Hanging out at DS (Disney Springs) & resort hopping this XMAS! Parks too crowded!

WhatJaneSays

The holiday season is generally busy everywhere, even at resorts or Springs.

I imagine that Springs is going to be exceptionally busy will all the new places opening, construction congestion, along with tourist and local shoppers. Sure it will be less jammed than the parks, but not by much particularly in the evening hours. Mon-Thurs before 4 PM will likely be the quietest times for Springs.

Any of the resorts are kind of hit-or-miss. Hopping yourself via your own car may be more difficult due to traffic and many resorts having stricter and stricter perking restrictions the closer you get to the holidays. Hopping via internal transport is more surefire but can take longer depending out your route. I tend to take a whole day to resort hop myself close to Christmas just to look at all the decorations.

rob0519

We're doing a quick stay later this month arriving on Saturday afternoon 11/21 and checking out Tuesday morning. The plan is to hit Disney Springs that Sunday morning at 10:00 do our Christmas shopping and get out as soon as possible. Since we're staying at Saratoga Springs we can take the boat over and avoid the roads with either our car or the buses. Not sure if we're going to try and drive to the MK on Saturday, DHS on Sunday and Epcot on Monday or take the bus.

Papis Boiz

Original Poster
Hey Jane,,, Hey Rob! Thank you guys for responding... I'm definitely planning on staying away from the buses that go to the parks, because they take so long during that week of Xmas and New Years. LOL,, Unless it's raining! I'm going to be staying at Saratoga Springs, so if it gets real crowded at Disney Springs I can just walk or catch a boat back to my resort, or another resort along the river. Jane,, I live for hopping to all of the resorts and checking out the Xmas decorations. Plus, I get to just enjoy all the happenings at each resort. I always find something to do at each resort. As much as I love/loved DTD, I really only enjoy it anymore late at night when all the kids are back at the hotel relaxing, swimming, watching television, or playing video games. Then, I can sneak out with the adults and hit up all the adult hang out spots, including Earl of Sandwich. Rob,, I've thought seriously about coming down to WDW next year in November just so that I could enjoy all the new additions without having to navigate through the real December Xmas crowds. LOL,,, truth be told, I really don't enjoy the parks at Xmas when it's too crowded, mainly because of the transportation lines and how crowded the buses get. The only thing I feel that I am really going to miss by not going to the parks this Xmas is Festival of the Lion King... I never grow tired of that show!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom