Happy new year, now to start the planning

wishing_upon_a_dstar

Original Poster
Hello everyone

Happy new year everyone. I hope 2015 is a happy, healthy and Disney filled for all.

We are making our first December trip this year. Hopefully using our 11 month windows for both Saratoga and the grand. I am after some advise of what fireworks or place is the best to be Christmas Eve and New Years eve?

Has anyone been to celebration or universal over the Christmas and new year period?

How is the MVMCP?

Do all hotels celebrate New Years eve like the grand Floridian did? If yes what would you reccommend is the best?

What have you done over the festive period which you would recommend. Sorry for all the questions, This is likely to be our only December trip so I want to make it the best and magical as can be.

Hope you guys can help xxx

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Hello everyone

Happy new year everyone. I hope 2015 is a happy, healthy and Disney filled for all.

We are making our first December trip this year. Hopefully using our 11 month windows for both Saratoga and the grand. I am after some advise of what fireworks or place is the best to be Christmas Eve and New Years eve?

Has anyone been to celebration or universal over the Christmas and new year period?

How is the MVMCP?

Do all hotels celebrate New Years eve like the grand Floridian did? If yes what would you reccommend is the best?

What have you done over the festive period which you would recommend. Sorry for all the questions, This is likely to be our only December trip so I want to make it the best and magical as can be.

Hope you guys can help xxx
We were there last November while Christmas was in full swing. IMHO the Osborne lights at DHS is the best holiday attraction. There are some rumors it may be going away if the DHS refurb construction ramps up, but if they still have them going when you are there it's a can't miss. They cover Streets of Ameica with millions of lights. They play Christmas music and it even snows. It's included in regular admission to DHS.

MVMCP was pretty good. It was raining pretty hard the day we went so some of the side stage shows were cancelled. There is usually no wait for rides during the party. The parade is cool and the Holiday Wishes was fantastic. They even make it snow on Main Street and who doesn't like hot cocoa and cookies:). It's not something I would do on every trip because of the price, but if it's your only December trip it's probably worth doing.

I liked just exploring the resorts and checking out the decorations. Grand Floridian had a pretty cool ginger bread house. Wilderness Lodge had a giant tree in the loby that was impressive. Every resort has something, those were just 2 of my favorites.

I have never been to Universal during the holidays and I've never been in Orlando for New Years Eve so I can't help with that stuff. If you are looking for a good place to view fireworks at MK Top of the World at BLT is a good choice. If you don't go to MVMCP it's a great place to watch the extended holiday wishes. They even pipe in the music from Main Street. Best part is when the crowds poor out of MK at the end of the show you can just hop on the monorail and be back at GF with no hassle.

wishing_upon_a_dstar

Original Poster
We were there last November while Christmas was in full swing. IMHO the Osborne lights at DHS is the best holiday attraction. There are some rumors it may be going away if the DHS refurb construction ramps up, but if they still have them going when you are there it's a can't miss. They cover Streets of Ameica with millions of lights. They play Christmas music and it even snows. It's included in regular admission to DHS.

MVMCP was pretty good. It was raining pretty hard the day we went so some of the side stage shows were cancelled. There is usually no wait for rides during the party. The parade is cool and the Holiday Wishes was fantastic. They even make it snow on Main Street and who doesn't like hot cocoa and cookies:). It's not something I would do on every trip because of the price, but if it's your only December trip it's probably worth doing.

I liked just exploring the resorts and checking out the decorations. Grand Floridian had a pretty cool ginger bread house. Wilderness Lodge had a giant tree in the loby that was impressive. Every resort has something, those were just 2 of my favorites.

I have never been to Universal during the holidays and I've never been in Orlando for New Years Eve so I can't help with that stuff. If you are looking for a good place to view fireworks at MK Top of the World at BLT is a good choice. If you don't go to MVMCP it's a great place to watch the extended holiday wishes. They even pipe in the music from Main Street. Best part is when the crowds poor out of MK at the end of the show you can just hop on the monorail and be back at GF with no hassle.

Thank you so much, your help is very appreciated. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom