Pre-Trip "Hallelujah! Holy ****! Where's the Tylenol?"

Oh, the silent majesty of a winter's morn...the clean, cool chill of the holiday air...and me, attempting to make this PTR more enjoyable than an a-hole in his bathrobe emptying a chemical toilet into the sewer.

Welcome all! The most enduring traditions of my PTR's are best enjoyed in the warm embrace of kith and kin. Pour yourself a nice warm cup of coco, coffee, White Claw, or an 800 calorie bourbon coffee porter stout and lets begin. I said I would finish my last TR before I started this one, and understandably, there were several who doubted I would finish it, but I did! And Im sure they were more surprised than if they had woken up with their head sewn to the carpet.

The Holiday Season is upon us and we couldnt be more excited to be heading to WDW. When do we begin this journey...

Disney countdown.jpg

Yes, we are at single digits! No, I am nowhere near packed or prepared on any level.

Who is going?

IMG_20191007_143643.jpg

Me, better known as Puddin' round these parts. The guy whose credit card took a pounding at the Pandora shops on our last trip, And my beautiful wife who seemed to enjoy pounding away everywhere chance she got, lol

IMG_20191007_143449.jpg

It was serious. She started with two Pandora charms. Heres how many she had by the end of the trip...

IMG_20191015_102226_01 (1).jpg

IMG_20191015_102234_01 (1).jpg

She went a tad overboard Id say, lol. But she had fun and shes looking forward to finding some new releases on this trip.

Where will be staying?

BWV. 10 days total. We have a studio room for the first three days and then a one bedroom villa with a Boardwalk view for the next 7 days! There are very limited 1 br Boardwalk views and it required booking this pretty much near the 11 month window.

A bonus to the trip is that two of our very good friends will be down there the last few days and we are so looking forward forward to hanging out with them. And they are just as much beer snobs as we are, so yay!

No ADRs yet, but its in the works along with a few other plans so stay tuned! We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday Trip Report here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny ******* Kaye.

Simba’s Mom

"Merry Christmas-s*****r's full!" I knew that anyone who quoted from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation would have a good trip report. I can't wait! And yes, it's my absolute favorite movie. I watch it about 5 times every year.

krisri18

First of all I'm looking forward to seeing your Christmas adventure and all the cool charms your wife buys because of course she needs them. :)

And @Darstarr and @krisri18 , wow, I can't believe your haven't seen Christmas Vacation. This teacher is giving you homework to watch the movie. Make sure you watch for full version, it is better (has inappropriate language) than the version on tv. 🎅
Let's hope it's on Netflix then, lol

I may not have seen National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, but have you seen Muppet Family Christmas? It's our family favorite and for some reason, most people have never heard of it or seen it!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Let's hope it's on Netflix then, lol

I may not have seen National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, but have you seen Muppet Family Christmas? It's our family favorite and for some reason, most people have never heard of it or seen it!

I have not seen Muppet Family Christmas, or at least I don't remember it. I did watch Muppet Christmas Carol the other night on Disney+.

Darstarr

In the Parks
No

krisri18

I have not seen Muppet Family Christmas, or at least I don't remember it. I did watch Muppet Christmas Carol the other night on Disney+.
It's a fantastic Muppet movie with all the Muppets plus Sesame Street characters and the Fraggle Rock gang! Not the easiest to get your hands on (and most of the DVD/vhs copies available are missing some of the original scenes/songs due to copyright issues) but it's definitely worth watching!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
For another couple of weeks neither works for me - not in the Netflix Swiss library, and Prime won’t “deliver” here 😕. So you gals may just have to go ahead without me 😉
YouTube, iTunes, Google Play, and Vudu all have it for a small fee (assuming Swiss access.)

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I don't have an iPhone, but is there an international FaceTime option? Lol

I’ve actually watched shows together with my sister on Skype 😉. I’m sure I’ll find it on one of her trillion channels (I jest - I probably have more channels than she does, it’s just that more than half of them are in languages I don’t speak/understand) when I am there in a couple of weeks (if not available on Amazon Prime since I’ll be in the correct geographical zone). Out of curiosity, I searched on my available channels and the original movie is playing tonight on one of the British channels - but not the Christmas movie (at least not in the next 10 day or so.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Or try your local library - many have pretty decent sized dvd collections. And the price is right! ;) Do whatever you have to to watch that movie - one of the best!

AMEN!! (Fyi: Different DVDs, but I wanted to mention that I borrowed the 6 seasons of Downton Abbey from my local library. Took about 2 months to binge watch all the episodes. But I'm bringing this up here to remind people that many libraries have DVDs. If I had purchased all the PBS DVDs, it probably would have cost me over $250.)

krisri18

AMEN!! (Fyi: Different DVDs, but I wanted to mention that I borrowed the 6 seasons of Downton Abbey from my local library. Took about 2 months to binge watch all the episodes. But I'm bringing this up here to remind people that many libraries have DVDs. If I had purchased all the PBS DVDs, it probably would have cost me over $250.)
Libraries are the best! (Says the daughter of a librarian)

SSH

yup - I bought a Kindle last year and my local library keeps me in ebooks for free - I keep saying I'm going to check out the full Harry Potter series on ebooks, since I love the HP lands at Universal - I hear a lot is based upon the books vs the movies...but haven't had the time to dig into that big a commitment yet!

NothatDonald

We’ll be in the bubble the 11th through the 15th. If a few magicians are getting together to practice magic (like making beer disappear). We would be interested, even if it means disrupting the randomness we have/don’t have planned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom