Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure vs Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind

Which is the better ride?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
GOTG-CR_KV_Horizontal-16x9.jpg

Hagrids-Magical-Creatures-Motorbike-Adventure-Coaster.jpg

WDWFREAK53

Having finally ridden both...they are both very different. To me, the ride system was so unique in Guardians that it truly was like nothing I've ever been on (simple, yet worked so well).
That being said, I'll take Hagrid's all day every day and twice on Sunday. Aside from the lackluster animatronics, the ride itself is so fun. The unique coaster elements all put together as a cohesive story really knocked it out of the park for me.

Weather_Lady

They're both great. I think Hagrid's has the edge as far as great storytelling and top notch practical effects (plus, it's actually accessible to all park ticketholders, and not hidden behind a paywall or VQ system), but I consider both to be "must do" attractions.

LittleMerman

Hagrid! My favorite coaster. It has a bit of everything other than inversions which I'm grateful for.

Cosmic Rewind is fun but it makes me nauseous + it just reminds me of an upgraded Space Mountain. Disney already had a space themed indoor coaster.

Brer Oswald

Would it though? Mummy’s dark ride scenes and general theming looks way better than anything outside the main coaster portion on Guardians (to be fair I haven’t ridden CR yet).
Yes because they’re both indoor “story” coasters. And yes, the scenes on Mummy are better while the coaster part of CR is better.

Tom Morrow

Hagrid's should be compared to Tron, in which case, Hagrid's wins by a mile.

Cosmic Rewind is perhaps more closely related to Gringotts, in which case, Cosmic Rewind wins.

sonoma15

As far as theming and preshows go, Gringotts is better. But as a ride, it’s pretty lame. CR is more fun.
Agreed. Gringott's does a much better job at conveying a story but it isn't really a coaster, it's more of a dark ride with some coaster sections. Cosmic rewind is much more fun, but the story is basically inconceivable.

999th Happy Haunt

Agreed. Gringott's does a much better job at conveying a story but it isn't really a coaster, it's more of a dark ride with some coaster sections. Cosmic rewind is much more fun, but the story is basically inconceivable.
Gringotts gets compared to traditional coasters wayyyyyy too often when it’s definitely closer to Spiderman and Transformers, and in some cases better than both of them. That first drop is electric. It’s definitely a ride that I like more and more each time I go on it.

Brer Oswald

Gringotts gets compared to traditional coasters wayyyyyy too often when it’s definitely closer to Spiderman and Transformers, and in some cases better than both of them. That first drop is electric. It’s definitely a ride that I like more and more each time I go on it.
That’s a more accurate comparison. I don’t think it’s anywhere close to being as good as Spider-Man though.

WDWFREAK53

I know I'm probably in the minority but I think Gringott's is so lackluster. The ride pacing is so disjointed. It's a coaster section to move you in front of a screen...and then onto another screen. What payoff? It just ends. No real climax at all.

The queue is amazing...but "amazing" stops once you board the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom