Harry Potter phase 3?

BrerJon

I think the Death Eaters Halloween Horror experience just announced for Universal Japan, with trick-or-treating in the day and Hogsmeade becoming a scare zone at night, would be an amazing way to extend the experience in Orlando before they have to build a full third land.

I know it's in the other park, but they could open the walkway between the two, and keep the Hogwarts Express running, so they just open that section and not the whole of IoA.

It would see lines like nothing else Universal has ever offered, so might have to be Express Pass only or something for safety, but it would give a real fresh boost to the Wizarding World to keep them going until the Forest/Ministry/Hotel/Fantastic Beasts/Third Gate or whatever Universal has in store next for Potter is ready.

Mike S

I think the Death Eaters Halloween Horror experience just announced for Universal Japan, with trick-or-treating in the day and Hogsmeade becoming a scare zone at night, would be an amazing way to extend the experience in Orlando before they have to build a full third land.

I know it's in the other park, but they could open the walkway between the two, and keep the Hogwarts Express running, so they just open that section and not the whole of IoA.

It would see lines like nothing else Universal has ever offered, so might have to be Express Pass only or something for safety, but it would give a real fresh boost to the Wizarding World to keep them going until the Forest/Ministry/Hotel/Fantastic Beasts/Third Gate or whatever Universal has in store next for Potter is ready.
How many times have people said there should be Death Eaters walking around Diagon during HHN?

Finally.

JT3000

I personally don't see the appeal of Potter at HHN. It's just not scary. I'm shocked Rowling signed off on that though.

The only easy access between parks is currently in Seuss Landing, and I don't think they'd open that much of IOA for something like this. Maybe if they do a proper two-park event like in 2004, but they seem dead set on staying at USF.

Mike S

From Lucas Gonzales on OU. Take with a grain of salt.
Hi I'm new,
My uncle works for the universal creative team and he always gives me some insight on all new rides n poop. Apparently dragon challenge will be getting a major enhancement after jimmy Fallon and will start prior to FFSC(fast furious) finishing. Both dragon trains will match hp version of the Hungarian horntail and Chines fire ball. The tracks will be replaced and brought in a solid color on the rails unlike now that they are just plain metal. Both red and blue colors of track will be changed to a darker blue and darker red matching the suttle and gloomier vibes hogsmeade has, rather than the bright aqua and red they currently have. A TON OF ROCK WORK WILL BE PLACED IN THE DRAGON CHALLENGE AREA REPLICATING THE ROCK ARENA HARRY BATTLED IN THE MOVIE. the coasters' ride time will be lengthened with NEW track additions for both, and the Hungarian horntail ride will include a special replica scene piece from the movie with its new track addition. This new track addition will begin after the drop and skip the half loop on the cfb (Chines Fire)and the bank turn in the hht (Hungarian horn) the other details to the ride other than rock work will include the cars diving under and through rock crevesis. Mist/ fog will cover the rock arena and when both cars travel up the dueling loop in the middle of both loops there will be a small rock structure w the golden egg replicating the scene in which Harry try's to catch the golden egg. As the car goes up the loop a flame of fire will appear beside the loop. THE NEW ENHANCMENTS TO DC ARE SAID TO INCLUDE SPECTACULAR PYROTECHNICS LIKE FIRE FOG AND OTHER THINGS AS WELL AS IN THE QUE THAT ARE NOT KNOWN ABOUT. THE MAIN THING WILL BE THE TRACK ELONGATION, CHANGE IN COLOR AND DESIGN WITHIN THE TRACK AND CARS, AND THE IMMPRESIVE ROCK WORK THAT THE COASTERS WILL DIVE AND GLIDE THROUGH THAT WILL COVER THE WHOLE DC AREA.
Sounds worlds above what happened to Hulk.

JT3000

From Lucas Gonzales on OU. Take with a grain of salt.

latest

Mike S

If they did all that I would actually ride it again. Now that the dueling part is gone it's to nearly as fun. Would love to see some Victor Krum as well.
The person who posted that has pretty much confirmed himself as a troll so I'm thinking 0% credibility now.

There is this unused indoor coaster concept for USJ though.
image.jpeg

Hmmmmm... ;)

Sped2424

I can picture the attraction now guests load onto the coaster it soars off into the middle of a 360 circular screen room where bugs and centaurs attack (water and air puffs are being splash onto the vehicle) the vehicle passes a spider animatronic and some trees only to be greeted by harry,ron,hermione on a screen "that was a close one we need to get out of here", followed by a minor coaster segment another 360 circle screen scene with motion bases and then a finale with harry ron and hermione saying "great job everyone we got the mcguffin we came here for!". Let's see if this matches up with said attraction lol

Mike S

I can picture the attraction now guests load onto the coaster it soars off into the middle of a 360 circular screen room where bugs and centaurs attack (water and air puffs are being splash onto the vehicle) the vehicle passes a spider animatronic and some trees only to be greeted by harry,ron,hermione on a screen "that was a close one we need to get out of here", followed by a minor coaster segment another 360 circle screen scene with motion bases and then a finale with harry ron and hermione saying "great job everyone we got the mcguffin we came here for!". Let's see if this matches up with said attraction lol
:rolleyes:

squidward

Enough Potter. Although Diagon Alley is way cool, I've had enough. Put another attraction in Jurassic Park. Expand Seuss Landing. Put Sinbad and Poseidon out of their misery and use that space for something special that doesn't involve 3D or motion simulators.

Mike S

Enough Potter. Although Diagon Alley is way cool, I've had enough. Put another attraction in Jurassic Park. Expand Seuss Landing. Put Sinbad and Poseidon out of their misery and use that space for something special that doesn't involve 3D or motion simulators.
Even if more Potter was just within the current land replacing Dragon Challenge? Nothing could happen there but Potter.

Mike S

That's fine as far as more Potter where Potter already is. In fact I like that idea but I don't like the idea of more Potter in new locations.

As always fill the parks up, every inch of it and get rid of not so great attractions. Never liked Dragon Challenge or the original theme. Too short and the coasters coming at each other looked nice but in real life you didn't really notice it while you were on the ride or at least I never did. It doesn't even ride like it use to because apparently people were getting hit by debris.
So, no Ministry of Magic for you?

matt78

$. They didn't want to add more special effects creatures. They already had the dragon and the mer people plus the normal special effects.

All that may be true but it left the maze part of the tournament pretty boring. If it was me I would have just split that movie in 2. Actually books 4-6 could have used either 2 movies or Lord of the Rings style run times. I hope when they do the remakes in 20 years that they do a better job adapting these books.

Mike S

A new patent from Uni. What it describes is eerily similar to the "TSMM with wands" idea that apparently cost Disney their deal to get Potter. I believe @GiveMeTheMusic can elaborate on that.
http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2016/08/universal-patent-hints-at-video-game-ride-using.html
The minds behind Universal Parks & Resorts’ attractions are looking to merge the theme park ride with video games — possibly with a Harry Potter theme. At least that’s what a patent dubbed Video Game Ride from NBCUniversal subsidiary Universal City Studios LLC is trying to do.

Specifically, the patent is aimed at creating a vehicle "configured to receive respective inputs from one or more riders via the vehicle interface circuitry, and wherein the respective inputs are related to one or more game features of a game environment; and a game controller configured to receive information from the vehicle interface circuitry related to the respective inputs; and provide instructions to modify the game environment based on at least one of the respective inputs.”

There’s no clear indication on what theme this technology is meant for, but the patent states the players would be able to make decisions in the ride that alter the course of the experience, as well as make those decisions via controllers guests may use that could come in the shape of joysticks, steering wheels, custom weapons or, most notably, wands.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom