Halloween and 60th Anniversary decorations

midnightsun

Original Poster
Hey everyone!

The BF and I are considering visiting the park in October. I haven't been to DL in 6 years; I was there for the 50th anniversary, and would like to check out all that's been done for the 60th.

My concern is that Halloween decorations will take away from what they've done for the 60th. Is that irrational?

The last time I was at DL for Halloween was probably 10 years ago and I can't quite recall all what they do. We're also considering waiting until March. Based on the A Year of a Thousand Dreams promotion, I assume the 60th will still be in full swing at that time. Am I correct?

What do you all think?

Thanks for your help!

GiveMeTheMusic

Halloween will be cut back this year to keep the focus on the 60th. While the attraction overlays and hard ticket parties are back, the Halloween Carnival will not be (Big Thunder Ranch) and the decorations on Main Street in particular will be minimized in favor of the 60th decor. You won't miss out on anything 60th related by coming during Halloween, UNLESS you come to Disneyland itself on a Halloween Party date. On those days the park will close early and there won't be performances of Paint the Night or Disneyland Forever (Paint the Night will be performed during the Halloween Party if you buy a ticket, but Forever will not).

The good news is that PTN and Forever will be performed every other day, including weekdays. So as long as you come on a non-party day, you will get the whole 60th experience.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
I'm still being cautiously optimistic about the "special sparkling Halloween decor in honor of the Diamond Celebration" that the parks blog said will debut for Halloween Time. After 9 Halloween seasons with the same decorations, anything new will be welcomed.

The new jack o lanterns that are already in place look fantastic!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom