Headed back to DLR!

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
Original Poster
I cancelled our spring WDW trip and we are booked to go back to DLR next year. We are going the end of May and into early June. The charm of the park, dysfunction of WDW, and a possibility of experiencing some of the 60th Anniversary celebration is all it took to get me back. Even if the anniversary activities don't kick off before the anniversary, I expect the park will be in pristine shape prior to the actual anniversary. I'm really considering upgrading to an AP when we are out there this time. We are staying at the Fairfield Inn this time. I don't forsee getting the "bubble" effect from staying on-site at DLR like I do at WDW. With the cost savings, we will stay across the street. I'll be keeping an eye on the 60th Anniversary thread. I'm really hoping we get to experience some of the shows/ parades, etc.. that are being brought about for the anniversary.

OSUgirl77

I'm hoping to plan a trip there for around the same time. I haven't been since the 50th! Fairfield Inn is perfect, so easy to get to the parks. You're going to have a blast!

TP2000

I cancelled our spring WDW trip and we are booked to go back to DLR next year. We are going the end of May and into early June. The charm of the park, dysfunction of WDW, and a possibility of experiencing some of the 60th Anniversary celebration is all it took to get me back.

Sounds like a great plan! And that's a good time of year to do it, before the bigger summer crowds arrive. Now all you have to do is amend the destination on your countdown clock! :D

As far as the "bubble" goes, I've had family stay at the Fairfield Inn. And I've also had family stay at the Grand Californian or Disneyland Hotel. There are merits to both actually. I think you'll enjoy the Fairfield more than you might expect. Mimi's Café nearby is a fantastic option for any family meal, but avoid "Millie's" right in front of the Fairfield as it's more of a greasy spoon coffee shop. Mimi's 25 yards further up the sidewalk, not Millie's.

There's also a McDonalds next door for quick food, but beware as the breakfast hour at that location can be hugely crowded as everyone heads out to the parks. You'll find a Coldstone Creamery at the Harbor Blvd. crosswalk over to Disneyland for evening treats.

And if you want to get inside the bubble, just cross over Harbor Blvd. after a five minute walk down the sidewalk and you are there. Downtown Disney and all that it offers is about a 10 minute walk from the Fairfield. Plus there's a couple theme parks there, too.

If you get a room on the west side of the building, your Fairfield view can be pretty satisfactory.

The Matterhorn! To the left you'd see Space Mountain, Tower of Terror, and the Cadillac Range.
fairfield-inn-anaheim.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom