Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure is open

JusticeDisney

So people post in the Universal part of the forum to try change people’s minds about their parks. They know it’s a big competition for Disney so they come in to stir up trouble and make Universal look bad. It’s just the game they choose to play.
Wow, some people sure are insecure. Point out that a Uni ride has had an embarrassing opening and watch the fanboys have a break down. Too funny, and so sad at the same time.

And by the way, I didn’t bring up Disney once in this thread, but plenty of Uni fanboys have. But since you brought it up, let me know when a Uni park beats even one of the WDW parks in attendance, and then maybe WDW will worry about this so called “competition.”

JusticeDisney

No, the ride vehicles aren't all loaded up with 300 pound people. You don't have unsteady lines, in other words the timing of people slow or fast getting on to the ride. There are many variables that just can't be tested until everything is operational. That is true with most industries. Ever read about about rocket launching?

Launching space missions is not the same as a theme park ride but it is all that comes to mind right now. NASA and everyone else who has shot a rocket up in the air has had one or two blow up. NASA has killed many people, SpaceX the new darling of the industry has blown up many rockets but hasn't killed anyone yet.

Those are billion dollar programs and they don't know what will happen till they do it for real. They test and test and test a head of time, usually because of past known failures. They still don't know until it goes full mission wether it will work or not. the car industry takes on average 40,000 cars to get the production bugs out of a new model. You just don't know that.

Excellent points. That makes a lot of sense.

raven

Wow, some people sure are insecure. Point out that a Uni ride has had an embarrassing opening and watch the fanboys have a break down. Too funny, and so sad at the same time.

And by the way, I didn’t bring up Disney once in this thread, but plenty of Uni fanboys have. But since you brought it up, let me know when a Uni park beats even one of the WDW parks in attendance, and then maybe WDW will worry about this so called “competition.”
Dude, you seriously need to see a professional doctor about your anger issues.

JusticeDisney

Dude, you seriously need to see a professional doctor about your anger issues.
Step 1 when you’re losing a debate: deflect and change the topic.

Step 2 when you’re losing a debate: make personal attacks.

Looks like you’ve got both steps covered, “dude.”

LMAO at you!

raven

Step 1 when you’re losing a debate: deflect and change the topic.

Step 2 when you’re losing a debate: make personal attacks.

Looks like you’ve got both steps covered, “dude.”

LMAO at you!
Read the title of the thread, dude. It’s not a debate, the ride is open.

cheezbat

They had 8 trains going today. Getting there slowly but surely. (Wait time was actually about 61 minutes including a short delay, despite being posted at 3 hours)
And I’ve heard similar run times the past week. I think they’ve got it figured out for the most part.

Tonto

No, the ride vehicles aren't all loaded up with 300 pound people. You don't have unsteady lines, in other words the timing of people slow or fast getting on to the ride. There are many variables that just can't be tested until everything is operational. That is true with most industries. Ever read about about rocket launching?

Launching space missions is not the same as a theme park ride but it is all that comes to mind right now. NASA and everyone else who has shot a rocket up in the air has had one or two blow up. NASA has killed many people, SpaceX the new darling of the industry has blown up many rockets but hasn't killed anyone yet.

Those are billion dollar programs and they don't know what will happen till they do it for real. They test and test and test a head of time, usually because of past known failures. They still don't know until it goes full mission wether it will work or not. the car industry takes on average 40,000 cars to get the production bugs out of a new model. You just don't know that.

You have a point but, this ride was literally done at the nick of time. It did need further testing with all of the show elements working. You are right that at some point you have to see where the rubber meets the road with these attractions; however a lot of the ironing out of this attraction could of been done with another month of testing. They do use test dummies of all weights and sizes to replicate human impact on the ride. This isn't rocket science. Just saying

JT3000

You have a point but, this ride was literally done at the nick of time. It did need further testing with all of the show elements working. You are right that at some point you have to see where the rubber meets the road with these attractions; however a lot of the ironing out of this attraction could of been done with another month of testing. They do use test dummies of all weights and sizes to replicate human impact on the ride. This isn't rocket science. Just saying

The show elements aren't the problem, and the only reason testing, which they did for months, turned out to be ineffective is because they encountered a problem so far into the process. If things had continued to go smoothly, there would have been a soft opening, which would have fixed many of the operational issues by opening. It was a domino effect.

Glasgow

Rode this last week and it was amazing (duh). Got to IoA about 30mins early with another several thousand people. Once they dropped the rope we went straight for Hagrid's queue and ultimately waited 2:15 to get on (granted, the ride was down for about 45mins during that time) - thankfully we just got into the A/C when it went down!

I have to say though - its definitely worth a 2-3 hour wait for anyone wondering if they should sacrifice the time in the park. Its an amazing experience and has several elements not found anywhere else.

JusticeDisney

Rode this last week and it was amazing (duh). Got to IoA about 30mins early with another several thousand people. Once they dropped the rope we went straight for Hagrid's queue and ultimately waited 2:15 to get on (granted, the ride was down for about 45mins during that time) - thankfully we just got into the A/C when it went down!

I have to say though - its definitely worth a 2-3 hour wait for anyone wondering if they should sacrifice the time in the park. Its an amazing experience and has several elements not found anywhere else.
Totally agree that the ride is a ton of fun! Too bad after all these weeks the dang thing is still breaking down.

seascape

No ride is worth a 2 hour wait. Once they have it running the way it was designed it will be a great ride. Give them a couple of months and everything will be fine.

JT3000

No ride is worth a 2 hour wait. Once they have it running the way it was designed it will be a great ride. Give them a couple of months and everything will be fine.

Unless you're there first thing in the morning, this ride will still have a long wait during peak seasons, even at optimal operations. That's not going to change. Both times I've gone to IOA since the ride opened, most other rides had over an hour wait themselves.

Last edited:

WDWFREAK53

I rode it twice (once on Sunday, once on Monday).

Sunday: A delay that we happened to hop in line right as they reopened it. 2 hours and 45 minute wait (that was with a second weather delay which lasted about an hour).

Monday: Got there at rope drop, waited about 90 minutes. No delays or breakdowns.

I'd wait for it again. I love it.

Tom Morrow

Is the line still closing at an unspecified time? I haven't bothered to try and ride since June and I've only been on once because I hate going in the morning or in the afternoon heat.

My95cobras

Totally disagree with you. The ride is unique and some respects, to be sure. But it is not groundbreaking. And the way they have handled the opening has been a joke. Constant breakdowns. Nobody knowing when the ride will open. Nobody knowing when the queue will be closed.

Also, not sure what FOP has to do with this, but since you brought it up, the FOP opening, while far from perfect, was a masterpiece compared to Hagrid’s opening.
Didn’t test track open like 3 years late?

I don’t understand why there is all of this competition from people that do not have a major stake in the universal vs Disney fight?

And by major stakes an millions.

You can like universal too, it doesn’t make you a turn coat. It’s not that serious bro, it’s rides... not a revolutionary war.

Last edited:

JusticeDisney

Didn’t test track open like 3 years late?

I don’t understand why there is all of this competition from people that do not have a major stake in the universal vs Disney fight?

And by major stakes an millions.

You can like universal too, it doesn’t make you a turn coat. It’s not that serious bro, it’s rides... not a revolutionary war.
What’s Test Track have to do with this?

And I love Universal, so again I’m not really sure what you’re even talking about.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom