HELP, HELP, HELP, me convince my wife...

petersenjp

As I tell my wife....What do we work for??? We work to enjoy and have fun in life....Make a better life for us...And what does that mean...Disney!!!! Ok, a few other things, but Disney makes it all worth while!

LordHelmut

Disney Visa has 0% financing.... I think...

Free dining, 0% financing....

You can *always* make a reservation, generally you have a time period in which to cancel w/full refund.

Try this for size. Use Disney Visa to make reservation (deposit about 200$). It will be interest deferred.

The package arrives with the details of your 'trip' in a week (or less)

Discuss it. If it doesn't work, cancel. You get your $ back, only thing you've wasted is time (well, you'll most likely be agitated too... but that's another post)

Good Luck.

EpcoTim

Have they issued the editct in your company that it is called S A P - saying each letter, as opposed to SAP, as in "which sap screwed this up now" :)

It was a long, tough, road, but I will say, in the end, these systems do provide for a lot of visibility and reporting.

-dave
Be grateful for SAP. It was so much better than its alternatives. Last company I was at ran MAS 200. And when we went national we upgraded to MAS 500. BEST software didn't even know how to do the conversion and hundreds of clients left after their accounts were sent to ruin by the software.

tirian

Free dining, 0% financing....

You can *always* make a reservation, generally you have a time period in which to cancel w/full refund.

Try this for size. Use Disney Visa to make reservation (deposit about 200$). It will be interest deferred.

The package arrives with the details of your 'trip' in a week (or less)

Discuss it. If it doesn't work, cancel. You get your $ back, only thing you've wasted is time (well, you'll most likely be agitated too... but that's another post)

Good Luck.

Yep, that's what I was going to say. Book a Free Dining Promotion in a Value resort and show her how much money you're saving, especially when combined with the airline voucher. Hype the whole thing as a much-needed romantic getaway and give her some body lotion so that she gets the picture. ;)

If you legitimately can't afford it, use the airline tickets to go somewhere else, then return to WDW after Space Mt. has reopened.

bjlc57

Original Poster
what an awful thing to say...

Go yourself .... :lol:

here I am trying to make sure that my wife can get some blow off time, having dealt with People soft for close to a year, and you suggest going alone.

are you married? are you planing on staying married? Do you really care about your wife? because I do.. 30 years of marriage.

I have a bunch of all around concerns.. its the money, time of year, heat, and her knees.. and her sanity. plus, I want to make sure that we can pay for this.

but the last thing EVER, would be go alone.. that's not part of any equation in my marriage. NEVER. I would never go again, if my wife could not be a part of it.... SHE IS MY BEST FRIEND. and the love of my life..

WTBAD

Mrs. bjlc57,

We live on the Miss gulf coast. Hurricane Katrina wnet right thru Waveland & totally destroyed just about the entire town.. Our house had 8 feet of water in it. We had plans to go to WDW that Dec before the strom hit. But now we wore living in a 26 ft camper trailer provided by the company where I worked. We didn't know if we would be able to rebuild our house. Insurance companies weren't settling claims very fast. I told my wife & kids I was going to cancel our trip. My wife convinced me we needed to get awat from the coast, see trees again. So we went on our trip. It was a very relaxing & one of the most enjoyable trips to WDW we've ever had. It was just what we needed to "recharge the batteries" and get back to work rebuilding our house.

Go away with your husband. Relax and enjoy yourself. There are alot of new wonder at the World.

Have fun.

Luige11

here I am trying to make sure that my wife can get some blow off time, having dealt with People soft for close to a year, and you suggest going alone.

are you married? are you planing on staying married? Do you really care about your wife? because I do.. 30 years of marriage.

I have a bunch of all around concerns.. its the money, time of year, heat, and her knees.. and her sanity. plus, I want to make sure that we can pay for this.

but the last thing EVER, would be go alone.. that's not part of any equation in my marriage. NEVER. I would never go again, if my wife could not be a part of it.... SHE IS MY BEST FRIEND. and the love of my life..
It was a joke. I was only kidding. Im not married either. I understand that you love your wife and you want to go with her. Im sorry if I made you angry. :cry:

bjlc57

Original Poster
I forgive you..

it would have been better had you said that it was a joke.. but I forgive you.

I come from an area, and are on various forums where guys don't always put their wives and families first.. I do.. I hear lots of times.. hey just go with out the "$(*%*%"... for fishing and what not..

But that's not me or my wife.. She has stood by me for a real tough stretch a couple of times in our marriage. She deserves the best.. at least the best that I can give her.. She really does. She is as good of a wife and mother as you can find.. is she perfect, No.. but she is really something special.

This may be one of our last trips to WDW.. why? because she wants to see other places. and she deserves to see them. She wants to see the Grand Canyon.. I think that we are planning to go to Las Vegas next year to take this in.. ( its like a 4 hour drive to the canyon).. and she has developed some bad knees from working and standing on concrete without padding, for years at a former job. so her mobility is limited. She walks and everything.. but sometime her knee gets out of place. so that's a concern.. Do I want to put her through WDW.. in the past She WAS THE SARGE.. Get up, get going, go here, go there.. GO NOW... I don't know if she can take that now..

Last year we went to Muir Woods.. and while its a big, big woods.. she could only go into part of it.. Now we went where she wanted and needed to go. Don't get me wrong.. But I would bet that she may have done well over double what she saw..

I would like us to be able to broaden our horizon's.. I would like a day on the beach.. if we go in the summer.. either side of ocean would be fine.. BUT, I wanted to take her to Tarpon Springs.. So I prefer the Gulf side..

and for me, I really would like to go to Silver Springs..

and just don't know what is all possible.. what's the best deal.. and what the bottom line will be..

and again

thank you ALL FOR YOUR CONCERN AND FOR YOUR INPUT.

bjlc57

Original Poster
okay kids we are going in...

Well I had some time on my hands today.. and here is what I came up with..

$218 air fare from my home town to Orlando.. so times two... 436..

BUT, here is the big butt..

MINUS $300..

that's right kids.. its my big bite... $136 plus taxes ROUND TRIP ORLANDO TO MY HOUSE... I can't drive to Milwaukee for that price..

So I am going in for the big try tonight..

Wish me luck..

kstella

Well I had some time on my hands today.. and here is what I came up with..

$218 air fare from my home town to Orlando.. so times two... 436..

BUT, here is the big butt..

MINUS $300..

that's right kids.. its my big bite... $136 plus taxes ROUND TRIP ORLANDO TO MY HOUSE... I can't drive to Milwaukee for that price..

So I am going in for the big try tonight..

Wish me luck..

$136 from LaCrosse to Orlando? Wow. Maybe I should check and see if there are any deals out of Milwaukee!

Good luck!

bjlc57

Original Poster
we are still in negotiations... am sending this to her NOW...

We are still talking and its still up in the air.. so I am sending her this thread NOW..

but any new comments would really, really help..

thanks for your great words so far...

trr1

We are still talking and its still up in the air.. so I am sending her this thread NOW..

but any new comments would really, really help..

thanks for your great words so far...

send for the new vacation planning video then when you get them
get some flowers and some wine or champain watch the video
giver her some afternoon delight then get her drunk so that she will say
yes!!!!:drevil:

Boray

Life is way too short!!! Go and have fun, go to your happy place!!! That is how I convince my husband that we HAVE to go to WDW every year...so far, it's worked...

Good luck!!! :p

figgyfan

Book the trip, surprise her with it, and be prepared to shoot down any of her arguments against going. You convinced me.....now I need to go work on my husband.

bjlc57

Original Poster
we spent the weekend..

we spent the whole weekend talking and calling Disney and what not.. We called at least three times from Friday on..

We can go during the last week of September. ( which is also hurricane season).

we can get the "free dining plan" if we stay on base.. however, it doesn't seem to allow for spontaneity. Meaning we "were encouraged " to reserve a restaurant NOW.. instead of saying, Hey, lets eat here or there, on that day.

and there is the hotel cost factor. We can get a really nice room for $40-50 a night off base. well that's $125 a night cheaper then a moderate resort. or the resort that they were selling us on. that's a lot of beans.

plus We can buy tickets cheaper from Undercover tourist then what Disney is offering.

but if we stay off base, we would need to rent a car.. Which, in the past was next to nothing, well not anymore.. WHOLEY MOLEY... $225 a week for some ultra sub compact? basically a coffee can with wheels.. and it still says maxwell house on the doors..

so who has used the "free dining plan". is it worth it? Tell me more. I need real answers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom