HEA

JS514

Of course, this will depend on specific crowds, but we have seen HEA twice since it started. Both on Saturday nights, which is obviously a typically busy night. We had 6:40 Chef Mickey's the first night and was in the Hub by 8:30 and got a great spot (still pushing it though and probably got lucky). The second time, we had a Crystal Palace at 7:00, and was out waiting for the show by 8:15 and got another good spot in the Hub. I know some people wait out there for several hours, and we would never be ones to cut in front at the last second, but we found that if you are out there around 8:15, there are several great spots still open.

All that said, I think either one would be fine. Chef Mickey's would be the riskiest just because it isn't inside the park and you never really know what kind of people/monorail/bus traffic you will have to deal with getting in. I've never eaten CRT for dinner, so I'm not sure how long it typically takes, but regardless, you literally are right there and can just walk out to the Hub and find a good spot.

PS - was walking to the bus one night during HEA and was about half of the way down Main and the viewing was still good. I personally prefer the Hub for this show, but Main is still great if you can't find a spot.

Twoprincesses116

Original Poster
Of course, this will depend on specific crowds, but we have seen HEA twice since it started. Both on Saturday nights, which is obviously a typically busy night. We had 6:40 Chef Mickey's the first night and was in the Hub by 8:30 and got a great spot (still pushing it though and probably got lucky). The second time, we had a Crystal Palace at 7:00, and was out waiting for the show by 8:15 and got another good spot in the Hub. I know some people wait out there for several hours, and we would never be ones to cut in front at the last second, but we found that if you are out there around 8:15, there are several great spots still open.

All that said, I think either one would be fine. Chef Mickey's would be the riskiest just because it isn't inside the park and you never really know what kind of people/monorail/bus traffic you will have to deal with getting in. I've never eaten CRT for dinner, so I'm not sure how long it typically takes, but regardless, you literally are right there and can just walk out to the Hub and find a good spot.

PS - was walking to the bus one night during HEA and was about half of the way down Main and the viewing was still good. I personally prefer the Hub for this show, but Main is still great if you can't find a spot.

Thank you so much! Very helpful!!

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I dunno... I think CRT might be cutting it VERY close... your reservation may be at 7:25, but based on experience, I doubt you will actually get seated that early. First you get your photo with Cinderella, then you wait some more in the lobby area, then they take you up to your seat, and when you get up there, everything seems rather "timed" as they introduce all of the princesses in set intervals and then have sort of a "ceremony" at the end. I'm not sure how much flexibility you might have in rushing things and getting out of there faster, but I think best case, you don't get out of there until 8:40/8:45 and when you do leave, you are at the back of the castle and I don't think you would be able to leave out the front of the castle at that point because they would have it blocked off. So, you would need to get around the castle through likely very crowded walkways to make your way to the front enough to see in 10-15 mins.

Chef Mickey's you're done by 8 pm at the latest. It's a 15 min walk (at most) to the front gate of MK, AND you are coming in from the back, so if people are already gathered, it's easy enough to just fill in.

I'd say try to see it w/ Chef Mickey's...

HOWEVER... you MIGHT be able to stay long enough in CRT to actually be able to watch (at least the fireworks) from right INSIDE the castle... so that could be fun too... I'm sure many people at the same time you're going to be at CRT will be sticking around slightly longer to see the fireworks from there... though, unless you're right at/near the window, they may be too high to see from in there... so there's that too...

Twoprincesses116

Original Poster
I dunno... I think CRT might be cutting it VERY close... your reservation may be at 7:25, but based on experience, I doubt you will actually get seated that early. First you get your photo with Cinderella, then you wait some more in the lobby area, then they take you up to your seat, and when you get up there, everything seems rather "timed" as they introduce all of the princesses in set intervals and then have sort of a "ceremony" at the end. I'm not sure how much flexibility you might have in rushing things and getting out of there faster, but I think best case, you don't get out of there until 8:40/8:45 and when you do leave, you are at the back of the castle and I don't think you would be able to leave out the front of the castle at that point because they would have it blocked off. So, you would need to get around the castle through likely very crowded walkways to make your way to the front enough to see in 10-15 mins.

Chef Mickey's you're done by 8 pm at the latest. It's a 15 min walk (at most) to the front gate of MK, AND you are coming in from the back, so if people are already gathered, it's easy enough to just fill in.

I'd say try to see it w/ Chef Mickey's...

HOWEVER... you MIGHT be able to stay long enough in CRT to actually be able to watch (at least the fireworks) from right INSIDE the castle... so that could be fun too... I'm sure many people at the same time you're going to be at CRT will be sticking around slightly longer to see the fireworks from there... though, unless you're right at/near the window, they may be too high to see from in there... so there's that too...

Thanks!! I'll try for Chef Mickey's night then!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom