Halloween at DisneyLand Paris

CaptainSparrow

Original Poster
Ahoy folks!

My family and I are going to Disneyland Paris from Scotland for Halloween this year and we can't wait!! We have tickets for the evening Halloween party and I was wondering if anyone has been before?

I have heard that adults dress up in the evening! Who is going this year and if you have been before, did you dress up and are you dressing up this year

I was thinking of doing Jack Sparrow in the evening with the family :) Here is a pic of me costume!
11721356_1875858925971982_496927535_n.jpg

HolleBolleGijs

Yes, a lot of people dress up! I didn't get to go last year, but I was in the park right up until it started. I would say it's not as festive as in the US, but it's definitely the most festive I've ever seen DLP! You will be *very* popular if you have a killer costume!

EDIT: Wow, just realized that is a pic of YOU! Wear that, and you'll be getting a lot of attention!

Last edited:

CaptainSparrow

Original Poster
Yes, a lot of people dress up! I didn't get to go last year, but I was in the park right up until it started. I was technically "in costume," just not as a guest ;) I would say it's not as festive as in the US, but it's definitely the most festive I've ever seen DLP! You will be *very* popular if you have a killer costume!

EDIT: Wow, just realized that is a pic of YOU! Wear that, and you'll be getting a lot of attention!

Thanks so so much! I have recieved an email from disney saying if I dress up not to pose for pictures or be In Character haha so my wife is teaching me how to say "I don't work here"

I can't wait to go! Did you see many costumes??

coruscant

When I went I saw a lot of people in costumes. It was really different that what I was used to see in Paris.
They do warn that you can pose for pictures with guests pretending that you work there.
On another aspect, the only time I went it was really packed. They have a lot of animations around the park with some additional shows and parades but still it was very very busy. All rides had more than one hour waiting, sometimes 2 hours.
But I had fun nonetheless.
Hope you enjoy :)

CaptainSparrow

Original Poster
Coruscant thanks for the reply!! I can't wait to go!! This is me in my costume below! Had an argument with disney about it haha but have now got written proof that I can go just not pose in character! My wife is pirating up as well :)
image.jpg

peep

I've been quite a few times and will be attending again this year! I try to dress up for it but I usually end up rushing something together.

It's always very busy, the event sells out every year. Last year felt like they increased the capacity of the event which meant too many people were trying to do all of the special one-off events. It's a great time to see special characters (for example last year they had Aladdin, Princess Jasmine, Abu and The Sultan out together!) but be prepared to queue for some of the rarer character appearances.

P.S. you look amazing in your Sparrow outfit!

CaptainSparrow

Original Poster
Awe thanks folks!! Btw did you ever notice any guests dressing as disney characters? Btw if you see me with the family please come say hi!!

Tinkerkelle

Just got round to printing off DLP Halloween 2012 photos!! Fab holiday. Picked them up today along with WDW halloween 2013 photos!!! Halloween is awesome at DLP-we saw the party show on the castle stage, character meet and greets in halloween costumes, loads of decorations, and although we weren't there for the actual party on the 31st, we really enjoyed the halloween spirit. At WDW they have parties 3-4 times a week from end of Sept to beginning of Oct and keep the special parade, meet and greets and shows for those. Jack Skellington had 2 hour+ wait whereas we waited 10 minutes at his spot outside phantom manor. Although we really enjoyed the Not So Scary Halloween Party at WDW we're saving the money this trip.
Loads of people dress as disney characters for the WDW parties but as long as they don't pose for photos or try to pass themselves off as cast members it's fine. Your costume is ace and you and the family are sure to have a happy halloween. Enjoy!!

CaptainSparrow

Original Poster
Thanks Tinkerkelle! We can't wait to go! My wife is pirating up and I think my wee girl is going as an undead Elsa haha!

I had an email from disney saying I wasn't allowed to go as Jack in the evening due to the "real" Jack sparrow going haha, I now have written confirmation that I am allowed so will bring that with me to the gate!

Tinkerkelle

Thanks Tinkerkelle! We can't wait to go! My wife is pirating up and I think my wee girl is going as an undead Elsa haha!

I had an email from disney saying I wasn't allowed to go as Jack in the evening due to the "real" Jack sparrow going haha, I now have written confirmation that I am allowed so will bring that with me to the gate!

I saw several Jacks at WDW both Sparrow and Skellington and so many adults dressed as other disney characters. Would be weird to go to a disney party dressed as a minion or a simpson character?! Mind you my 2 boys went as Mario and Luigi and as of last month they are now property of Universal so...!
Watching the other guests in costume was the best part. The family dressed as Jack and Sally with the baby as Zero the ghost dog were sooo fab, as was the dad who decorated his toddler's buggy as an x-wing fighter and his onesie as the orange jumpsuit. Loved the guy who was Russell from Up whose wife was dressed as Kevin the bird and the family of 8 who were Alice and co. Too many amazing costumes. The couple who were dressed as haunted mansion attendants were pretty much cast costume perfect and they weren't refused entry. Good to have peace of mind though.

Thanks. Just wondering cuz I'm gonna be there October 28 and 29

You'll have a fab time. So much halloween stuff that doesn't require the extra expense of a party ticket. When we go to DLP it's always in early October as we get school hols then and it's much quieter in the parks. Great meet and greets with halloween costumed characters as well as villains and Jack and Sally, halloween stage show, brilliant decorations, particularly Frontierland which becomes 'Halloweenland' and a halloween parade when we were there in 2010 but not in 2012 with all the 20th anniversary stuff going on. Enjoy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom