Help! Employment question

Heathermary

Original Poster
I had an interview yesterday. I *think* I got the job. They told me to be able available for Traditions next week and start the following week and to expect a call in a couple of days. I didn't realize until I left I would be giving me employer a week notice. I'm obviously not going to quit till I have the offer in hand and was hoping the background check run. What would I do try to contact them or wait it out? Does anyone have a contact number?

AVGuy

I'll try to take a stab at this because your post is a little confusing. "Traditions" IS your start date, so having traditions then "starting" a week later doesn't really make sense. Did you sign paperwork for the background check? That is typically done during on-boarding which is typically a week before your Traditions date. If you're going through on-boarding, you've already been offered (and accepted) the job.

Perhaps you can share a little more detail about the type of job? Part time or full time? What type of work? That might help some of us whom are familiar with the process help you out a little.

Heathermary

Original Poster
The job is full time for DRC. I have not started on boarding yet or signed anything for a background check yet. They gave me a date for traditions on the 22nd. This was all verbally, I have nothing on paper. I thought that was really fast to do a background check and everything. That's why I was thinking I should reach out to someone but have no idea who? Sorry for being confusing! I'm really confused right now!

I'll try to take a stab at this because your post is a little confusing. "Traditions" IS your start date, so having traditions then "starting" a week later doesn't really make sense. Did you sign paperwork for the background check? That is typically done during on-boarding which is typically a week before your Traditions date. If you're going through on-boarding, you've already been offered (and accepted) the job.

Perhaps you can share a little more detail about the type of job? Part time or full time? What type of work? That might help some of us whom are familiar with the process help you out a little.

AVGuy

Gotcha. I imagine that DRC is a little different than jobs within the parks, so my experience may be of little help. It never hurts to reach out and call someone. When I needed to talk to someone during my recruitment, and I wasn't able to directly contact my recruiter, I called the generic casting number and kept trying options until I got to a real person.

The recruitment process can be frustrating at times but with a company as large as TWDC, it's very difficult to communicate to everyone in a timely manner in the way that the candidate would like to be communicated.

My advice: Be patient, don't quit your other job yet, and relax (as difficult as that is). They can change your traditions date if you need to give your employer two weeks. That's not unreasonable. I'm aware of circumstances where traditions was put off for months due to a variety of legitimate reasons.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom