Has anyone ever died on Tom Sawyer Island...seriously?

cdunbar

I believe a guy drowned in the Rivers of America after hiding on the island, then trying to swim back with his little brother hanging onto his back.

But that's not exactly a recommended way of experiencing the island, so it shouldn't be counted as a strike against it.
I think that happend at Disneyland...:shrug:

If you die at WDW and dont' qualify for Heaven, you get sent to Stitch's Great Escape- Ethereal Version and have to sit through it again and again.

The horror, the horror.

:)
WOW! :ROFLOL:

Future Guy

There are cameras in the caves. I know someone who thought it would be a perfect place to have some...er "adult fun time" and they were pretty much immediately approached and removed by security.

Disney is missing a great revenue opportunity here. At the cave exit, they should set up a bank of monitors and a counter where you can buy a picture of yourself taken when you thought no one was looking.

BigRedDad

I was @MK when the guy died on Splash Mountain in 2001. There was no way not to pronounce him dead. WDW does everything they can to "keep alive" until they are off property before being declared. So, technically, it may be so.

Lord Pheonix

if i had to go, thats where id want to be.

id also want to be buryd there too., or in the hm cemetary. that would be friggin awesome!!!!!!

fractal

I was @MK when the guy died on Splash Mountain in 2001. There was no way not to pronounce him dead. WDW does everything they can to "keep alive" until they are off property before being declared. So, technically, it may be so.

sorry - I had to laugh to myself.

I had a vision of CMs performing vigorous CPR to somebody until they crossed the property line then just abandoning him.

Skip

sorry - I had to laugh to myself.

I had a vision of CMs performing vigorous CPR to somebody until they crossed the property line then just abandoning him.

That's a South Park joke waiting to happen. I can seriously see it playing it out in my head.

Stop with the PC, seriously. As previously mentioned the tunnels are camera-equipped (they aren't THAT stupid), and there are cast members stationed around the island should any issues arise.

blueboxdoctor

Well i can see it happening in that "secret tunnel" in the fort, it's so narrow that someone overweight will get stuck XD
and someone died on mt. everest when i was there i think
i love how they cover it up for that day, then you go on the internet and every death is on like one site.

Phonedave

Why would you install cameras in an area that see less than 10% of the park attendance as well as a location that has no revnue to lose?

I am not saying they are there or not (because I don't know) but people could easily leave the "beaten path" in the caves

You could also get people who want to do some tagging with a sharpie in there.

Of course there is the "adult entertainment" possibility as well.

A camera or two that a CM watches seems like a plausible idea.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom