Has anyone seen Aladdin the musical. Should be fun!

Eric Graham

Original Poster
Had to miss Frozen the Musical because of covid. Had pretty good seats...Maybe I'll catch it next year. Looking forward to this musical.

StarWarsGirl

I saw the travelling version when it came to Baltimore a few years ago. It was really good. We very much enjoyed it. My favorite Disney Theater production is still The Lion King, followed by Beauty and the Beast, but Aladdin was quite good.

The original Aladdin actor from the Broadway production sometimes performs at Festival of the Arts in Epcot. I got to see him one time perform "Proud of Your Boy." He's excellent. I wish I had gotten to see him when he originated the role in New York.

Eric Graham

Original Poster
I really enjoyed the Lion King. When I saw it a few years ago, the character of Scar was from the original Broadway cast. He was really awesome. My dog's name is Belle so I of course love Beauty and the Beast as well.

k8einwdw

I saw Aladdin on Broadway back in 2019 - it’s a lot of fun! There are a handful of songs that are not in the movie, and “Friend Like Me” is extended for the musical. We really enjoyed it when we saw it!

erstwo

Yes - excellent. Even my 'no f-n Disney' (her words, not mine!) Broadway friend enjoyed it. That's high praise! I saw the touring company this past spring. Still good.

Eric Graham

Original Poster
I saw Aladdin on Broadway back in 2019 - it’s a lot of fun! There are a handful of songs that are not in the movie, and “Friend Like Me” is extended for the musical. We really enjoyed it when we saw it!
Thank you so much for the wonderful response! We're really looking forward to it. Hopefully it wont snow that day.

Eric Graham

Original Poster
Yes - excellent. Even my 'no f-n Disney' (her words, not mine!) Broadway friend enjoyed it. That's high praise! I saw the touring company this past spring. Still good.
Lol about your friend. How funny! Hopefully I can get up to New York again and also see a play up there as well. My wife saw The Book of Mormon there when it was on Broadway years ago. Here, for some reason they tend to have the same plays over and over again. I wanted to see Wayne Brady in The Wiz here. It was coming here before it went on Broadway. He's really funny to me on Let's Make A Deal. Wanted to also get tickets to the Michael Jackson musical but it was sold out. Tried the Beetlejuice musical soundtrack (it's coming also). But the music was somewhat odd for me.

Eric Graham

Original Poster
One of my nieces also is in the drama department at her high school. She does set design in that department. So, I bought them tickets to go to it as well. She's completely thrilled about Aladdin!

erstwo

Lol about your friend. How funny! Hopefully I can get up to New York again and also see a play up there as well. My wife saw The Book of Mormon there when it was on Broadway years ago. Here, for some reason they tend to have the same plays over and over again. I wanted to see Wayne Brady in The Wiz here. It was coming here before it went on Broadway. He's really funny to me on Let's Make A Deal. Wanted to also get tickets to the Michael Jackson musical but it was sold out. Tried the Beetlejuice musical soundtrack (it's coming also). But the music was somewhat odd for me.
I did not know Wayne Brady was going to be in the Wiz revival! I meant to google the cast the other day. I'm hoping Andre DeSheilds will be in it somehow, but I bet he's not because I haven't seen him post anything about it on his social media.
My favorites on tour right now are Six the Musical and Come From Away. I haven't seen the touring cast of either, so I can't vouch for them, but the musicals are really good. Six is just a rocking good time and Come From Away is the best story.

Eric Graham

Original Poster
I did not know Wayne Brady was going to be in the Wiz revival! I meant to google the cast the other day. I'm hoping Andre DeSheilds will be in it somehow, but I bet he's not because I haven't seen him post anything about it on his social media.
My favorites on tour right now are Six the Musical and Come From Away. I haven't seen the touring cast of either, so I can't vouch for them, but the musicals are really good. Six is just a rocking good time and Come From Away is the best story.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom