Hard to get FP+ advice

Huglife

Original Poster
I woke up bring and early this morning, 6am my time, to book my FP+ reservations only to find I was unable to get a 7DMT FP on my first day which is my MK day. We're doing another half day at MK later in the week and I was able to get one at 8:45pm but it seems like kind of a waste since we will be park hopping that day. I've never used. FP+ before so I'm wondering how often Fastpasses open up and what are some tactics in obtaining hard to get fastpasses.

Weather_Lady

The best advice is to try, try again! New FP+ may become available at any time as people tweak their plans. (I've also read that you can try and get the desired FP+ for just one person in the group, as larger group size can impact your FP+ search results negatively, and then "copy" it to others in your party, although I've never tried it myself.)

Last edited:

matt9112

FP+ spots open up daily as people cancel and change there own. obviously theirs no way to plan that per say but always look. check a few times each day in your spare time. why not go to the other park first on the second day? i know it stinks to lock up your fast pass but yeah. i have been at rope drop snagging FPs that people are dropping before.

Weather_Lady

I woke up bring and early this morning, 6am my time, to book my FP+ reservations only to find I was unable to get a 7DMT FP on my first day which is my MK day. We're doing another half day at MK later in the week and I was able to get one at 8:45pm but it seems like kind of a waste since we will be park hopping that day. I've never used. FP+ before so I'm wondering how often Fastpasses open up and what are some tactics in obtaining hard to get fastpasses.

Park hours were just extended for many November dates, which opened up additional FP+ time slots. (I noticed that MK was now scheduled for a regular opening at 8am - an hour earlier than it had been originally- on a day when we'd be there - when I looked, there were FP+ for every attraction, including 7DMT, now available for time slots beginning at 8am to 8:55am.) So keep an eye on any schedule changes for your MK day, and act fast if you see one!

Pinoke76

During September, I managed to get a couple of 7DMT on the day by checking the App. Obviously it was lucky and it took a lot of refreshing the app during my stay to achieve it. I found the best time to be checking was towards the end of lunch, when I am sure people started cancelling rides that they either wouldn't get back to from their lunch, or if they decided to park hop or return to their hotel.

The other option is to head straight there when you enter the park and have one moderate queue to start your fun day

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom