1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Help booking reservation

Discussion in 'WDW with Kids' started by RACHAEL PEMBERTON, May 9, 2017.

1. RACHAEL PEMBERTON

RACHAEL PEMBERTON New Member

Hi there, I am from the U.K and looking at staying at a Disney Resort with a dining plan. My query is we are travelling on 6th August and leave on 13th, my daughter will be 3 on 12 Aug. I have been informed by Disney that she does not require a ticket even though she turns 3 before we leave and she can't participate in the dining plan, which is fine. However when I go to make my reservation it asks for her age on return, hence charging for a ticket for full duration and the dining plan. Is there a genuine way around this as it seem unfair to pay for the whole duration when I have been informed a ticket is not required and the dining plan would be for a day.

Thank you.

2. Jess G

Jess G Well-Known Member

I think you may get better help by posting this in the "trip planning" forum. Maybe @wdwmagic can help you out.

3. KrzyKtty

KrzyKtty Well-Known Member

I think your best bet would be to book your vacation through the phone rather than online. If the travel agent told you that, they should be able to help you, but online can only handle so many parameters.

4. DisneyJoe

DisneyJoe Well-Known Member

Does it ask for her age at the beginning of the trip and at the end? In the US, you give the child's age at the time of travel only, meaning the start of the trip. If you use age 2, you should be fine.

5. jaklgreen

jaklgreen Well-Known Member

Just put in that she is 2. Disney has always stated that if the child is 2 at the beginning of the trip then that is what they stick with. They do not make you buy a ticket for a few days just because the child has a birthday.

Weather_Lady likes this.
  6. helenabear

helenabear Well-Known Member

Just use 2 then for her age. Disney policy states that if 2 at the beginning they are viewed as 2 the whole time,

7. TDGMedley

TDGMedley Active Member

We are doing the same thing our daughter will turn 3 at the end of our trip. Use age 2. And no where you go will they make you show their age. I asked last year when we went went at sons birthday. and The dinning plan she can eat off any buffet at no charge for your trip. You will only have to buy there food if you choose to get them there own plate. But when you make reservation even though they under the age you have to still count them at the table.

I would not buy the dinning plan you a day. They will not eat that much, and they are still free.