Has Disney lost their knack for the details?

Goofyernmost

Yes. Joe Rhode.

I would think that picture should let you know that Disney has no real interest or concern in whether or not a few people relax and stick their tired feet in a fountain for a few minutes. It is this OCD'd germaphobe society that is so uptight about everything that they are shocked by it. It's a common sight in Europe and they haven't had a plague in years. It will be so nice when (and if) this country ever grows up.

Rescue Ranger

Every time I walk into Animal Kingdom I'm amazed about the details they have and continue to add.

For newer, even little details most will never notices but are there anyway such as the hidden Pascals by the Tangled themed rest area.

Yea, things overall are not up to par and not everything is given the proper care and attention. BUT when they do, it's done well I'd say.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Every time I walk into Animal Kingdom I'm amazed about the details they have and continue to add.

For newer, even little details most will never notices but are there anyway such as the hidden Pascals by the Tangled themed rest area.

Yea, things overall are not up to par and not everything is given the proper care and attention. BUT when they do, it's done well I'd say.
I'm a sucker for looking for Hidden Mickey's and people who think Disney doesn't pay attention to details should be as obsessed as I am when it comes to looking for them. New Fantasyland has an EPIC Steamboat Willie Hidden Mickey in it. There are also Hidden Oswalds there too. My favorite small detail in all of the Animal Kingdom though is the humongous Hidden Jafar in the rock formation. That things is sight to behold!

No. They haven't lost the details. There are too many new details and special touches to point out. The new queues for Haunted Mansion, Pooh, Peter Pan have all been improvements over the original for example. They added details to existing ride classics that had nothing to do with making money. It was about improvements. The Mermaid queue. The entire Seven Dwarfs attraction, queue and surrounding landscaping. The Tangled rest area. There are fantastic details inside and out of Be Our Guest. I think the new hub area looks fantastic. Say what you want about the Frozen invasion of Norway but I think the queue, the ride itself and the entire meet and greet area look wonderful and are chock full of details. Everywhere you look in Animal Kingdom there are beautiful, amazing details old and new. It's all still there.
Got to agree on that about Be our Guest restaurant. Full of details and awesome helpful staff when we went.

Matt_Black

I'm a sucker for looking for Hidden Mickey's and people who think Disney doesn't pay attention to details should be as obsessed as I am when it comes to looking for them. New Fantasyland has an EPIC Steamboat Willie Hidden Mickey in it. There are also Hidden Oswalds there too. My favorite small detail in all of the Animal Kingdom though is the humongous Hidden Jafar in the rock formation. That things is sight to behold!

My favorite recent detail is the life preserver on the exit side of Goofy's Barnstormer. It says "Ya-Hoo-Buoy!"

Prototype82

I didn't expect the new Frozen meet and greet to floor me like it did. All of the Norwegian research and authenticity and a lot of fun with the characters' back story really surprised me. And that was just for a meet and greet. And as said above: Harambe Market is phenomenal.

DisneyFans4Life

I don't think Disney has lost any ground on the details. There does seem to be maintenance miscues than in years past, but with how crowded the parks are now compared to prior years...it's probably pretty hard to keep up...not to mention the cuts they've had recently.

Matt_Black

I didn't expect the new Frozen meet and greet to floor me like it did. All of the Norwegian research and authenticity and a lot of fun with the characters' back story really surprised me. And that was just for a meet and greet. And as said above: Harambe Market is phenomenal.

The nook where Aladdin & Jasmine meet over in Morocco is likewise beautifully detailed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom