Haunted Mansion Backstory

MonorailLover

This is the backstory that is described in the Kingdom Keepers series of books.

Leota loves Master Gracey.

Master Gracey engaged to blonde beauty.

Leota murders blonde, hoping Gracey will then love Her.

Gracey hangs himself (you know, the corpse in the stretching room / the portrait of the decomposing Master Gracey)

Leota dies of old age and then haunts the Mansion.

Then..... The ghost host comes in and makes the story less depressing.....

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

What we know about the backstory...

Leota loves Master Gracey.

Master Gracey engaged to blonde beauty.

Leota murders blonde, hoping Gracey will then love Her.

Gracey hangs himself (you know, the corpse in the stretching room / the portrait of the decomposing Master Gracey)

Leota dies of old age and then haunts the Mansion.

Then..... The ghost host comes in and makes the story less depressing.....
None of that is anything more than fan fiction.

lazyboy97o

There, I have edited my post. I was too tired last night to specify the source of the story that I got. I agree, it's no more official than any of the other stories, but it somewhat makes sense.
Except that it contradicts the attraction itself (the Ghost Host identifies himself as the hanging body and the Bride's groom was the Hatbox Ghost) and the people who developed the attraction. Like many of these stories it is also just pulling from Phantom Manor and trying to make it fit.

MonorailLover

Except that it contradicts the attraction itself (the Ghost Host identifies himself as the hanging body and the Bride's groom was the Hatbox Ghost) and the people who developed the attraction. Like many of these stories it is also just pulling from Phantom Manor and trying to make it fit.
The ghost host part was meant as humour..... Sorry, I'll stop digging myself a hole...

HMghost1248

The back story I came up with and have found the evidence on the ride.
You are the 1000th happy haunt in the mansion. It starts as you enter the mansion lookin for something and stumble into a mysterious chamber (the stretching room) you finally find a way out but not before seeing Master Graceys hanging body in the rafters in the stretching room. You run through the mansion and into spooky rooms with ghosts scaring you. Madam Leota tells the spirits to scare you away. The ballroom scene is where you first see real ghosts. You go into the attic and see Emily/Condance the angry bride. She pushes you out of a window (where you turn around and descend down a hill) you don't survive the fall and die. The caretaker and dog are scared of you since you are now a ghost. The other ghosts in the graveyard are celebrating your death. The hitchhiking ghosts are there as your ghost mentor trying to help you adjust to life as a ghost by causing trouble with you. At the end of the ride 'Little Leoda' tells you to bring your death certificate if you would like to permanently retire at the mansion. The ride makes so much more sense because of this story for me. You can really think anything but it is easier for my to use a story!!

HMghost1248

The back story I came up with and have found the evidence on the ride.
You are the 1000th happy haunt in the mansion. It starts as you enter the mansion lookin for something and stumble into a mysterious chamber (the stretching room) you finally find a way out but not before seeing Master Graceys hanging body in the rafters in the stretching room. You run through the mansion and into spooky rooms with ghosts scaring you. Madam Leota tells the spirits to scare you away. The ballroom scene is where you first see real ghosts. You go into the attic and see Emily/Condance the angry bride. She pushes you out of a window (where you turn around and descend down a hill) you don't survive the fall and die. The caretaker and dog are scared of you since you are now a ghost. The other ghosts in the graveyard are celebrating your death. The hitchhiking ghosts are there as your ghost mentor trying to help you adjust to life as a ghost by causing trouble with you. At the end of the ride 'Little Leoda' tells you to bring your death certificate if you would like to permanently retire at the mansion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom