Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (Sep 2 - Oct 31)

JT3000

Of course not. That's the old way. Gotta keep moving forward.

I've been going since first year, I'm aware.

Format is one thing. House repeats and incredibly predictable, boring IPs are quite another.
HHN repeats themes, not houses. The only time I've ever seen them put up an exact replica of a previous house was American Werewolf in London. Otherwise they're always reasonably different experiences each year, even the IP houses. Contrast this with Howl-O-Scream or Knotts Haunt, who will put up mostly the same houses multiple years in a row.

While I can understand not being thrilled with another Halloween house, etc, the majority of this year's houses will be new originals. It's too early to judge the creativity of said houses, but if you're tired of the IPs, that's the most you can really ask for. Realistically, we'll never see HHN return to the days where there are no IPs being promoted.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Looked for passholder rates, just the one free night if you're Premier.

EDIT: discounted rates are available for single night tickets in September. They start at $68 + tax vs $74 + tax.

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

At first I was like, "how could they possibly base a house on The Weeknd?" But then I thought about it, and they need to get more experimental with the houses, so I'm looking forward to it.

JT3000

At first I was like, "how could they possibly base a house on The Weeknd?" But then I thought about it, and they need to get more experimental with the houses, so I'm looking forward to it.
To answer that question, the answer is basically "they can do anything he wants them to." Which is why I'm intrigued, if not super excited. It's technically an IP house, but we essentially have no idea what to expect since there's no pre-existing source material to rigidly recreate like with other IPs. It has the potential to be as creative & surprising as any original house. Whether or not it will be good is the big question.

jonnyc

HHNightmares advised on Twitter that the following are the music videos worth familiarizing yourself with for The Weeknd's house:

"After Hours"
"In Your Eyes"
"Heartless"
"Blinding Lights"
"Save Your Tears" (Solo Version)
"Too Late"

jonnyc

I've purchased a Frequent Fear Pass without Express - will I be able to upgrade my pass when i'm at USF to include Express?

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Booked the Scareactor dinner. They're not doing it on Wednesdays, even if there is HHN happening that night.

If you book online you pick the date and time (a choice of 15 min intervals between 5:00pm-6:00pm), but the actual order confirmation does not have that printed on it.

Hope I did it right, I tried twice just to make sure I had the right date and time booked. Guess I'll find out when I get there. 😬

Rob562

Booked the Scareactor dinner. They're not doing it on Wednesdays, even if there is HHN happening that night.

If you book online you pick the date and time (a choice of 15 min intervals between 5:00pm-6:00pm), but the actual order confirmation does not have that printed on it.

Hope I did it right, I tried twice just to make sure I had the right date and time booked. Guess I'll find out when I get there. 😬

I remember when I booked the Behind the Screams tour last year the confirmation email didn't include the time. However a subsequent email that came about a week before our tour did have it, along with check-in details, and all was well.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom