Has Rivers of Light been permantly scrapped?

ninjaprincesst

Original Poster
With Jungle book being scheduled all the way through to September 5th does anyone else think Rivers of Light is just never going to happen? I mean that is almost five months after it was supposed to start that is a really long time to work out a few bugs. I'm starting to think Jungle book is all we are getting.

kap91

My guess is that with summer being the busy season there's probably not much time to work on the show at night and/or if new tech needs to be engineered that could easily take a while.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
My guess is that with summer being the busy season there's probably not much time to work on the show at night and/or if new tech needs to be engineered that could easily take a while.

Yep agree and also they are telling folks when asked that it will be only on certain nights come Sept etc so that could be so they can work on ROL on the nights not showing Jungle Book. :)

Rinx

With Jungle book being scheduled all the way through to September 5th does anyone else think Rivers of Light is just never going to happen? I mean that is almost five months after it was supposed to start that is a really long time to work out a few bugs. I'm starting to think Jungle book is all we are getting.

I think ROL is scrapped. My personal opinion. Sure, they can create any show and call it ROL but what I mean, specifically, is forget all the concept art you've seen of it because I don't think the end product will be very close to it. With all the problems they've been having I feel like there will come a time when they say enough to trying to make it work and just come up with replacement segments.

epcotisbest

I think ROL is scrapped. My personal opinion. Sure, they can create any show and call it ROL but what I mean, specifically, is forget all the concept art you've seen of it because I don't think the end product will be very close to it. With all the problems they've been having I feel like there will come a time when they say enough to trying to make it work and just come up with replacement segments.

Perhaps they are putting extra effort into getting it right before opening. Look at all the complaining about the Frozen ride breaking down regularly after it opened. Would a delay in opening have been better than opening it prematurely? I don't know, but I do know I don't think ROL has been scrapped. Maybe, it might be getting even more spectacular, just taking longer.
Or, maybe they just gave up and have not bothered to tell us yet.

AndyS2992

Maybe I imagined it but aside from the fact the float control system doesn't work, properly, didn't execs watch the show and say it was boring and so it had to reworked? Causing a big delay. Also I'm sure the longer opening hours mean less time for testing delaying things further.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.

Except for the fact that Summer really hasn't been that busy this year..

belledream

Not to belittle the subject at hand, but I'm just super thrilled to be enjoying AK at night again. I think the last time we were there and they were open at dark was either 2009(December) or 2011(September). Love that place after dark!
I totally agree! Between 11PM closing time and 8PM closing time + show, I'm kinda leaning towards just wandering AK at night more at this point. :D

DfromATX

I'm a little bummed out about it, but we're leaving on Friday for our trip and we are excited about the things that will be new to us - Frozen, 7DMT, AK at night... We *only* go every few years, so I guess by the time we go again, at least all the new lands will be built...hopefully!

Kamikaze

Perhaps they are putting extra effort into getting it right before opening. Look at all the complaining about the Frozen ride breaking down regularly after it opened. Would a delay in opening have been better than opening it prematurely? I don't know, but I do know I don't think ROL has been scrapped. Maybe, it might be getting even more spectacular, just taking longer.
Or, maybe they just gave up and have not bothered to tell us yet.

They have not done a single test of any of the RoL-specific elements since the beginning of the Jungle Book show.

Whether thats because testing would have to start late and they are waiting for shorter operating hours; they have completely gone back to the drawing board and are making a new show; or they are just going to keep it Jungle Book and then move into another show, I have no idea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom