Haunted Mansion

wanabeimagineer

Original Poster
I'm sure this topic has been beaten to death and I feel kinda stupid for asking, but the "strecthing room," is it actually going down or is the ceiling just moving up? Because I've heard both on different websites, so I would just like to know the real truth.

wanabeimagineer

Original Poster
So it is an actual elevator takes you up? Because if you look at the wood supports on the top wall (where the pictures are), they do not move at all, suggesting that the ceiling just moves up.

disney2b

in WDW the wall just moves up,your still stationary. In disneyland, you actual go down, never been to disneyland, but that whats i've heard.

popkid

is that true about DL? i highly doubt it as there doesn't seem to be any seperation in the carpet from the foyer into the stretching room... i think the ceiling just rises for both attractions...

can we get an official ruling on this?

wanabeimagineer

Original Poster
I found this on doombuggies.com (which is supposedly "the source" for Haunted Mansion info) I still refuse to believe it though:
"When the house lights are extinguished and the lightning flashes above, you see the corpse of your "Ghost Host" dangling above the scrim. When the lights come back on inside the room, the ceiling is once again illuminated. The stretching gallery, which is actually a cleverly-concealed OTIS elevator, takes you down beneath the ride facade so that you may enter the true ride building."

disney2b

yeah i still doubt it, remember the hyrolaters they still claim that its an elevator. my dad cant go in them so he go's in a side with a CM,we usually exit through their.

wanabeimagineer

Original Poster
Originally posted by disney2b
yeah i still doubt it, remember the hyrolaters they still claim that its an elevator. my dad cant go in them so he go's in a side with a CM,we usually exit through their.

The hydrolaters are such a joke :lol: they don't really make much of an attempt to make them seem real, the movement doesn't feel real at all. Of course, to a small child, it may seem real.

disney2b

yeah :lol: if you look down while your in them, their is a huge gap between the floor and the wall, water should be rushing in then.

TinkerBell9988

In DisneyLand, they are actually elevators that take you kinda "underground-ish" to the ride area. They don't go down too far though...

In WDW the room doesn't go down. BIGGGGG CLUE HERE: After the door opens so you can get to the ride area, the carpet from the stretching room CONTINUES to the ride area. So unfortunately, you are not going down. The walls are stretching. Take notice of the carpet thing next time you go to the MK!

wanabeimagineer

Original Poster
Originally posted by disney2b
yeah :lol: if you look down while your in them, their is a huge gap between the floor and the wall, water should be rushing in then.

Haha yea, and sometimes if you get in quick enough (when you are supposedly going back up to the exit) you can see the door on the other side close, their timing is off a lot of times.

DCA Fan

The DL Haunted Mansion Elevator does go down, so that guests are taken below the DL railroad and into the show building on the other side.
I don't think the WDW elevator goes down, but I'm not sure.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
The DL one goes down because you need to go under the railroad tracks to get to the show building......the effect wasn't originally going to be in teh WDW haunted mansion, but the effect was so popular that they added it into WDW (I believe)....but the WDW one has no reason to go down, so they reproduced the effect by making the ceiling go up.

This is documented in many sources, so I know it's fact :)

NowInc

Need more confirmation? Here i am...I know for a FACT that they are elevators in Disneyland..I am friends with more than a few CMs out there..and part of the nitetime routine there is to make sure the elevators are "down" before they shut off for the night

DCA Fan

PM

Yes there is an elevator in the Phantom Manor. I do not know if it goes down, but I assume it does b/c their PM involves going into an underground ghost town.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom