Halloween Horror Nights event announced.

Mikejakester

Hey Guys... Wow... I haven't posted in like 7 years. seriously... anyways -

First time in HHN... and I have a few dumbass questions.

1. When you guys say the park closes at 5pm. Does it mean you have to get OUT of the park and go back in?? i bought a stay and scream pass.:shrug:

2. Is Jaws Opened during the day?

3. My Friend lives in Florida, he is going to buy the tickets using his florida residence. Does he have to be present when I enter the park? He works in the morning, so, I will probably want to get there early before he gets there. Do they require him to be there when entering the park? How does that work?

Thanks,
:veryconfu

Skip

1. When you guys say the park closes at 5pm. Does it mean you have to get OUT of the park and go back in?? i bought a stay and scream pass.:shrug:

3. My Friend lives in Florida, he is going to buy the tickets using his florida residence. Does he have to be present when I enter the park? He works in the morning, so, I will probably want to get there early before he gets there. Do they require him to be there when entering the park? How does that work?

Thanks,

1) If you have stay and scream, you'll be directed to the stay and scream area in New York (near Finnegan's and the Fast and Furious cars). You'll wait there til around 6ish where they'll let you go into The Wolfman and maybe one other house early before they open the main gates around 6:15. A great time saver; the one sacrifice is you won't see the opening montage videos with the Usher out front, but, I suppose you could just watch that online.

2) Jaws and all other usual attractions should be operating during the day with the exception of Fear Factor Live, which is used for Bill & Ted.

3) I'm 95% sure that because your friend is buying the tickets and is a Florida resident himself, you can use the tickets freely without any problems. It just has to be him who physically buys the tickets; there shouldn't be any restrictions on who uses them unless it's a Frequent Fear Pass. The same goes for say, Annual Pass discounts.

JT3000

Thanks,

1. You don't have to leave. You'll just have to report to a specified holding area and wait for them to open the houses you get to do early as part of Stay & Scream. I'm not sure where the holding area is this year.

2. Jaws is running both day and night.

3. If you already have your ticket, they won't need to be there for you to use it. It won't matter how you got it, assuming it's valid.

Skip

2. Jaws is running both day and night.

Be warned that Jaws hasn't been running consistently - in the statement Universal recently released regarding Rockit's closer during Horror Nights, they said Jaws would "sometimes" be open. I'm guessing that means peak nights only, but it was open on Friday but not on Saturday. Weird.

Mikejakester

Thanks for the response guys.

So, if I hold a stay and scream it means that I can do some haunted houses before they open to the rest of the public? thats a detail I did not know... Taking that into consideration, Which should I do first?

and how much of time handicap do we have?

EvanAnderson

Probably not too much time, and I have a feeling someone from Universal will lead the group to the specific house or houses used for early opening.

Skip

Thanks for the response guys.

So, if I hold a stay and scream it means that I can do some haunted houses before they open to the rest of the public? thats a detail I did not know... Taking that into consideration, Which should I do first?

and how much of time handicap do we have?

Only one, maybe two, of the soundstage houses will be open. (Either Wolfman, Dracula, and Frankenstein). You'll have about half an hour head start I believe - hit the houses that are open and then proceed straight to SAW. Keep in mind Cleaver, Silver Screams, and Wolfman have the shortest lines later into the night, so hit SAW, Chucky, Spawning, and Dracula as soon as you can.

SleepingMonk

Just back from our trip and we had a great time.

We did the Express Pass for HHN and it really saved us. We got there at open and shut the place down. We did every house and every zone, no way we could have seen them all without the passes.

In my opinion the best houses were Dracula, Wolfman and Frankenstein. They had the best sets, just HUGE and very elaborate, as well as the best special effects, costumes and makeup. Second best was Silver Screams. Not all that impressed with SAW after all the hype.

Mikejakester

Thanks for the tips.

One last one question. Like I mentioned before. My friend is getting the tickets with his florida resident discount. We are planning to go on Friday but like I said before, He wont be for the morning part, so... he will get the tickets sometime during the week. He asked me if he had to pay parking if he was just going to go to the Kiosk to get the tickets and back. ( apparently thats the only delivery option they are giving him for these particular tickets we are buying) Is there any way to by pass this $14 parking charge if he is only going to look for the tickets?

and... What are the rules about cameras inside the haunted house? Do they allow small bags or purses for girls? Or do they make you put everything in lockers?

Thanks again.

dandaman

Just got back from losing my HHN virginity... holy crap, that was amazing. All of the scare actors/houses were top notch, and Bill & Ted was the best theme park show I've ever seen. This, coming from a guy who normally hates being startled by a balloon let alone chainsaws. Terrifyingly, hilariously awesome. :D

DarrenLevesley

Original Poster
I visited on the first night loved it.
Slightly dissapointed Jaws was not open as I really wanted to ride it on a night.
My favourite houses was Chucky and Leave it to cleaver (Think that is the right name ..... sorry I am still jet lagged.) my least favourite was Dracula it was just too dark I lost count the amount of times I walked into a wall and was shouted at for going the wrong way. - the house itself was probably good but the lighting issue really spoilt it for me as I did not think any other of the houses was that dark!

On the plus side I got chatted up by a zombie!! :animwink:

dandaman

The above reminded me to add, yes, Jaws was open last night and YES, the fire lake effect was full-on and HOT. :lol:

Dracula was a bit confusing of a layout but I liked it. Heck, of the houses I visited (all, save for The Spawning and Saw), I don't think I could even rank them; they were all spectacular in their own way. House highlights, though, were the Wolfman/Bride of Dracula jumping across walls with the harnesses, and the sheer morbid hilarity of Chucky/Leave It To Cleaver... among MANY other things.

Mikejakester

Can you shed some details about wait times? what time you got there? what time you left etc... id you get to do everything?

Going there this friday. Any more tips are welcomed.

dandaman

Well, it was a Sunday so I can't really speak for a busy Friday (especially as the actual date of the 31st draws nearer), but wait times were quite decent. Most of them were posted around 15 minutes to 45 minutes the whole night, save for Saw at 90 minutes twice when I walked by. I do think a Bill & Ted show let out just then, though, so location was likely key. (Also, Bill & Ted: SEE IT.)

Got there around 5:30 and I believe they opened the giant archway gates around 6 for ticket purchases, then opened the park itself just before 6:30. Like I said, we did every house except The Spawning and Saw, plus all of the midway scare zones AND all four of the rides once each (MIB, Jaws, Mummy, Simpsons). My only offered advice, I guess, is GET THERE EARLY, especially on a Friday night.

DarrenLevesley

Original Poster
I went to the opening night. It was busy and the lines was long pleased I had the Express Pass, but was unaware that it was a one use only thing :(.
The Crowd did thin out around 12am However, we decided to sit across from Twister and have a few beers and watch the world go by and it did definatly seem a lot quieter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom