Haunted Mansion Holiday edition

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
A December ONLY Dickens Christmas-type overlay for WDW's mansion would be more appropriate and more subdued than the madcap Nightmare Before Christmas IP. I feel like this could be achieved rather simply and without ridiculous extravagance or complex set pieces that take a month to install. An understated "Mansion during Christmastime" would be a nice treat and wouldn't really impact the main show elements. Even the Frees dialog could remain unchanged. I'd welcome this seasonal sprinkling so long as it's understated. A few wreaths in the Corridor of Doors, A tree in the ballroom, presents in the attic, falling snow in the graveyard...etc.

Cmdr_Crimson

A December ONLY Dickens Christmas-type overlay for WDW's mansion would be more appropriate and more subdued than the madcap Nightmare Before Christmas IP. I feel like this could be achieved rather simply and without ridiculous extravagance or complex set pieces that take a month to install. An understated "Mansion during Christmastime" would be a nice treat and wouldn't really impact the main show elements. Even the Frees dialog could remain unchanged. I'd welcome this seasonal sprinkling so long as it's understated. A few wreaths in the Corridor of Doors, A tree in the ballroom, presents in the attic, falling snow in the graveyard...etc.

Give it that creepy version with the weird Motion Capture movie they did.....Give the kids...Night terror's...
hqdefault.jpg

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Give it that creepy version with the weird Motion Capture movie they did.....Give the kids...Night terror's...
hqdefault.jpg

No kidding. Right down to the dead lifeless eyes. Of the two Christmas mocap mishaps I think "Polar Express" felt a little warmer and more lively. Disney's "A Christmas Carol" was so odd and creepy.... like Jim in his later years.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
At home I tend to take a less is more approach to holiday decorating, so I get that POV. But in the case of Haunted Mansion, or any other attraction overlay, it's all or nothing. Just went on Haunted Mansion Holiday on Friday, thankfully before it got to 180 min wait, and it remains as impressive as always. This years Gingerbread house is terrific.

I'm looking forward to riding Tokyo Disneyland's version again next year!

Last edited:

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
At home I tend to take a less is more approach to holiday decorating, so I get that POV. But in the case of Haunted Mansion, or any other attraction overlay, it's all or nothing. Just went on Haunted Mansion Holiday on Friday, thankfully before it got to 180 min wait, and it remains as impressive as always. This years Gingerbread house is terrific.

I'm looking forward to riding Tokyo Disneyland's version again next year!

I agree with you to a point. When it comes to Christmas...er Holiday decor; For me I'd rather elegance over tacky displays. Less is more with white lights and candles vs a house rocking out with 5000 string lights and lasers dancing in time to Mannheim Steamroller with a ceramic baby Jesus in a straw manger next to a blow-mold Santa and a 5' inflatable North Pole penguin wearing sunglasses... cuz he's "cool"

Both have their place in the neighborhood I guess. I liken the Mannheim mayhem to Nightmare Before Christmas overlay. It's fun but overthetop. I'd rather simple, subtle decor with a spooky slant vs dayglow blacklight zaniness. I don't personally think the NBC overlay meshes with the Mansion. It did. It's a fun concept and the idea isn't a bad one it's just that the NBC overlay has gone overboard and is now nothing more than a confusing mess of spectacle without substance. Not in my mansion!!!

If WDW's Mansion was to ever receive an overlay I'd still prefer it stick close to it's original roots and just sprinkle in some Christmas time filler. Jack and company can stay in DL.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
I feel like that scenario would look like a half hearted effort, not unlike Magic Kingdoms version of the Jingle Cruise.

I'd be happy if they just brought back the Christmas country bear show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom