1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Hall of Presidents Down 2/18/13

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by artvandelay, Feb 18, 2013.

1. artvandelay

artvandelay Well-Known Member

Hall of Presidents Down since 9:30 am. CM's not sure when it'll be back.

2. Cmdr_Crimson

Cmdr_Crimson Well-Known Member

Even President's need a Holiday..And today seems perfect.

3. Goofyernmost

Goofyernmost Well-Known Member

As soon as President Obama get done his rounds of golf with Tiger Woods he will be back to give his speech at the HoP. Thank you for your patience. :)

4. Genie of the Lamp

Genie of the Lamp Well-Known Member

And to think on a day like today (President's Day) it should be opened and people should be recommending to guests "visit HOP today cause it's Presidents day". I know it's a lame reason why you should ride/watch it, but main point I'm trying to make here is that it should not be shut down on President's day out of all the days in the year this is the one day that it should be open and working properly.

5. DaddyDisneyMan

DaddyDisneyMan Well-Known Member

Hmmm...it's like 10,000 spoons, when all you need is a knife. Ironic.

jharvey, Axle1986, cheezbat and 5 others like this.
  6. artvandelay

artvandelay Well-Known Member Original Poster

Didn't even realize the irony of it being closed on Presidents Day. Hope it opens later.

7. wsmith1978

wsmith1978 Well-Known Member

That's a shame because this is a perfect attraction for days like today probably is, with the park being so crowded. A nice escape from the madness. And, of course, there would be no better or more appropriate day than today to see it.

8. Bolt

Bolt Well-Known Member

Yeah - every attraction goes down for some period of time everyday I'm sure.

bethymouse and disneysince71 like this.
  9. disneysince71

disneysince71 Well-Known Member

My DH and I had just had a conversation about how many parents do you think we drag there kids in because its Presidents day.... Very ironic... :)

ASJHLJ, afarese and bethymouse like this.
  10. bethymouse

bethymouse Well-Known Member

Oh my! That's odd. Happy President's Day everyone!:)

11. tinkerblonde11

tinkerblonde11 Well-Known Member

Ah, forever my mom's favorite attraction.

jharvey, afarese and openendedsky like this.
  12. olinecoach61

olinecoach61 Well-Known Member

That is so ironic. For the hall of residents to be closed on Presidents' Day...

13. Sped2424

Sped2424 Well-Known Member

Love that attraction but last time I was there people were being beyond rude, I understand we are all enabled to our political opinions but when it came time for Obama's part to speak in the show a rude parent thought it would be funny to boo. Needless to say me and a couple of other people in the audience were more than peeved has anyone else experienced this during the hall of presidents?

Genie of the Lamp likes this.
  14. Genie of the Lamp

Genie of the Lamp Well-Known Member

When that rude parent left to exit, you should've booed him. I don't like Obama as a president but I still like what they did with him in the attraction and he has a nice speaking part in the show. Seems like a cool guy too. Funny how WDW is supposed to be our escape from the real world whether it be from politics,work,etc. I guess those days are behind us. Plus, WDW is known to be a heavily conservative base (George should be concerned if enough people know and aren't in approval of it). Anyhow away from politics, did this happen the last time you visited this attraction?

ASJHLJ, jharvey and Sped2424 like this.
  15. Jakester

Jakester Well-Known Member

Just FYI, It was operating earlier from what I could tell. Just technical Issues I assume

Genie of the Lamp likes this.
  16. Sped2424

Sped2424 Well-Known Member

Yeah it was the last time I was there and I feel like regardless of whether you like him or not as a president being respectful is still important and I guess Walt Disney world is still an escape from that however adding new presidents to the hall does detract from that escapism I suppose its still a nice touch though.

17. RSoxNo1

RSoxNo1 Well-Known Member

The most ironic part of that song is that Alanis Morrisette doesn't know what irony is.

18. smp2k6

smp2k6 Member

We experienced that when Bush was President too. It peeved me at the time. I'm not surprised it happens now with Obama. Although each of us has varying opinions regarding our leaders and we definitely have the right to voice them, I think it's important that we have respect for the Office (and for others). Even if you don't like the current President (I don't for example), it's rude to be vocal about it at an attraction like HoP.

doctornick, ASJHLJ, jharvey and 3 others like this.
  19. smp2k6

smp2k6 Member

It's a shame the attraction was down for President's Day though. A good day to visit The American Adventure over at EPCOT. A superior attraction in my opinion although seeing all the Presidents at HoP is pretty neat.

20. Animaniac93-98

Animaniac93-98 Well-Known Member

Not to mention illogical, as none of the presidents are capable of hearing you, let alone care what you say about them.

Though I was lucky the last two times I went as nobody said anything.