Guy printed his own fastpass.

Timekeeper

Gotta Keep 'Em Separated

Rcoaster809 said:
I just have a question about the penalty. It has been mentioned a lot, but never really revealled. I would think that since guests can be ejected from the parks for cuting the line, that cheating the fastpass system is like "cutting the cut line," and punishable in the sameway.

Thanks,
Nathan

Disney can do whatever they want. That, however, does not mean everything that they do is right. Same goes for the police. Can they beat a person to a pulp with their sticks if that person poses no threat and does not fight back? While the theoretical answer may be "no," the real answer is "yes."

The problem that I have with comparing "pressing buttons" to "cutting the line" is that one demonstrates specific intent to "cheat" while the other may not. I, like many others, am a curious person. Some people check payphone change returns for spare change, other people push soda machine buttons to see if a free soda happens to pop out, none of which are "wrong." If there's an exposed botton on a fastpass machine, and there is nothing indicating that the botton should not be pushed (warning signs or security enclosure) then a few people are going to push the bottom, the majority of which probably don't know what the botton does. That action is not always wrong per se. Yes, there are cheaters out there, but if a family is visiting from Iowa and their 12 year old son pushes the botton because he just happens to see it, I'd be hard pressed to see any justification for any consequences other than a "please don't touch that" from a supervising CM.

As fot the mysterious botton's discussion on this board, it needs to be discussed in order to reach a solution. The few cheaters who are out there will continue to cheat so long as the system is not changed. If we get the word out, Disney will have to eventually update the system (or CM key handling practices) to prevent system abuse. The same reasoning is applied to currency. Sure, we could still use the type of US currencty that was being printed 10 years ago, so why do we have to keep updating the currency's designs and other technical specifications? To prevent counterfeit and fraud. Once the general public was educated as to how currenty was traditionally re-created using offset printing and additional procedures, government didn't prevent such "education" because they're always going to be one step ahead of the cheaters, thus making cheater much more difficult and possibly not worth the time, effort and resources to do so.

So no one needs to complain about the botton being discussed here. Hopefully WDW will eliminate the problem, whether it be lazy CM's who leave keys in the machines and/or openly exposed buttons, to prevent what is obviously a known problem. The fact that they've had to talk to one person about it means that they know about the problem. If they take no steps to correct the situation, then that speaks for their priorities and view as to the relevance of the issue at hand.

Timekeeper

LadyDarling

mkt said:
cheating is cheating, plain and simple. Disney has made examples of guests before. It's their private property to do what they please with... not your playground. The ticket you have gives you the privilege to experience all possible attractions and entertainment, eat in the theme park restaurants, shop in the shops, and just linger in the park. It does not give ANYONE the right to break the rules. It doesn't matter what pass you have, or what relation you have to The Walt Disney Company.

I completely agree with you. Being a regular at Disneyland here in California, I am appalled at how crazy things get there in the summer time. If there is a rope up somewhere, don't jump it, go around. What they've done out here is covered the fastpass machines in some decorations which hides all the "buttons" and inner workings.

I find it sad and just down right pathetic that people need to "cheat the system".

Timekeeper has a great point though. If, for example, a curious child is NOT being watched closely by his/her parents/gaurdians and pushes the button resulting in an extra fast pass being printed, a "don't touch that please" is warranted, HOWEVER - I would hope the parent would destroy or turn the fast pass in to a cast member (or at least offer to hand it over - if the CM says keep it, that's fine.). I know I would (but then again, I'm a stickler for rules). Then again, I've witnessed parents cut in line and encourage thier kids to "hurry up" and do the same...

In the end, we're all on vacation. Play by the rules folks. They are there for a reason.

OKay - I'm off my soap box now.

The_CEO

HauntedPirate said:
So, is it considered cheating if someone used "The Button" to get a souvenir FP? :lookaroun

If you want a souvenir, print yourself a FP with your ticket and keep it. :)

bgraham34

Original Poster
Some people will do anything to cut in line. i tend to go to the parks when the lines are shorter. Meaning the off season. So i really dont mind waiting 5-10 mins to get on the ride. But if it were an hour that would be another story.

MKCustodial

AEfx said:
I'm sorry, but if the CM's are so careless/lazy/stupid to leave the key in there, they deserve anything they get...

Although stealing a car is obviously wrong, if you leave your key sticking out of the lock on your car door and walk away, you really can't say you didn't ask for it.

AEfx

Nice thinking you have there. Because of amazing lines of thought like the ones described society is the way it is today. And we're the brightest animals in the world. Sometimes it's really sad to realize that, isn't it?

RnRJoe6114

my friend was in DW recently and he said he saw a guy who found the button and hit it and got FP
and also i hve seen it used by CM's wen people have problems getting thier FP's

strobe

SewIn2Disney said:
That would be a little bit more difficult, as the paper the fast passes use is almost like a opalescent pearl, and it has a rainbow effect if looked at from the correct angle. Also, if you scanned a fastpass, you would be able to get a bunch of fastpasses, but they would all be for the same one hour time slot.

Seriously, this is Disney, we really don't need to cheat them. If enough people start cheating the system, it might be too much for Disney to handle, and then they have the power to remove the fastpasses all together (I know it's a long shot, but you never know :lookaroun )

I agree with you on this, however, I wonder if someone would be able to slip a few by now and then. I'm sure after working a line for several hours, the CMs probably don't always inspect the Fast Passes too closely.

It's a shame that no matter what the system, or what the rules, there will always be somebody ready and willing to cheat. It's more of a moral question than a technical one, but unfortunately that's just the way a lot of people are nowadays. It's the new 'me' attitude.

texanspivey

I cheated......Out of curiosity. I was at Disneyland Saturday, and was wondering how the kid in front of me was getting all these fastpasses, and she told me there was a button in the back. It was for the Roger Rabbit Spin ride, and the button was right smack in the middle for anyone to see. So I pressed it, and out came a fastpass. It was kind of funny. :drevil:

SirNim

texanspivey said:
I cheated......Out of curiosity. I was at Disneyland Saturday, and was wondering how the kid in front of me was getting all these fastpasses, and she told me there was a button in the back. It was for the Roger Rabbit Spin ride, and the button was right smack in the middle for anyone to see. So I pressed it, and out came a fastpass. It was kind of funny. :drevil:
uh oh! lol

no CMs were there, right?

TTA Traveler

texanspivey said:

When my park ticket didnt give me a fp on test track, i told a cm my problem, and she made me stand in front of the machine so i didnt see her sue the button, but i knew.....anyway, i tried using the button two days ago on philharmagic, it didnt work, so im assuming you need the key for it. Also, anybody else rmemebr when Fp first came out, you could stick ANYTHING in them and out would come a fastpass. I was putting in old hotel room key cards from like hampton inn, and it would give me unlimited fp! too bad they fixed this bug :( :lol:

stepherm

The problems I have with Fastpasses are how they are implemented on certain rides.

Rides like Space Mountain are fine, because they don't stop the stand by line for it, it just limits the capasity of the stand by line.

Rides like Buzz Lightyear and Test Track are the ones that ________ me off. Where they take every fastpass user...and then if there is room they might let a group from the standby line in. This then creates horendous stand-by lines that inch along. Can any CM's tell me the logic in this? It seems to me the way it should be worked is equal numbers from both lines. 10 from the fast pass, 10 from standby or something like this. Thus the standby line doesn't sit idly for 10 min.

Also...when I was just down there...we got to MGM at opening and went to go get fastpasses for ToT. Well we got there...there was a huge line...and CM's were handing them out like candy, giving you as many as you would ask for. The park opened at 9...and we didn't get FPs tell 1 o'clock. I feel like this is just making the system pointless.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom