Haunted Mansion

Ellie Thompson

Original Poster
According to the fairy godmothers over at the boutique in magic kingdom, there is a running joke/feud with the imagineers vs. cast members.
The imagineers go by the ballroom scene and make sure there are no hidden mickeys to keep haunted mansions rule of no mickeys.
The cast members then go back and put the plate on the left side in the hidden mickey order.
Then the imagineers go back and take it out of the order, and it's a fun joke between the two :)
Is this a fake or real story?
(Sorry if this is written weird, i just got done with a 8am-11pm day at the parks with lots of crying after wishes ;))

Last edited:

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

My favorite Hidden Mickey in all of Disneyworld is in the Haunted Mansion. It's in the tomb where the fat lady sings. She's holding a Mickey head in the tomb. There is also a hidden Donald on the silhouette of the chair in the library. The plate however is NOT an "official" Hidden Mickey. An official Hidden Mickey is only one that is purposely put there by an imagineer. That's why a lot of Steven Barrot's book is nonsense because a lot of what he sells as "Hidden Mickeys" are actually totally not. For those that don't know, the reason Hidden Mickeys exist is because Disney won't allow imagineers to put their names on their work. So as an inside joke they started hiding Mickeys in attractions and telling each other about it. Also Mickey was supposed to not be allowed to leave the Magic Kingdom so to get him "inside" EPCOT they started making Hidden Mickeys. If you want to see an absolutely epic Hidden Mickey in the MK go to Town Square. Stand in the character meet and greet place. Turn around. Look under the train station. There is actually a Hidden Mickey between the speakers and the ceiling but you have to stand in a perfect place to see it. A CM showed it to me on the Mickey's Magical Milestones tour and said that he loves to keep it a secret from Steven Barrot. LOL! Also in New Fantasyland I'm sure everyone knows about the Steamboat Willie and all the Hidden Oswald's as well. Next month on youtube I'm gonna try and do my own little series on Hidden Mickeys because I'm such a nerd for them. LOL!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom