay it in full. Also unlike WDW, if you miss the final payment it will automatically cancel.
I'd agree with this (cutting it close on the flights)...

A better idea would be to fly in Thurs night after work, and crash at one of the airport hotels. Either the one in the airport, or one that is nearby that has complimentary airport transportation to and from the hotel. Then take MDE to Canaveral from MCO the next morning.

That way if anything goes wrong with your flights, you have a nice window to play with.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'd agree with this (cutting it close on the flights)...

A better idea would be to fly in Thurs night after work, and crash at one of the airport hotels. Either the one in the airport, or one that is nearby that has complimentary airport transportation to and from the hotel. Then take MDE to Canaveral from MCO the next morning.

That way if anything goes wrong with your flights, you have a nice window to play with.
Exactly.

Back when I was a TA I would advise clients to arrive the day before a cruise when flying. I know a number of people that follow that advise and have had it save their bacon numerous times.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Exactly.

Back when I was a TA I would advise clients to arrive the day before a cruise when flying. I know a number of people that follow that advise and have had it save their bacon numerous times.
The other disadvantage of trying to do it same day from Chicago is the time zone change. Even a 6a flight out of Chicago, running on time, they wouldn't arrive until 9 eastern, best case...and probably wouldn't get unloaded and down to the MDE until 10a. While doable, that's still cutting it pretty darned close. If anything goes wrong (storms, Tarmac delays, delayed flights), you are just straight up out of luck.

Unlike arriving delayed for WDW, DCL actually has to depart on a rather strict schedule, and they follow it sternly.

MotherofaPrincessLover

I definitely suggest trying to fly in the night before. Would it be possible to leave work a little early if necessary? And as other have said, the Disney bus is $35 per person each way (probably your cheapest option). I believe the downpayment for my cruise was 20%.

Disneydreamer23

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for your input I would like to book with kingdom consultants can anyone give me a name that would work? Or an email thank you!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom