Help, Last minute availiblity!

Edgmiller

Original Poster
I am in the middle of closing a DVC. It has past the FROR and money was sent in yesterday. It looks like we will be closing mid to late May.

Here's my question. We would really like to go to Disney World sometime in June. If we close in the end of May, would there be availability at Saratoga Springs or similar resort in mid June for a week vacation? We will have points ready to go once we close.

Thoughts!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
They may have availability and they may not the summer is a very busy time at WDW.
Also this is just some extra info and you may already know, but you are aware being you are closing after the cut off for the new changes to resale purchases you will not get any DVC member benefits like the 10% merchandise discount, access to the club lounges, access to any special DVC events, discounts on AP's, etc etc.
Like I mentioned you probably already know but don't want you to be surprised that you will not get these benefits previously given to even resale buyers going forward.
And on a better note WELCOME HOME!! Congrats!! ;)

sxeensweet

June 13th - 17th in a studio is available.

Right now but that could be gone by the time they finish the closing at the end of May.
Hope they have something still available for them when they finally close. They should at least at SSR or Old Key West. :p

Minthorne

Even after you close it takes weeks for Disney to record your new points and issue your your membership number. Before that you can't book anything even though you have closed.

Edgmiller

Original Poster
They may have availability and they may not the summer is a very busy time at WDW.
Also this is just some extra info and you may already know, but you are aware being you are closing after the cut off for the new changes to resale purchases you will not get any DVC member benefits like the 10% merchandise discount, access to the club lounges, access to any special DVC events, discounts on AP's, etc etc.
Like I mentioned you probably already know but don't want you to be surprised that you will not get these benefits previously given to even resale buyers going forward.
And on a better note WELCOME HOME!! Congrats!! ;)
Yes I know about the changes in benefits. We actually beat the cut off by 3 days. I was kind of mad at first but Disney sent the letter saying you must past the right of first refusal by a certain date.

sxeensweet

Yes I know about the changes in benefits. We actually beat the cut off by 3 days. I was kind of mad at first but Disney sent the letter saying you must past the right of first refusal by a certain date.

Cool deal! We bought direct in 2013 at Kidani/AKV and love it! We always stayed in Deluxes or Deluxe villas before joining with the great room discounts they had before 2013 (like 40-45% off every trip) but with the rising costs of the rooms and resorts we love we decided DVC was right for us. Now we can stay for 2 weeks and with the rising costs we never could of stayed that long currently even if we would of rented points.
You will love it and hope you can take your first trip as a DVC member soon! When you do hope you have a wonderful trip home! :D

Seanual757

Not sure how it is re-sale but direct your points are available w/in 24 hours they were when we purchased VGF last year because we booked July 4th and October (this was end of March 2015).

We are signing our contract on Saturday for Polynesian before the price goes up we will have cards that day and points in our account the same day our sales person said.

sxeensweet

Not sure how it is re-sale but direct your points are available w/in 24 hours they were when we purchased VGF last year because we booked July 4th and October (this was end of March 2015).

We are signing our contract on Saturday for Polynesian before the price goes up we will have cards that day and points in our account the same day our sales person said.

Yep only direct you can use points right away. In fact when we bought direct at AKV in 2013 before we even did the paperwork the very day we started the process we were able to book a vacation. Didn't even have to wait to sign being we were doing it over the phone not in person. The very day we called we were able to book a trip with our 220 points. Then a few days later our papers arrived to sign and get notarized and then about 3 weeks later we officially closed. Easy peasy when buying direct.
Also the day we started and booked a trip there actually was no DVC rooms at Kidani available in the type we wanted a 2 bed villa Savannah view so they pulled from the cash inventory for us and worked their magic. They do this for first time direct buyers for your first trip if need be to make it happen. ;)

Seanual757

Yep only direct you can use points right away. In fact when we bought direct at AKV in 2013 before we even did the paperwork the very day we started the process we were able to book a vacation. Didn't even have to wait to sign being we were doing it over the phone not in person. The very day we called we were able to book a trip with our 220 points. Then a few days later our papers arrived to sign and get notarized and then about 3 weeks later we officially closed. Easy peasy when buying direct.
Also the day we started and booked a trip there actually was no DVC rooms at Kidani available in the type we wanted a 2 bed villa Savannah view so they pulled from the cash inventory for us and worked their magic. They do this for first time direct buyers for your first trip if need be to make it happen. ;)

Yep we booked on the web so that might have been why it took 24 hours or sooner. We will be taking our points and rolling them to next year we just wanted to get the lower price plus the 2015 points on top of that as a bonus.

sxeensweet

Yep we booked on the web so that might have been why it took 24 hours or sooner. We will be taking our points and rolling them to next year we just wanted to get the lower price plus the 2015 points on top of that as a bonus.

Totally understand getting in before the increase. That's Awesome! Congrats on more points!!
We would of loved to buy more points at VGF before they sold out (we have stayed there and loved it it's our 2nd fave to Kidani) , but due to financial reasons we couldn't take on anymore extra expenses. So I'm happy with our one contract and blessed we at least have that one. Lol :D

slappy magoo

I am in the middle of closing a DVC. It has past the FROR and money was sent in yesterday. It looks like we will be closing mid to late May.

Here's my question. We would really like to go to Disney World sometime in June. If we close in the end of May, would there be availability at Saratoga Springs or similar resort in mid June for a week vacation? We will have points ready to go once we close.

Thoughts!
I've never bought resale, so I don't know if this is possible.
Could the person whose points you're buying book a room for you and list you as the guests who will be using the points during that stay? Or if a sale is in process, are the rights of the owner to use the points put on hold?

If not, another potential option would be for you to rent some other DVC member's points for the trip. Then when you get your membership, rent those out yourself. You could wind up being out a couple of bucks (especially if you use a rental service that does all the work for you; you'd have to pay ful rental price to get the trip, but give them a commission (probably 3 or 4 dollars a point) when you rent yours, but you'd have your trip.

Seanual757

Totally understand getting in before the increase. That's Awesome! Congrats on more points!!
We would of loved to buy more points at VGF before they sold out (we have stayed there and loved it it's our 2nd fave to Kidani) , but due to financial reasons we couldn't take on anymore extra expenses. So I'm happy with our one contract and blessed we at least have that one. Lol :D
Thanks we had not planned on it this year but it was a good one so we opted to jump on it this year and not wait until next year.

Minthorne

I've never bought resale, so I don't know if this is possible.
Could the person whose points you're buying book a room for you and list you as the guests who will be using the points during that stay? Or if a sale is in process, are the rights of the owner to use the points put on hold?

If not, another potential option would be for you to rent some other DVC member's points for the trip. Then when you get your membership, rent those out yourself. You could wind up being out a couple of bucks (especially if you use a rental service that does all the work for you; you'd have to pay ful rental price to get the trip, but give them a commission (probably 3 or 4 dollars a point) when you rent yours, but you'd have your trip.

Option 1 of the seller booking the trip for the buyer is not possible. When selling the contract there can be no outstanding reservations at closing.

Edgmiller

Original Poster
OK, we closed on our AKV vacation club on May 12th. We have been anxiously waiting for our membership Card/Number from Disney to begin making reservations. On May 26th we received a package from Disney with a DVC magnet decals, a current points book and a sheet that says "sample" product understanding checklist. I turned the package upside down and checked all the pages of the catalog (I guess you can't tell I am excited!!!!) and no card/number. I had not heard anyone mention of this separate pack being sent. I was actually wondering if they left out the all important membership card and number. Thoughts?

Seanual757

OK, we closed on our AKV vacation club on May 12th. We have been anxiously waiting for our membership Card/Number from Disney to begin making reservations. On May 26th we received a package from Disney with a DVC magnet decals, a current points book and a sheet that says "sample" product understanding checklist. I turned the package upside down and checked all the pages of the catalog (I guess you can't tell I am excited!!!!) and no card/number. I had not heard anyone mention of this separate pack being sent. I was actually wondering if they left out the all important membership card and number. Thoughts?

It is my understanding you do not get a membership card buying retail with the new rules. Only buying direct will you get a membership card since the cards allow you to get discounts and to be used to get access to the top of the world lounge.

Edgmiller

Original Poster
It is my understanding you do not get a membership card buying retail with the new rules. Only buying direct will you get a membership card since the cards allow you to get discounts and to be used to get access to the top of the world lounge.
Per our ROFR date we missed the cut off by 3 days and should still get the card per the letter I received from Disney.

Seanual757

We purchased direct last month and they told us it will take a month to get our membership card.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom