Help me save the Who Wants To Be A Millionaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelleygreg

Original Poster
This is actually an email from a friend of mine. See if you can help him out.

Hey Everyone!
This is a petition I guess you could say to help me save the Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? Play It! Attraction at Walt Disney World in Florida. For those of you who don't know what it is let me explain. Disney has put a lot of work into rrecreating the set from the show. Complete with lighting sounds cameras lifelines GREAT HOSTS!! You name it its all there! Well it is open for all ages to come in and every seat in the studio has a keypad which you use to play along on and if you are quick enough you could end up in the hot seat! I got into the hot seat 2 years ago and ended up leaving with 1,000 points and 5 pind and a hat! It is a top priority on my list to get back into the hot seat and win the Million! Not just for the cruise but just for the experience, seriously if they would let me play to the million and have a tape of it afterwards I would not take any prizes!! I just love the set lights and music so much!!..I mean where else can you do something like this without actually being on the show! and I won't be old enough for the show until after the attraction closes!! Anyway rumors and reports have it that the attractions last operating day will be on August 19th 2006!! That is not far away so we must act fast! Please help me if anyone knows anyone who works for disney or knows someone else who works for disney please help me get this to them... ESPECIALLY if they work for the attraction. My dream job is to be one of the hosts of the attraction as it is my favorite thing to do at Disney and I would make the whole 10 Hour drive there just to go to the attraction!!! Eventually I want to be the host of the TV version of the show. Even if I can't save the attraction I would love to be able to host it for ONE ENTIRE DAY!! thats all I'm asking I already know all of the dialogues for the show and how it works trust me I've been to more shows than probably anyone can count.. And I never get tired of it!! So please help me out guys... Please help me get this to someone in fact ANYONE working for disney who can arrange for me to be able to at least live out my dream of hosting the attraction for ONE DAY!! even if we cannot save it! I turn 18 on August 14th. Like I said I'm not asking for a free ride to come and host it I will gladly pay my way but once again just for one whole day!! Please help me out with this guys!! I heard you are only 3 people away from anyone you want to get to so lets test it! Send this to everyone you know and of anyone is contacted that works for either disney or the attraction PLEASE let me know!!! I really want my dreams of hosting the attraction to come true!! That is what I wanted my career to be!! In fact even if I am never able to host it I want to buy the hot seat monitors and chairs after the attraction closes to use at my own version of it that we perform at my high school in the theater. Just for fun. Of course I'm the host of this version! Anyway if you are willing to go with my cause please sign below with your name and e-mail my goal is at least 5,000 people!!
If you do sign it and forward it to anyone please also send a copy back to me everytime you send one to anyone else!! My contact info is Shane Meadow
shanemeadow88@yahoo.com Please subject it Millionaire? Play It! If you are a disney employee and want to contact me you can use my alternate e-mail mchslabaidsmeadow@yahoo.com Here I will be the first to sign and send a copy back to myself!! Please Help Me Out Guys!!!!!

CoffeeJedi

While i have no personal interest in the attraction, I don't watch the show, have never been in there, and would rather see a ride in that space, i will tell your friend this much:

Email petitions aren't worth the bits that they're printed on. Passing around an email and hoping that people send it back to you with names attached is a horrible idea, and simply SPAM. Along the way, it will inevitably wind up picking up a few viruses or trojans. Also, your writing style is very juvenile, to be taken seriously, you need to sound professional, use proper grammar and PARAGRAPHS. I guarantee that it will barely be glanced at if you forward it on to Disney, before being promptly deleted.

If you really want to save this attraction using the interent, i suggest creating a website, with a petition that people can add their REAL names too (email addresses are meaningless) and a form that will email the WDW guest relations people directly with people's personal requests. Essentially, encourage a letter writing campaign. However, i STILL don't think this will work anyway, WWTBAM simply isn't as popular as it was 5 years ago.

erasure fan1

I am sorry but I do think this attraction needs to go away for a ride of some sort. Its out lived its appeal I think.

jedimaster1227

CoffeeJedi said:
While i have no personal interest in the attraction, I don't watch the show, have never been in there, and would rather see a ride in that space, i will tell you this much:

Email petitions aren't worth the bits that they're printed on. Passing around an email and hoping that people send it back to you with names attached is a horrible idea, and simply SPAM. Along the way, it will inevitably wind up picking up a few viruses or trojans. Also, your writing style is very juvenile, to be taken seriously, you need to sound professional, use proper grammar and PARAGRAPHS. I guarantee that it will barely be glanced at if you forward it on to Disney, before being promptly deleted.

If you really want to save this attraction using the interent, i suggest creating a website, with a petition that people can add their REAL names too (email addresses are meaningless) and a form that will email the WDW guest relations people directly with people's personal requests. Essentially, encourage a letter writing campaign. However, i STILL don't think this will work anyway, WWTBAM simply isn't as popular as it was 5 years ago.

Very true in every aspect! I think before you begin to work this campaign/petition you need to map out what you already have and what you need.

1. Any connections within Disney-other than Cast Members
  2. Get a website to host your campaign (I used this method with the Dreamfinder Forever Campaign-not spamming just giving an example :lookaroun) Also, Grizz used D-Troops to host all of his campaigns-and most of them were successful-for a time.
  3. Preview your messages and check for errors
  4. Create a professional look for yourself and your campaign.
  5. Map out your goals and efforts that have worked and those that haven't.
  6. Contact Disney directly in a professional way
  7. IN NO WAY AT ALL DO YOU ATTACK DISNEY (on you site, in your campaign or in any other way). If you want Disney to listen, you need to let them know that you aren't a threat. Spread your message in a friendly and mannerly way. Do not bash or criticize Disney openly in any way because that is threatening.
  8. Find a large amount of supporters.
  9. Pray for your cause (If you are a religious person)
Personally, I think this campaign could have had potential if it was introduced about a year ago. I think you are a little bit too unorganized in a too late situation, but being someone that likes to believe in hope, I offer to help you get anything together that you need because I know what it is like to believe in a cause.

Good luck and keep believing! :wave:

PatsRule

No thanks. It was decent but the appeal has been gone for a long time. You used to have to get there early. Now you can walk right in.

PurpleDragon

This attraction has long outstayed its welcome and to hear it is leaving is welcome news for me. I also support the Toy Story attraction that is slated to replace it. Sorry.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Millionaire is a very dated attraction and it at the end of its life span. The only time it is packed is during SWW. During other times of the year they are out front begging people to come in. The space will be much better used for the rumored Midway Mania e-ticket attraction, something MGM definitely needs far more than the Millionaire attraction.

csaribay

I love Millionaire.

...but the attraction has lived its life. For better or worse, plans have been committed, and there isn't anything a chain letter or a petition is going to do to change that, particularly one that is as poorly designed and executed as the one above. It's too late, and the petition isn't good enough. Sorry.

MKCP 1985

I cannot support the e-mail petition. I am very much looking forward to what has been described as going in to replace Millionaire.

Sometimes, change = good. :)

BRER STITCH

GothMickey said:
I would sign a petition to close this thing NOW!!!!!

Bring on the Toy story ride...

AMEN!

I think the whole thing is a waste of space and time.

It would be one thing to actually FILM the darned thing there and make the "LIVE" audience part of the appeal.
As it is, it's just a glorified video game, and SOOOO wrong for MGM!

Buh-Bye MIllionaire!!!

:sohappy: :wave: :sohappy: :wave: :sohappy:

Not another "Save Disney's -insert attraction name here-" petition! :lol:

People tried to "save" Toad, tried to "save" Horizons, and tried to "save" 20,000. See a pattern here? None of them worked and this won't either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom