Hall of Presidents This Year

dhslxop

Original Poster
Hi Everyone,
I was watching an interview with Morgan Freeman on Jimmy Kimmel earlier this week, and I started thinking about the Hall of Presidents. Has anyone heard any news/rumors about a change to the show following this year's election? I know that they did a thorough refurbishment in 2008/2009, so do you think they will do a full refurb again, or just add the new President in?

With all the news of the big changes (Avatar, Hollywood Studios, Disney Springs, etc.) I thought it might be fun to discuss a smaller attraction.

Note: This post is not intended for political discussions. Please keep that out of the discussion. Thanks!

NearTheEars

I think they will just add the new president, with a new speech. Depending on the message, MF might need to update a few lines.

The last time I was in there, a few weeks ago, it seemed like it could use a sound system upgrade. The audio wasn't bad, but it could definitely be much better and more dramatic at times with better use of the surround sound.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Whoever the new President is they will do the same thing they always do. Sometime in 2017 they will unveil the new AA and he or she will give a speech. Don't they normally take it from their inauguration speech? Morgan Freeman maybe brought in to record a few lines. Or they may get a new narrator if he is unavailable.

Haymarket2008

I believe I had read that one of the first things a president does within the first few months of his/her presidency is to record a speech for the attraction. So it is something that is specially recorded for WDW.

Mrs. Piglet

Do they have to give the new elected President a speaking part in the show? There are many past Presidents that just stand there. Whoever the President is this time Disney needs to see if they have any important spoken words that they have said to make it a speaking part. If not just add the animatronic and be done with it.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Do they have to give the new elected President a speaking part in the show? There are many past Presidents that just stand there. Whoever the President is this time Disney needs to see if they have any important spoken words that they have said to make it a speaking part. If not just add the animatronic and be done with it.
They have also only done the sitting President giving a speech since Clinton. They could redo the show again and change it if they wanted.

Mrs. Piglet

I looked it up, you are correct.
I also think Disney has to think good and hard because if they feel that the newly elected President wouldn't have anything really important to add to the attraction then why add a speech. Unless this is a speech that is written by Disney and just read by the new President.

Dartha Stewart

Uhhh....
Asking people to keep politics out of this thread is like tossing a grenade into a crowded room and asking everyone to just stand still.
Ain't gonna happen. :hilarious:
For anyone with a mental capacity greater than a walnut's...the OP's request to please keep politics out of this discussion shouldn't be too challenging of a concept.

Common sense. It's a good thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom