height

giggle33

Original Poster
Hi all im new to this so i just had my audition to be a character performer at disneyworld and Im wondering how much height plays a factor in the decision to be picked everywhere I looks people keep saying height I was measured at 6 3 and a half and I was the tallest at my audition and on the website it saysa they take special consideration for people who are 6 foot to 6 3 and other various heights and Im wondering what this means cause i didnt get called back to dance cause Ill admit it not the greatest dancer but I feel like my audition went ok and for people who dont get called back to dance Im wondering how much your chances are of getting into the program thanks for anyone who can help

giggle33

Original Poster
and im really curious to know what happens to the people who dont get called back to dance does that mean we are out of the running cause I have friends who neer got called back to dance and made it into the program Im hearing so many things and Im so confused I just want some answers cause Ive been freaking

giggle33

Original Poster
well im 6 3 and a half is that a good thing and do alot of people make it who dont get callbacks how many people does the program usually pick i auditioned for disneyworld

joanna71985

It can be (like the website says, special consideration is given to people who are under 5'0, and over 6'0).

As for the second question, character performer is a very limited role on the CP. Out of everyone accepted, only about 200 or so are performers.

I was never called into a dance audition but was still given a character role. A lot of character performers rarely end up doing any real dancing so if they like your height and your animation, you still have a good chance, it's just that when they see someone with dance ability they consider them for more than just the standard character roles, they're more likely to be parade and show performers in addition to doing the usual meet and greets.
That being said, I don't know if you're male or female, if you're female you're taller than the height range for most dancing roles which means they wouldn't really need to bother with the more intense dance audition for you.

Sweetums

Height worked out GREAT for me!

I'm 6'5" and totally stunk up the dance part of the audition but got the job anyway. :sohappy:

Worked at Disney/MGM (as we called it back in those days) '92 - '94.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom