Halloween Time 2010

sponono88

Original Poster
evg_1217334271.jpg

The very popular Halloween Time event returns September 17th. Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy and Haunted Mansion Holiday both return, and new this year is Mickey's Halloween Party at DL with Halloween Screams fireworks shows as a party-exclusive. Preparations are now underway with festive decor already appearing throughout the parks

P1010819.jpg

P1010798.jpg

Tilly is dressed up in her Halloween best at the Main Street Cinema ticket booth

992377801_VGHee-M.jpg

Haunted Mansion is currently closed for its seasonal makeover - it will reopen later this month

992371818_pdjt6-M.jpg

992372208_Jk2tL-M.jpg

nemofinder22

A Halloween Time video has gone out-[youtube]wWw3TB8f-Xc&feature=sub[/youtube]

Im really hoping they re-do the Mickey floral this year, I believe it was only done in 06, as the other years had the YOAMD and Celebrate layovers.

sponono88

Original Poster
The Disney Parks Blog has a sneak peek at this year's HMH gingerbread house:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...y/?CMP=SOC-DLRUSENFY10Q3DLR_SocMedTwitter0002

Every Halloween since 2001, the Disneyland Resort has a really fun tradition of building a giant gingerbread house in the ballroom scene of Haunted Mansion Holiday. The image above shows last year’s creation in the attraction. It’s a giant carousel – a “Scary Go Round” with LED lighting – that was made of gingerbread and other edible goodies. It’s no ordinary gingerbread house, of course, because the attraction’s holiday overlay incorporates the theme of Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas.” Did you notice Zero was prominently featured on the “Scary Go Round?”

This year, we’re sharing a sneak peek of the artwork for the gingerbread structure, here on the Disney Parks Blog.

sponono88

Original Poster
The Disney Parks Blog has a sneak peek at this year's HMH gingerbread house:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...y/?CMP=SOC-DLRUSENFY10Q3DLR_SocMedTwitter0002

Every Halloween since 2001, the Disneyland Resort has a really fun tradition of building a giant gingerbread house in the ballroom scene of Haunted Mansion Holiday. The image above shows last year’s creation in the attraction. It’s a giant carousel – a “Scary Go Round” with LED lighting – that was made of gingerbread and other edible goodies. It’s no ordinary gingerbread house, of course, because the attraction’s holiday overlay incorporates the theme of Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas.” Did you notice Zero was prominently featured on the “Scary Go Round?”

This year, we’re sharing a sneak peek of the artwork for the gingerbread structure, here on the Disney Parks Blog.

Also from the blog, a look at some art for a Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy T-Shirt

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/09/chilling-new-merchandise-space-mountain-ghost-galaxy/

sponono88

Original Poster
[youtube]z-Y9Mp5n8W0[/youtube]​

A look at this year's Halloween Time commercial! Similar to last year's, except this time the villains are also enjoying WoC :)

sponono88

Original Poster
I'll be there next Friday cant wait to ride Ghost Galaxy again (lets hope they add a little something to this and HMH too)

Good news! Al Lutz had this to say today :D

Editor's Note 9/10: Wondering why the annual Haunted Mansion rehab is running a few days longer than normal this September? George Kalogridis has a few tricks and treats waiting for Disneyland fans this fall, as he aimed a chunk of the seasonal budget at plussing up the Haunted Mansion Holiday beyond just the traditional gingerbread house and overall TLC. New technology is being utilized to the fullest, and Madame Leota in particular is in a very decorative mood this year. - Al Lutz

also, I've heard Ghost Galaxy will be getting some new additions this year as well.

JerrodDRagon

^lets hope Ghost Galaxy and HMH are two of my top Favorite Rides EVER. After going last year it will be nice to see some improvements...heck if there cool enough I might even go once more than I'm planning on going.

a2grafix

Looking forward to experiencing Disneyland during Halloween Time in the next few weeks. Too long between visits, some 11-12 years.

nemofinder22

Good news! Al Lutz had this to say today :D

also, I've heard Ghost Galaxy will be getting some new additions this year as well.

Sounds fantastic! I cant wait to see what they added.

Speaking of fantastic, the Fortuosity Shop has gotten a very creepy, yet beautiful Halloween layover.
http://mintcrocodile.blogspot.com/2010/09/disney-cali-wall-ia-adventure.html

http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/photos/1001208213_ZV3U5-X3.jpg
1001208213_ZV3U5-S.jpg

http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/photos/1001207834_835r4-X3.jpg
1001207834_835r4-S.jpg

http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/photos/1001208586_mqTcB-X3.jpg
1001208586_mqTcB-S.jpg

http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/photos/1001209024_cHZYR-X3.jpg
1001209024_cHZYR-S.jpg

sponono88

Original Poster
1010556850_pCpg7-S.jpg

Halloween Time officially begins today! Warning: The following may contain spoilers..

Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy opened with no visible changes from last year, except for some new lighting in the queue. No word yet if anything has changed for the nighttime exterior show.

Haunted Mansion Holiday returned with some new effects, and for the first time Leota is now floating in HMH! MiceChat has a list of the new additions this year:

Jack has decked the halls of the Mansion once again. This time with some new effects to freshen things up! What a difference a little bit more of a budget can make in making an already popular overlay even better.

What changes are there? Well if you want to avoid spoilers scroll down quickly.

* Lighting has been tweaked in the stretching room and the sound is nice and loud.

* The loading area hasn't been changed as much as freshened up. It's bright, kinetic and there is new, digital projection on the moon with a variety of things happening.

* The Seance room is the biggest change this year with the floating Madame Leota technology being utilized. She hovers above her table while green and orange lanterns float behind her. It is a beautiful effect. Nicely done!

* The annual Gingerbread House alteration in the ballroom.

Overall the Haunted Mansion Holiday looks amazing and the new additions are pretty amazing. Great job to all those involved!

-Fishbulb

P1013357.jpg

Previously Leota never floated during the Holiday overlay. Very first picture of the effect, it almost looks like floating ornaments? Looks very nice! :) I'll try to find a video and post it later.

TP2000

P1013357.jpg

Previously Leota never floated during the Holiday overlay. Very first picture of the effect, it almost looks like floating ornaments? Looks very nice! :) I'll try to find a video and post it later.

WARNING! SPOILERS!!!

I rode Mansion Holiday twice this morning, and Leota is indeed floating inside a giant, old-fashioned Christmas tree ornament. There are smaller colored ornaments floating around behind her. A few of the floating decorations are glowing pumpkin heads It's a very dramatic scene now, and it looks FANTASTIC!

Imagine these types of old-fashioned decorations floating and bobbing around the seance circle, with Leota in the biggest decoration in the middle of the room.

waterfordpreciousgems.jpg

The new digital projections in several places throughout the ride look great, the audio is perfect, and the lighting is very well done. The exterior is beautifully decorated again this year, and there are new purple and black bows all over that I don't remember from previous years. Jack Skellington and Sally were also out doing meet n' greets in the fountain plaza near the Mansion today, and they also were fantastic. By the time I left around 2PM the lines for HMH were 50 minutes long, and Fastpass was pushed out past 6PM. A very popular ride on an otherwise mellow day at Disneyland!

Overall I don't think I've seen Haunted Mansion Holiday look better!

I'm going to save Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy for a time when I can be there at night, as I love watching the digital projections on the dome after dark.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom