Have u ever been in a park & saw someone from home?

luvlifeinfl

Original Poster
I just had this crazy thought. Have you been at WDWand run into someone from back home? The catch is you can not be living in FL.( all your FL folks thought you would say yea all the time)

We live about 15.5 hrs from the world. Last yr when my DD graduated from HS we all went to WDW. This one day while walking through DHS to go on ToT, my daughter says OMG Mom there is my science teacher, DD calls out her name and we stood and talked for a few min, but it just was so weird to be so far from home and as large as WDW is that you would run into some one from home.

kstella

My cousin, her husband and their two sons. What turned out to be really funny is we were watching the World Showcase Players in Italy, standing on different sides of the crowd and my father, who was by me, and my cousin's husband got picked to be in the play.

Chevross

Since moving away from Florida two years ago, I have indeed met people I know here in TN down at WDW. It happened twice, once I was in the fast pass line and my co-worker was in the regular line and we met up at EE. The other time was for TT when a friend and I met up in the GM showroom. And once I ran into my sister-in-law but that's when I was a resident of Florida, however she is a resident of Montreal, Quebec, Canada so I figured that kinda counts.

Lunamis

I ran into my 5th grade teacher twice, on 2 separate trips, totally unaware she was going. Once while I was in that grade (she spotted us from waiting online in small world), and again a couple of years later. What are the odds:shrug:

DisneyMom4

So many times! Now, I'm from GA so it's easier, but really....you'd be amazed. Old friends, old friend's sisters, church members, school members....

I always walk away humming "It's a Small World...."

holleyb

yep...

I was in line at IASW and the family behind me and my brother kept looking at us ... she finally asked us our names ... She turned out to be my dad's cousin who I had only met a few times. I always thought what an appropriate place to run into family!!

Phonedave

I was in the Orlando area on business so I stayed over in WDW for a few days.

I was standing on top of the Main Street Station watching Wishes, when somone stands in front of me and says "Dave?"

It was the guy who lived across the street from me for rougly 15 years while we were growing up. He is still really good friends with my brother (I am friends with his brother) He was down there with his family.

Just a totaly random occurance.

-dave

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I have had it happen a few times. I have run into random HS acquaintances, two of my now former students, a neighbor, and a co-worker. I do have to add that all but one of those encounters happened during Jersey Week. The odds are definitely increased when half the population of the state in which you reside goes on vacation to the same place at the same time. :lol:

It seems that for the first trips we went as a family growing up we did, and now being married and going with DW and I we have seen a lot of people from back home. None of them we have even known they were to be there. I have gone lots of knowing someone was to be down there at the same time and never bump into them.

I_heart_Tigger

Happened to my family quite a few times. It's so funny to be in queue and keep zigzagging past your nighbour from way up in Nova Scotia :lol:

Well...It's a Small World, after all....:lookaroun:lol:

I can't believe I'm first to post that.:sohappy::lookaroun

So, it happened to me last year. I'm in line and look up and realize that one of my co-workers is in front me......both of us from Durham, NC. Come to find out, he was visiting family in Tampa and decided to take his sons to Magic Kingdom for the day. And you'll never guess what line I was in.......

that's right......IT'S A SMALL WORLD!! :ROFLOL:

sueuk

Last time we were ther , we went onto the Jungle Ride first ride and someone called my name - it was a work colleague 2 people behind me in the queue. She works on a different ward and I didn't even know she was going to WDW.

Susan Savia

We live in Northern VA which is 15 hours to the World. When my daughter was in the 2nd grade we took her out of school for our family trip. On our first day there, riding the monorail from Epcot to the MK, we hear, "Oh look it's Heather" and we turn around and sitting back to back to us, is a classmate of my daughter and her famiily! Kinda strange to think of all the times, places, etc., a person can find themselves when at Disney World, that we come across someone we know. Got some cute pictures of that moment.

PattyBell

It happened with me twicw.

one at Bush Gardens: met a family really close to my brother in the late 80´s

and in november 2007: met a close friend and her husbabd at the line of Jungle cruise (we were friends and co-workers).

I was so happy that we spent the rest of the vacation together.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom