Has anyone experienced a little less efficiency when making dining reservations online and/or on the

bethymouse

Original Poster
We missed going to Disney last year. I noticed making dining reservations is more difficult. The website goes down more often. I called, and the CM added all of my dining reservations, but forgot to cancel one. I was able to modify it online though. Also, now when you call, it seems more automated, but I never get through it all. I always get referred to a live CM with about a 5 minute wait time. Any thoughts about your experiences? Thanks.

CAPTAIN HOOK

I noticed making dining reservations is more difficult. The website goes down more often.
It does, its annoying. With all their $$ resources and the number of daily hits they must get, you'd of thought they'd have invested in something proven to work
I called, and the CM added all of my dining reservations, but forgot to cancel one.
That's just human error, it happens
I always get referred to a live CM with about a 5 minute wait time.
25 minutes wait (from the UK) and then 10 days worth of meals to book. That's expensive.

seahawk7

We missed going to Disney last year. I noticed making dining reservations is more difficult. The website goes down more often. I called, and the CM added all of my dining reservations, but forgot to cancel one. I was able to modify it online though. Also, now when you call, it seems more automated, but I never get through it all. I always get referred to a live CM with about a 5 minute wait time. Any thoughts about your experiences? Thanks.
I have noticed a difference as well. I find making and canceling reservations is easier now then talking to a CM since there are longer waits to be connected to them. I find making the reservations at night means less chance of having the website going down.
Also reservations that are unavailable one day become available such as the BOG reservations for lunch. I found that a little strange that I couldn't find availability three weeks ago and last night almost every day of my trip now has at least two slots. Is it me or is that weird.

EmmieSue

I have noticed a difference as well. I find making and canceling reservations is easier now then talking to a CM since there are longer waits to be connected to them. I find making the reservations at night means less chance of having the website going down.
Also reservations that are unavailable one day become available such as the BOG reservations for lunch. I found that a little strange that I couldn't find availability three weeks ago and last night almost every day of my trip now has at least two slots. Is it me or is that weird.

A lot of people have been attributing the opening of BOG reservations for lunch and dinner to some guests switching to the new BOG breakfast instead. We noticed it for our vacation dates as well.

RubyLee

My biggest frustration with the site (besides how often it's down completely) is how it doesn't reflect updated plans.

On my last trip, I made multiple ADR changes and every time I looked cancelled plans would show, restaurants were wrong, etc. I had to make sure I had the correct info written down and still felt like I was going mad.

I've never had issues before but this was the first time I made so many changes......but I suppose that's what I get for planning for an entire large-ish group. My next trip is going to be solo.

seahawk7

My biggest frustration with the site (besides how often it's down completely) is how it doesn't reflect updated plans.

On my last trip, I made multiple ADR changes and every time I looked cancelled plans would show, restaurants were wrong, etc. I had to make sure I had the correct info written down and still felt like I was going mad.

I've never had issues before but this was the first time I made so many changes......but I suppose that's what I get for planning for an entire large-ish group. My next trip is going to be solo.
Call technical support, that shouldn't be happening. I have found technical support to be very helpful.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Hmm, never had any problems with making our ADRs on-line. Can't even remember the last time we called Disney Dining on the phone. Even made a few last minute reservations with the app while we were there last week. Was there a particular restaurant that anyone is having problems with, or just in general?

mousehockey37

Well, without going into it.. I have a good idea why the website goes down, but I won't discuss it on here... PM me if you'd like and I'll gladly share.

RubyLee

I will admit that we rarely ever change an ADR that we have made, so have not experienced any issues with that. We usually make the ADRs that we know will be hard at 180, but usually wait for the rest until we are about a month out.
I usually do the exact same but booking for a group of 6 who changed their minds every 2.5 seconds altered my plans!

Just like @CaptainAmerica, there wasn't a pattern for ADRs that wouldn't update-several restaurants, park locations, etc. However I found pretty decent availability considering it was for a party of 6 in March. I wasn't trying to get next day BOG or anything but we had good options. ;)

bethymouse

Original Poster
Well... I did change my ADRs successfully this time. Although it's still a bit glitchy at times cancelling online. But, it worked. I get an email cancellation, and then I put in a new reservation, get a congratulations email with a confirmation number, and then it linked to My Disney Experience. So... I guess there really aren't any issues, huh? LOL.:D

BuddyThomas

The website was a mess all last night and much of today, for me anyway. First it kept telling me that my user name and password do not exist (they do) and then it kept saying reservations were unavailable. Argghh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom