Help for 1st visit to HKDL in Dec

Greenkai3000

Original Poster
Hello,

can anyone please tell me if there's a calendar of any, and all refurbishments happening this year at HKDL? We are thinking about visiting in December.

Also any advise for 1st time visitors would be helpful. Ideally for a one day visit

HKDL is notoriously slow in releasing its refurbishment schedule. Only expect a two-month notice, and even then I've seen things added only weeks before a visit.

For advice, I think it depends on whether you're traveling with only an SO or with kids. In general, there's very little fastpass in the park, and you'll actually need it for Pooh because there are so few dark rides in the park. Pooh can get an hour stand-by line. For food, I like the Explorers' Club counter service next to Mystic Manor. Decent price for decent food, and the theming is nice. Skip the river boats to Tarzan's island, it's a waste of time as there's no play area like Tom Sawyer's Island. Some visitors like the JC at HKDL a lot, but I thought it was a huge disappointment. It was dull and and skipper spiel was ridiculous ("oh, look at the hippos...."). Grizzly roller coaster and Mystic Manor are the highlights and you'll do them multiple times while enjoying the theming of the lands they are within. The Mickey storybook show is good, and better than the one at DL. It's a nice park, but a lot of it was copied (sometimes at a lower grade) from DL. It will be fun for a one day visit.

GiveMeTheMusic

Hello,

can anyone please tell me if there's a calendar of any, and all refurbishments happening this year at HKDL? We are thinking about visiting in December.

Also any advise for 1st time visitors would be helpful. Ideally for a one day visit

Show up at opening. Even on higher attendance days (weekends/holidays) the crowd trickles in. Iron Man Experience, Mystic Manor, Grizzly Mine Cars are all unique to HK and must-dos. Do Mystic Manor early so you can come back later and do it again.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom