Help A CBR newbie

mguimond1990

Original Poster
So the long version of my story is that we booked a trip to fort wilderness for sept 2015, but then I started freaking out that when I went last september it rained every day and I was afraid it would put a damper on tenting (and Im a big sissy when it comes to snakes. So the outdoors probably wasnt my thing). So then I was browsing around these forums and saw the renovated rooms at CBR. I think they are awesome, I love the new look. So I called today to modify my reservation for week at CBR. My questions are 1) Is it possible to request a certain area and room and what are peoples favorite rooms. I wouldnt even know where to being on the "good" rooms. and 2) The very nice lady I talked to on the phone today mentioned something about how it might be a good idea to call back in a few months to maybe take advantage of free dining or "other special offers". Is that something that can be done and worthwhile or is there some sort of upcharge or fee since I booked over a year in advance? Thanks for all the help in advance :)

TheMouseFan

So the long version of my story is that we booked a trip to fort wilderness for sept 2015, but then I started freaking out that when I went last september it rained every day and I was afraid it would put a damper on tenting (and Im a big sissy when it comes to snakes. So the outdoors probably wasnt my thing). So then I was browsing around these forums and saw the renovated rooms at CBR. I think they are awesome, I love the new look. So I called today to modify my reservation for week at CBR. My questions are 1) Is it possible to request a certain area and room and what are peoples favorite rooms. I wouldnt even know where to being on the "good" rooms. and 2) The very nice lady I talked to on the phone today mentioned something about how it might be a good idea to call back in a few months to maybe take advantage of free dining or "other special offers". Is that something that can be done and worthwhile or is there some sort of upcharge or fee since I booked over a year in advance? Thanks for all the help in advance :)
You can request a certain area. I would ask for Jamaica near the footbridge. That way you can just walk across the bridge and be at the food court and the pool. Aruba also has rooms near the bridge.

Just keep an eye out for any discounts/promotions that occur between now and your trip. There is no charge up until 45 days to change your reservation. It just won't happen automatically, you have to call and request it. You can still have adjustments made inside of 45 days, but you will be subject to a $50 (I think) change fee.

We love CBR and I love the way the new rooms look. I'm also excited that they have rooms that sleep 5 now. My husband and I honeymooned at CBR, and were bummed that we could never stay there now because we have three kids. Next trip may have to be at CBR!! Have a great trip!

slappy magoo

Just remember requesting a specific room or section isn't a guarantee unless it's a wide encompassing category "water view" vs "standard view for example. And even then beware, you could be at a resort near a lake, request water view and get a pool view because hey, what's in the pool?

If you pick up the Unofficial Guide to WDW, not only is there lots of good advice for the parks and restaurants, they break down exactly what are the best rooms or areas to request at any resort.

JillC LI

I agree with the above poster, Jamaica or Aruba near the footbridge are best - and they are not even considered Preferred. They are a quick walk to the food court and main pools with a lovely view of the whole resort from the bridge. We love CBR for its authentic Caribbean feel, with the beaches and hammocks and steel drum music. I cannot recall which rooms have already received the upgrade from double to queen beds though. Check other threads.

TheMouseFan

I agree with the above poster, Jamaica or Aruba near the footbridge are best - and they are not even considered Preferred. They are a quick walk to the food court and main pools with a lovely view of the whole resort from the bridge. We love CBR for its authentic Caribbean feel, with the beaches and hammocks and steel drum music. I cannot recall which rooms have already received the upgrade from double to queen beds though. Check other threads.
I believe it is Jamaica that has received the renovations and they may have already started on Aruba.

Wags14

You can request a certain area. I would ask for Jamaica near the footbridge. That way you can just walk across the bridge and be at the food court and the pool. Aruba also has rooms near the bridge.

Just keep an eye out for any discounts/promotions that occur between now and your trip. There is no charge up until 45 days to change your reservation. It just won't happen automatically, you have to call and request it. You can still have adjustments made inside of 45 days, but you will be subject to a $50 (I think) change fee.

We love CBR and I love the way the new rooms look. I'm also excited that they have rooms that sleep 5 now. My husband and I honeymooned at CBR, and were bummed that we could never stay there now because we have three kids. Next trip may have to be at CBR!! Have a great trip!

This covers it.

+100

Jamaica and Aruba were done with room renovations as of the end of July. After that not sure what areas were renovated after.

mblondie0509

So far the entire Village of Jamaica has been completed and housing guests. They have now started on Aruba 51, 52, and 53. Aruba 51 is 90% completed and once it is completed, they will begin on Aruba 54. Logically, that would mean that Barbados will be next followed by Martinique and then Trinidad North.

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
Thanks for the construction update! We are CBR fans. We always stay in a preferred room at Martinique. Sounds like they may not be to us by next year when we go (late May/ early June.)

mblondie0509

Thanks for the construction update! We are CBR fans. We always stay in a preferred room at Martinique. Sounds like they may not be to us by next year when we go (late May/ early June.)

I've heard it is taking 11 days from start to finish per room. The current construction permit is valid until May 2015.

PolynesianPrincess

We stayed in Martinique 23 which is one of the closest buildings to Old Port Royale as you can get without paying for a preferred room. We were just a short walk to OPR and the bus stop was super close as well. We requested a corner room which gives you asecond window, which I like, as it lets more natural light in. Also, Martinique was the second stop on the bus loop so that means we always had a seat going to the parks and were the second ones off coming back from the parks. It was nice.

I have seen pics of the new rooms as well and I must say that while I like the new doors that seperate the bathroom area and the sleeping area, Im not a huge fan of them. They look very..... plain. While I didn't exactly LOVE the Nemo theme, I loved the bright colors.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom