Hall of Presidents

BG Rugger

Original Poster
I'm not sure if this would be better posted under another thread but here it is anyway.

I was wondering what type of process goes into putting a new president into the show? Do they already have AAs ready to go? How do they install them? Are there spaces already in place for them? How many was the stage designed to hold? What happens when they run out of room?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Great questions.

IMHO,and what I can remember, there is quite enough room for a number of additional presidents. It probably would not be a big deal to go in and extende the stage areas outward or from side to side when the time comes for new room. From what I can remember, it takes about two months for the new president to be added once the change takes place. Since they now have the current president making a speech during the presentation, that time may be a bit longer.

I think this is one of the best educational attractions at WDW and I allways get a great feeling of patriotism after I see it.....

Chase24

This is one of my wifes favorite attractions and for some reason, my 3 yr old was entranced by it. We saw it twice and could have seen it again and I do not think he would have fussed on it. What I wonder is if they will Update the speach that Pres. Bush gives since he was re-elected. Does anyone know if Pres. Clinton kept the same speach for all 8 years?

Thanks

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Chase24 said:
This is one of my wifes favorite attractions and for some reason, my 3 yr old was entranced by it. We saw it twice and could have seen it again and I do not think he would have fussed on it. What I wonder is if they will Update the speach that Pres. Bush gives since he was re-elected. Does anyone know if Pres. Clinton kept the same speach for all 8 years?

Thanks

I believe that once he admitted to having the affair they changed it from "I did not have relations with that woman" to "Well, he he he, well".... :lookaroun

wdwplaid96

The Speech usually is the same, it was for Reagan and Clinton I think. The new process takes usually a few months, with serious input from the President's family. Laura Bush selected clothes to be used. The last changeover in 2001 took longer since the election outcome was contested.

It also takes a while for the portrait to be completed.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Just a precautionary word of warning to everyone: please keep this from becoming a political discussion and stick to the topic at hand. :) I think BG Rugger had some good questions and it would be a shame if the thread had to be closed before they were fully addressed.

Debbie

Eeyore said:
I think BG Rugger had some good questions and it would be a shame if the thread had to be closed before they were fully addressed.

Indeed he did. I would think that in anticipation of the election, that the folks at would already have certain things lined up. IE. The Animatronic in the height of John Kerry, his build, facial features, hair, etc. (GW was already there, no need to prep for him) Since the next election will be with two new faces; it would make sense if, while awaiting the election's outcome, Disney would get these general models going on the computer, and put the finishing touches on the actual plans as soon as the Electoral College was done. They know it's going to be either/or, so why not start planning.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Eeyore said:
Just a precautionary word of warning to everyone: please keep this from becoming a political discussion and stick to the topic at hand. :) I think BG Rugger had some good questions and it would be a shame if the thread had to be closed before they were fully addressed.

I am sorry, I dont see where this thread even looked like it was going to become political. The two comments about what the AA might or might not have said has nothing to do with politics. Thanks for the reminder..... :snore:

barnum42

When Dubya was added, they took the head off the Clinton figure and put the new Dubya head on the now vacant body and put the Clinton head on a new body.

Whilst quite amusing, it does make sense as the Clinton body had all the mechanisms in it and the central location. Saves a bit of cash.

Kwit35

Do you think a pres. would ever refuse to do the speech? I always wondered what would happen if they did. I know G. W. B. is a Disney fan, so no problems there.

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
I think that this is one of Disneys' most important attractions, and I hope that they continue to improve AA's in this attraction. Something else I thought about was the possibility of Disney adding snipets of inspirational speeches that had been given by some of the more recent Presidents. Reagan, Bush, Clinton, and Bush. Maybe some small snipets from State of The Union speeches, and the like. Keep in mind, I don't know exactly what each President says right now. So, just thinking aloud here.

wardrobeguy

HennieBogan1966 said:
Keep in mind, I don't know exactly what each President says right now. So, just thinking aloud here.

The only presidents that speak are Abraham Lincoln and our current president. The rest are introduced, but do not speak.

tigger248

Kwit35 said:
Do you think a pres. would ever refuse to do the speech? I always wondered what would happen if they did. I know G. W. B. is a Disney fan, so no problems there.

I don't think we'd ever have to worry about that (at least I hope not). The president's get a lot of coverage with this attraction. A lot of people see the show. I would like to think that they would consider it an honor to be a part of a WDW attraction. Plus, they would probably get some bad press if they refused to read a simple speach for a WDW attraction. No president wants bad press.

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
Thanks for the info, and I sure wish that more of them spoke. It would be interesting to hear just a few words from each, especially when you think about the times in which each of them lived.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom